bench memo example Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
objctnyrhnr

bench memo example

Post by objctnyrhnr » Fri May 03, 2013 4:02 pm

can anybody PM me an example of a bench memo? i am doing my first one at my judicial internship, and I am not completely clear on how it's supposed to look.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: bench memo example

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Fri May 03, 2013 4:27 pm

I would ask for an example from your internship (ask the clerks?). Judges may vary in their expectations, and it's not something anyone should expect you to know on your own.

Judge Philip Banks

Bronze

Post by Judge Philip Banks » Sat May 04, 2013 1:20 pm

objctnyrhnr wrote:can anybody PM me an example of a bench memo? i am doing my first one at my judicial internship, and I am not completely clear on how it's supposed to look.
Just look up old ones from previous interns and clerks... If you don't have any examples because your judge is new or something, then ask your judge or clerk what the format is. Different judges want different things in their bench memos, so asking people for examples from other judges might not be very useful.

Pokemon

Gold

Post by Pokemon » Mon May 06, 2013 3:19 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”