State/Local Clerkships v Fed Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
hunter.d

Bronze

State/Local Clerkships v Fed

Post by hunter.d » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:48 pm

I understand the greater prestige and competitiveness for federal clerkships as opposed to state/local. However, as far as assessing a school's employment stats, how much discount does state/local get? Is it really a non-desirable outcome when judging a T-14 or T-20? I assume grads in these positions wanted a Fed and couldn't get it. But wouldn't NYC Biglaw look just as favorably at a NY appellate if one of its 2l SA's wanted to spend a year doing that before beginning their career in NYC?

I am thinking that some are better than others and half of employed grads in these positions should be considered employed in a favorable position. Thoughts?

bk1

Diamond

Re: State/Local Clerkships v Fed

Post by bk1 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:00 pm

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”