Just curious: how do you tell others what you do? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Re: Just curious: how do you tell others what you do?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:35 am

This was me at a family BBQ yesterday for Sunday football. I've been trying to not sound boastful or get into the details of my job (which I think would confuse rather than clarify). So I had this conversation with one of my older uncles.

"So what're you doing now"

"I'm clerking for a judge."

"Oh, how long is the position for?"

"A year."

"Is it an internship?"

"Hmm....no, it's not."

"Oh, so it can turn into a full-time job?"

"Hmm....not really."

I didn't wanna get into what it was I actually did or the nature of clerkships. From my experience, people ask, but they actually don't wanna know all the details.

Anonymous User

Re: Just curious: how do you tell others what you do?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:40 pm

A family member tells everyone I'm an intern. On the bright side, it saves me from too much furlough talk because his/her side doesn't think I get paid anyway.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”