Applying to attorney recently nominated as a federal judge Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Applying to attorney recently nominated as a federal judge

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:29 pm

Just out of curiousity, I have heard that there is less competition for clerkships with new federal judges. However, when do you actually apply to these judges? Should you apply after they have been nominated? After they have been confirmed by the senate? Is it bad to reach out to the attorney after being nominated to inquire about applying for a clerkship? Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated!

ZyzzBrah

Bronze

Re: Applying to attorney recently nominated as a federal judge

Post by ZyzzBrah » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:46 pm

Bump. Im interested in this too as a couple attorneys have been nominated to the district I'm interested in.

legalese_retard

Bronze

Re: Applying to attorney recently nominated as a federal judge

Post by legalese_retard » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:46 am

Unless you already know the nominee, or at least have a connection with someone with strong ties to the nominee, I would reserve applying to him/her until after the senate confirmation. The last thing on the nomiee's mind is hiring the law clerks. Plus if you apply too soon, your application may get lost.

As soon as the person gets confirmed, you should contact the Clerk's Office and see who you should forward your application to. Be sure to first check the District Court/Circuit Court's website, as a job announcement will probably be posted with application instructions.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”