May clerks have second jobs?

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
thsmthcrmnl

May clerks have second jobs?

Postby thsmthcrmnl » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:56 am

For example, if you wanted to work for an LSAT prep company on weekends. I'm specifically wondering about rules, not time commitments.

Thanks

ph14

Re: May clerks have second jobs?

Postby ph14 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:36 pm

thsmthcrmnl wrote:For example, if you wanted to work for an LSAT prep company on weekends. I'm specifically wondering about rules, not time commitments.

Thanks

I've heard of clerks teaching at law schools during their clerkships. Not sure if that's considered similar to working at a LSAT prep company or not for ethical purposes.

legalese_retard

Re: May clerks have second jobs?

Postby legalese_retard » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:36 pm

thsmthcrmnl wrote:For example, if you wanted to work for an LSAT prep company on weekends. I'm specifically wondering about rules, not time commitments.

Thanks

As long as it is doesn't involve the "practice of law," you are fine under the rules. However, you need to get your judge's permission to get a second job - even if it is non-legal.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”