Will I have a clerkship in September? (sequestration)

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
DreamingInDigital

Will I have a clerkship in September? (sequestration)

Postby DreamingInDigital » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:12 am

I am set to begin a COA clerkship in September 2013. Will the clerkship be affected by the sequestration/budget cuts that are set to take effect today?

Anonymous User

Re: Will I have a clerkship in September? (sequestration)

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:18 am

DreamingInDigital wrote:I am set to begin a COA clerkship in September 2013. Will the clerkship be affected by the sequestration/budget cuts that are set to take effect today?

It shouldn't be. See the sequestration thread further down on the board.

DreamingInDigital

Postby DreamingInDigital » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:
DreamingInDigital wrote:I am set to begin a COA clerkship in September 2013. Will the clerkship be affected by the sequestration/budget cuts that are set to take effect today?

It shouldn't be. See the sequestration thread further down on the board.

Thank you - I will take a look at that thread. I haven't called chambers yet, but I have a feeling that the JA won't know anything.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:52 am

I said this in the other thread, but in case it's helpful, I was told chambers staff are essential personnel and therefore the sequestration has no effect. I'm in a district court, but I can't imagine COA is any different. Also, following the info from the other thread, it looks like most agencies are furloughing people rather than firing people (though I can't say that's universal).

DreamingInDigital

Postby DreamingInDigital » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:59 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:I said this in the other thread, but in case it's helpful, I was told chambers staff are essential personnel and therefore the sequestration has no effect. I'm in a district court, but I can't imagine COA is any different. Also, following the info from the other thread, it looks like most agencies are furloughing people rather than firing people (though I can't say that's universal).

Thanks. Seems like the federal judiciary has been an afterthought in most discussions of the sequestration.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”