Chance me for the 2015-2016 Cycle

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Chance me for the 2015-2016 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:27 pm

Hey all:

I am a recent graduate of CCN. I am currently trying to figure out where I have a shot for clerking. I need TLS help because I only recently figured I wanted to clerk. I would like either a Western U.S. State Supreme Court (California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico), an AIII District Court anywhere, a Delaware Appellate or Supreme Court clerkship, or a specialty court (specifically trade court). I plan to apply everywhere as soon as judges will accept my apps for the next cycle (15-16) and am spending the next 8 months pounding the networking pavement.

Stats:

Will have 2 years of legal work experience when applying (one year in-house focusing on trade, antitrust and IP, and law firm experience), also three Vault SA positions, strong pre-law trade, supply chain, IP, and compliance experience and international business experience;
around median grades;
editor of ABA journal while in school, no school journal;
articles published twice (secondary journals at T1 and T2 schools);
have conservative and international law prof recommenders.

Where do I have a shot? If you were me, what would you do?

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”