Let's talk 11th Circuit!

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User
Posts: 273568
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Let's talk 11th Circuit!

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:40 am

Anyone know anything about Rosenbaum? The fact that she goes out of her way to say how hard the work is seems like a bit of a red flag

Anonymous User
Posts: 273568
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Let's talk 11th Circuit!

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know anything about Rosenbaum? The fact that she goes out of her way to say how hard the work is seems like a bit of a red flag


Super smart, but she will work you hard. I don't think she's as bad as a Kozinski or Posner, but her clerks are routinely working until 11:00 PM a lot of nights.

lawman84
Posts: 3314
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:01 pm

Re: Let's talk 11th Circuit!

Postby lawman84 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know anything about Rosenbaum? The fact that she goes out of her way to say how hard the work is seems like a bit of a red flag


Super smart, but she will work you hard. I don't think she's as bad as a Kozinski or Posner, but her clerks are routinely working until 11:00 PM a lot of nights.


Working until 11 PM? That sounds miserable. How does that happen?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273568
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Let's talk 11th Circuit!

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:06 pm

My understanding through hearsay is that she does not share in the bench memo pool. But there's probably other reasons as well.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273568
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Let's talk 11th Circuit!

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My understanding through hearsay is that she does not share in the bench memo pool. But there's probably other reasons as well.


There's no shared bench memos in the 11th. It also has the highest caseload, per-capita in the country- you'll work pretty hard for most of the judges there. Working till 11pm on a daily basis seems unusual, but clerks for both Judges Pryor, E. Carnes, and Martin also work long(ish) hours.

lawman84
Posts: 3314
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:01 pm

Re: Let's talk 11th Circuit!

Postby lawman84 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:My understanding through hearsay is that she does not share in the bench memo pool. But there's probably other reasons as well.


There's no shared bench memos in the 11th. It also has the highest caseload, per-capita in the country- you'll work pretty hard for most of the judges there. Working till 11pm on a daily basis seems unusual, but clerks for both Judges Pryor, E. Carnes, and Martin also work long(ish) hours.


Well, this explains a lot.

User avatar
BullShitWithBravado
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:29 pm

Re: Let's talk 11th Circuit!

Postby BullShitWithBravado » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:22 pm

Tag.

lanieh05406
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:00 pm

Re: Let's talk 11th Circuit!

Postby lanieh05406 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:41 pm

Judge W. Pryor done for 2018-19 per letter from chambers. Judge Rosenbaum done per email.




Return to “Judicial Clerkships”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.