Research Assistant and Letter of Rec

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."

Research Assistant and Letter of Rec

Postby JonSnow217 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:50 pm

I worked as a research assistant for a professor who was (and still is) on sabbatical; we've communicated exclusively via email and I have not met her in person. Assuming that I do not get to meet her in person before I submit my clerkship applications, would she still be a good person to write me a letter of rec? She can speak to my writing and research abilities, as well as my understanding of certain areas of the law, but she may not be able to comment on my personality to the same degree.

Re: Research Assistant and Letter of Rec

Postby lolwat » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:50 pm

Sure, still much better than a professor that you have no connection with other than you've taken a class from them and got an A in it. Just depends if you have any better options.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”