Miracle Clerkships

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Re: Miracle Clerkships

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:16 am

Maybe not a miracle, but certainly out of the ordinary: I was just a hair above median at a T14, secondary journal, no publications or ed board. I landed a firm VERY out of reach on strength of rec, and landed SDNY on strength of rec from the firm.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:25 am

Want to revive this thread. Any miracle offers recently? As a lower T14 '14 grad who finished around median, I am crossing my fingers that I'll luck into one of these situations...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:56 pm

Army2Law wrote:I thought this was a thread about clerking for canon law judges. Now I'm just disappointed.

lol

mrs.miawallace

Postby mrs.miawallace » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:00 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
Biglaw_Associate_V20 wrote:Here's a problem with miracle clerkships: They don't help you get jobs at firms with strict grade cutoffs if you're well below the cutoff. At my firm, for example, the grade cutoff is the same whether you clerked for the Supreme Court or not.

I think this is absolutely correct, but at least it's another year to learn stuff and make connections and gun for those jobs that don't have firm grade cut-offs.

This is such a secret guild conversation
what are those firms, GDC may be one?

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”