Pre-clerkship SA Positions?

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Pre-clerkship SA Positions?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:22 pm

I just finished my summer and received an offer at my firm, and have my clerkship lined up for 14-15. It's been brought to my attention that some top firms (e.g. Boies) accept summers for the summer before their clerkship.

I've only spoken to one person with experience of these and they spoke highly of it- apparently they were given plenty of time in the evenings to study for the bar. This seems extremely stressful and not necessarily worth it to me, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them, or thoughts on their relative value.

For background I loved my SA and will be thrilled to return to the firm after my clerkship- the resume line item of an ultra elite firm and the extra money is the main draw.

Anonymous User

Re: Pre-clerkship SA Positions?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:31 pm

I would be very interested in this as well. Does anybody have experience doing this in major markets? Is this a good way to get a foot in the door in a big market like DC or NY?

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”