OSCAR Registration not available for current 2Ls? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

OSCAR Registration not available for current 2Ls?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:10 pm

So I'm trying to apply to OSCAR, but when I try to put down my expected graduation date, May 2015 is not available.

Is there a certain reason for that?

ph14

Gold

Re: OSCAR Registration not available for current 2Ls?

Post by ph14 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So I'm trying to apply to OSCAR, but when I try to put down my expected graduation date, May 2015 is not available.

Is there a certain reason for that?
It might not let you register until closer to the application release date. Just hold off on registering for now and send paper applications.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:21 pm

Got it, thanks.

Is it acceptable to send paper applications, and in the cover letter say, "Will follow up with 3 letters of recommendations."

Also, my career counselor said to not worry about clerkship applications until fall grades come out.

As of now, I do not have the best of GPAs, so that may be why she said that.

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Got it, thanks.

Is it acceptable to send paper applications, and in the cover letter say, "Will follow up with 3 letters of recommendations."

Also, my career counselor said to not worry about clerkship applications until fall grades come out.

As of now, I do not have the best of GPAs, so that may be why she said that.
Yes absolutely. But indicate in your cover letter who will be sending the cover letters and also include contact information for them (at least email). Yeah, you don't have to apply yet. Some judges move in the fall, but most move in the spring, at least for COA.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:25 pm

OP here, got it, thank you.

Also, I felt like I was stressing about this stuff a little too early. I was talking to a friend of mine today about clerkships, and some 1Ls overhead us.

They walked over to us and started asking us questions about clerking, and how they said they've always wanted to clerk because they want to be trial lawyers.

Made me laugh. When I was a 1L, at this point in time, I didn't even know what clerking was.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here, got it, thank you.

Also, I felt like I was stressing about this stuff a little too early. I was talking to a friend of mine today about clerkships, and some 1Ls overhead us.

They walked over to us and started asking us questions about clerking, and how they said they've always wanted to clerk because they want to be trial lawyers.

Made me laugh. When I was a 1L, at this point in time, I didn't even know what clerking was.
1Ls at our school this year seem really gunnerish.

It's still the first month, so the 1Ls will get hyped about anything.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:OP here, got it, thank you.

1Ls at our school this year seem really gunnerish.

It's still the first month, so the 1Ls will get hyped about anything.
OP, don't pretend to be multiple people.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”