Clerking and publications

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Clerking and publications

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:44 pm

I have a district ct clerkship lined up in NY and am hoping to do a COA clerkship at some point after. My question is how helpful is it that I have published two articles (not notes) since graduation in well respected secondary journals? I have no idea if that's a big plus or not that important. Thanks.

Myself

Postby Myself » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:55 pm

Last edited by Myself on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hiima3L

Re: Clerking and publications

Postby hiima3L » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have a district ct clerkship lined up in NY and am hoping to do a COA clerkship at some point after. My question is how helpful is it that I have published two articles (not notes) since graduation in well respected secondary journals? I have no idea if that's a big plus or not that important. Thanks.

Depends entirely, it seems.

I distinctly remember seeing a handful of OSCAR postings saying the judge did not want to see a writing sample from a legal publication. I've also seen much more that require the writing sample to be in the form of a brief or motion.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”