Updating an application?

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Updating an application?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:30 pm

I was recently given the opportunity to update my application for a clerkship. In addition to an updated resume, I was curious if people had any thoughts on what kind of updated information would be the most helpful.

For example, I was thinking of submitting an updated writing sample from my internship this summer (since my previous writing sample was from my first year LRW class).

Thanks in advance!

Re: Updating an application?

Postby JAG Dog » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:25 am

If your new writing sample is better, then submit it. If it's not, don't. I think at this point the reviewer will care less about whether you have real-world writing experience than about how well you write, so don't update it just to show you have written something else.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”