Interview Advice

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Interview Advice

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:06 pm

Hi all. I'm interviewing with a federal COA judge in the next week or two, and would love some interview advice. Things to ask and to do, things to avoid, etc. My numbers make me a long shot, so I need to nail the interview.

Thanks in advance!!!

Citizen Genet

Re: Interview Advice

Postby Citizen Genet » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:18 pm

Would appreciate if you can PM me. (Don't have interview tips, but I am trying to anonymously collect information about timing of judges.)

Anonymous User

Re: Interview Advice

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hi all. I'm interviewing with a federal COA judge in the next week or two, and would love some interview advice. Things to ask and to do, things to avoid, etc. My numbers make me a long shot, so I need to nail the interview.

Thanks in advance!!!

My best advice would be to be yourself. Secondarily, try to make clear that you've read and thought about some of the judge's opinions and be prepared to talk about how the clerkship would fit into your larger career plans. I was in a similar situation, and this advice paid off for me. Would you mind sharing the circuit? I wonder if it could be the same judge.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”