Still haven't got a letter yet

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Still haven't got a letter yet

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:57 am

Hi folks, I'll be starting my clerkship around mid-Sept. However, I have still not received any official paperwork from HR yet. This is fed clerkship. Should I ask? Should I wait? Whom should I ask?

Anonymous User

Re: Still haven't got a letter yet

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:34 am

1) Check the court website. Sometimes there will be some kind of email directory. If that's the case, you should look up HR, and email the address given explaining your situation.

2) Another option is to call or email someone you know from chambers. They should be able to alert HR.

3) Or maybe they won't have you fill out paperwork until you get there on your first day.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:45 am

I wouldn't worry that they've forgotten about you or anything, but it would be perfectly fine to contact the JA or the clerk you're replacing and ask for the HR person's contact info. I got paperwork between 3-4 weeks before I started, but when exactly seems to depend on the HR person handling new clerks and what system they have in place.

lolwat

Postby lolwat » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:24 pm

3) Or maybe they won't have you fill out paperwork until you get there on your first day.

This is true for my judge, so yeah.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”