Worth Applying for Any Clerkships? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Worth Applying for Any Clerkships?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:24 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Worth Applying for Any Clerkships?

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:00 am

Anonymous User wrote:I'm a 2L whose interested in litigation, so I would definitely like to do a clerkship. However, I'm not on a journal. Is it worth me applying for anything? Some more information about me:

GPA: 3.242 at UT/Vanderbilt/UCLA;
2L SA with a NLJ250 in NYC which is renowned for a niche area of litigation;
1L summer and 2L school year with a small firm in my school's hometown;
K-JD with ties to only one state (my school's state -- born, raised, and attended UG here)

Obviously I have no shot at circuit court positions, but do I have an off-chance at any district courts? State appellate courts?
What rank is 3.242? Do you have anything else on your resume that signals writing/research ability - publications or moot court or the like?

Anonymous User

Re: Worth Applying for Any Clerkships?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:48 pm

It's absolutely worthwhile to apply because the worst that could happen is you waste a few days here and there throwing together applications for OSCAR, and maybe an insignificant amount of $ for paper applications.

I was barely above median at a T40 and managed to land a d. ct. clerkship. I know I am an outlier, but it does happen.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”