NY Commercial Division

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

NY Commercial Division

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:22 am

I just got a possible ping re: a commercial division clerkship in NY. I have been mostly looking at Federal CoA clerkships, where I am a long shot but not out of the running.

There are a lot of other personal factors I'm weighing specific to the decision, but what are feelings here on Federal CoA v. New York Commercial Division?

A. Nony Mouse

Re: NY Commercial Division

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:I just got a possible ping re: a commercial division clerkship in NY. I have been mostly looking at Federal CoA clerkships, where I am a long shot but not out of the running.

There are a lot of other personal factors I'm weighing specific to the decision, but what are feelings here on Federal CoA v. New York Commercial Division?

I get that it's a kind of specialized court, and that it's NYC, but isn't there still a huge gulf between a federal COA clerkship and a state trial-level clerkship? (not NYer or a commercial law person, so there may be something I'm missing...)

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”