2 unrelated questions regarding clerkships

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

2 unrelated questions regarding clerkships

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:47 pm

I'm thinking of clerking and I had two random questions. 1. Are clerkships eligible for PSLF? Would my one year clerking count toward the 10 year requirement? I am looking to take advantage of PSLF in the future.

2. Is there a pay difference between COA and d. ct.

A. Nony Mouse

Re: 2 unrelated questions regarding clerkships

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:52 pm

Clerking counts for PSLF. I don't think there's a difference in pay between district and COA (as far as I know they're both on the JS payscale and where you land depends on how much experience you have), but I can't swear to that.

Liam

Postby Liam » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:08 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Clerking counts for PSLF.

Did not know that. At GULC clerks are not eligible for LRAP, so I always assumed it didn't count at all.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:10 am

Liam wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:Clerking counts for PSLF.

Did not know that. At GULC clerks are not eligible for LRAP, so I always assumed it didn't count at all.

Yup.
Qualifying employment is any employment with a federal, state, or local government agency, entity, or organization or a not-for-profit organization that has been designated as tax-exempt by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC). The type or nature of employment with the organization does not matter for PSLF purposes. Additionally, the type of services that these public service organizations provide does not matter for PSLF purposes.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”