Number of Recommendations

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."

Number of Recommendations

Postby patriot888 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:52 pm

If a judge requires only one or two recommendations, would it look bad if I submit three recommendations?

Thank you.

Re: Number of Recommendations

Postby JusticeJackson » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:45 pm

Last edited by JusticeJackson on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: Number of Recommendations

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:43 am

JusticeJackson wrote:I would give the judge what they ask for. I've never seen the other side of this (i.e., this issue didn't come up when I was a clerk looking through applications for the next year), but I think doing anything else could show lack of attention to detail. Just my opinion.

Clerk here. I second this. I recently helped hire my replacement and little things like this do actually matter (to varying degrees). It just looks bad if you can't even follow instructions on how to apply to a job.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”