. Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Another

Bronze

Post by Another » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:33 am

Last edited by Another on Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Citizen Genet

Silver

Re: Which courts tend to work their clerks the hardest?

Post by Citizen Genet » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:25 am

hopkins23 wrote:Which courts (e.g., SDNY, DC Cir., etc.) tend to work their courts the hardest? Obviously there were will be exceptions to general rules, but I was just wondering which courts work their clerks the hardest in general? I would consider amount of hours worked per week, difficult of the topics tackled, etc.

If you guys know of specific judges, I'd love to hear about that too.
Don't know firsthand, but I've heard N.D. Ca. is pretty busy, with a few specific judges expecting 60-80 hour work weeks.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:42 am

I'm sure there are generalizations, but it can also vary a lot by judge. My judge is extremely reasonable in his requirements (8-5, no staying late/weekends unless we're in trial, often lets us leave early on Fridays), but the judge in the next chambers over expects 7-7 and weekends.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:29 am

As always, it depends. Certain districts have larger dockets, but I think the ultimate factor is the number of clerks. 2 can mean you're working more than biglaw, whereas 3 could mean you're working 9-5.

andythefir

Silver

Post by andythefir » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:39 am

The DNM can be crushing on the judges and clerks because they get a ton of immigration, border crime, drugs, and native reservation crime. They also don't have as many judges as other districts and as a rule take 2 clerks at the most.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Myself

Silver

Post by Myself » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:30 pm

Last edited by Myself on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”