Question regarding circuit clerkship and ungraded credits...

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Question regarding circuit clerkship and ungraded credits...

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:45 am

Hi all - I'm a 3L and currently have a DC clerkship (flyover I guess?) for the 2014-2015 term and am interested in a circuit clerkship for the following year. My 1L/2L classes are full of doctrinal/graded classes, but I have definitely eased up during my third year (appellate clinic, T+E, fed income tax, and a lot of writing classes). Of the classes from my 3L year, about 1/3 are ungraded, with the rest obviously being graded. How will this affect my chances at a circuit clerkship in a competitive area / generally? For what it's worth, my GPA / resume has improved since receiving my district court / circuit court interviews.

Should I just chalk it all up to connections anyways and forget this thread exists? Probably... Also -I know how incredibly lucky I am to be in this situation, and good luck to those that are on the hunt. Thanks for any advice.

Anonymous User

Re: Question regarding circuit clerkship and ungraded credits...

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:58 am

Correction ^^^ meant to say that my GPA / resume has improved since receiving my initial district court / circuit court interviews (3 DC and 1 Circuit)

ALSO - I am at MVP and not on LR... very involved with moot court though - not sure it matters. Anyways - thanks again in advance.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”