Law School Transcripts

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Law School Transcripts

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:16 pm

If a judge doesn't have an OSCAR posting, but a call to chambers confirms they are reviewing applications, but the old job posting only says they request a cover letter, resume, and writing sample then should I send a copy of my law school transcript anyways? I don't want to send it if they don't want it, but I also don't want to send in my application and not get considered because I didn't include all the materials they actually wanted.

ph14

Re: Law School Transcripts

Postby ph14 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If a judge doesn't have an OSCAR posting, but a call to chambers confirms they are reviewing applications, but the old job posting only says they request a cover letter, resume, and writing sample then should I send a copy of my law school transcript anyways? I don't want to send it if they don't want it, but I also don't want to send in my application and not get considered because I didn't include all the materials they actually wanted.

Did they say "only cover letter, resume, and writing sample"? Or did they say "send your cover letter, resume, and writing sample"? In any event, send the transcript. It's likely inadvertent. They won't be mad because you sent more than they expressly asked for, and i've never heard of a judge not wanting a transcript.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”