Hey 0Ls... This is for you! *Update* Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
hmlee

Bronze

Hey 0Ls... This is for you! *Update*

Post by hmlee » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:26 pm

Hey y'all. After working out some kinks, our pre-law site is finally live. If you signed up before you should have by now received your access e-mail to the site. If any of you have used it, Id appreciate it if you could PM me with any feedback you have -- whether you found it useful, any problems you experienced, etc. Doesn't have to be long, but it'd help me out a great deal.

Also, if you haven't received your login access, PM me and I'll get it sorted out.

Original post below:

So here's the deal. I work for a startup that makes case briefing and job search tools for law students. We already operate at Northwestern, Michigan, and NYU. We're expanding the number of supported schools this fall, and over the next few weeks are also rolling out a 0L preparation portal. The portal will have interactive case briefing walkthroughs for several of the most common cases seen in 1L courses (about 50-60 total), articles on subjects of interest to 0Ls, and a preview of our career side tools. Oh, and it's completely free.

We're rolling out access to this gradually, and just launched our early sign-up list this morning. The first people signed up will be the first to get access. Additionally, we'll be looking to the list to help us determine which schools to expand to this fall.

Head here to sign-up: http://join.learnleo.com/prelaw

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have here or via PM. About the website, or anything else really.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming....

Edit: A portion of the articles we are featuring on the portal when it's open just went live as a teaser. Obviously not the coolest part yet, but useful information for 0Ls to read. Check 'em out here after you sign up: http://blog.learnleo.com/category/pre-law/
Last edited by hmlee on Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Swimp

Bronze

Re: Hey 0Ls... This is for you!

Post by Swimp » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:47 am

Thanks for this wonderful spam, hmlee! :mrgreen:

CaptainLeela

Platinum

Welcome to TLS

Post by CaptainLeela » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:17 am

Welcome to TLS

romanticegotist

Gold

Post by romanticegotist » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:02 am

Looks neat, threw my name in.

feralinfant

Silver

Post by feralinfant » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:10 am

OP took some questions in this thread too: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 4&t=207297

seems worth checking out.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nickb285

Silver

Post by nickb285 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:41 am

Last edited by nickb285 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hmlee

Bronze

Post by hmlee » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:56 am

Swimp wrote:Thanks for this wonderful spam, hmlee! :mrgreen:
Just wanted to make sure 0Ls got to see it if they missed me talking about it elsewhere. :)

CalAlumni

Bronze

Post by CalAlumni » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:52 pm

Looks cool...will be at Northwestern this fall.

hmlee

Bronze

Post by hmlee » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:55 pm

Just an FYI to all 0Ls starting this fall -

My company is always looking to develop contacts at law schools that we are opening at. Sometimes we also seek paid student reps to help us as we launch. If you'd like to be considered for something like this, send me a PM with your name and school, and I'll keep you in mind for if/when we launch at your school.

Completely optional, obviously, and I can't promise anything, but it'd be useful for me and possibly result in future monies for you.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:18 pm

This looks legit. You guys rock.

KD35

Silver

Post by KD35 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:27 pm

hmlee wrote:So here's the deal. I work for a startup that makes case briefing and job search tools for law students. We already operate at Northwestern, Michigan, and NYU. We're expanding the number of supported schools this fall, and over the next few weeks are also rolling out a 0L preparation portal. The portal will have interactive case briefing walkthroughs for several of the most common cases seen in 1L courses (about 50-60 total), articles on subjects of interest to 0Ls, and a preview of our career side tools. Oh, and it's completely free.

We're rolling out access to this gradually, and just launched our early sign-up list this morning. The first people signed up will be the first to get access. Additionally, we'll be looking to the list to help us determine which schools to expand to this fall.

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have here or via PM. About the website, or anything else really.

Edit: A portion of the articles we are featuring on the portal when it's open just went live as a teaser. Obviously not the coolest part yet, but useful information for 0Ls to read. Check 'em out here after you sign up: http://blog.learnleo.com/category/pre-law/
So stoked for more! Thanks to you and your company!!!

hmlee

Bronze

Post by hmlee » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:42 pm

KD35 wrote:
hmlee wrote:So here's the deal. I work for a startup that makes case briefing and job search tools for law students. We already operate at Northwestern, Michigan, and NYU. We're expanding the number of supported schools this fall, and over the next few weeks are also rolling out a 0L preparation portal. The portal will have interactive case briefing walkthroughs for several of the most common cases seen in 1L courses (about 50-60 total), articles on subjects of interest to 0Ls, and a preview of our career side tools. Oh, and it's completely free.

So stoked for more! Thanks to you and your company!!!
Happy to help. :) I meet with our developers tomorrow, so I should get an update on the ETA then.

trojandave

Bronze

Post by trojandave » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:17 pm

Thanks for the bump, just saw this and signed up.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hmlee

Bronze

Re: Hey 0Ls... This is for you! *Update*

Post by hmlee » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:12 pm

Bumping because of the update.

americanman

New

Post by americanman » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:27 pm

hmlee wrote:Bumping because of the update.
so im on it now. how the hell do we use it?

hmlee

Bronze

Post by hmlee » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:34 pm

americanman wrote:
hmlee wrote:Bumping because of the update.
so im on it now. how the hell do we use it?
Once you're logged in to the site you should see a dashboard with a list of six pre-law classes. Clicking on a class name will take you to the syllabus for the class. (In the full site, this would be an actual syllabus for your actual class, but for the purposes of the 0L site we've just taken out some of the most commonly seen cases from 1L courses). Each syllabus has the cases with a brief description of why the case is taught / where in a course you're likely to see the case come up.

From the syllabus, clicking on a case name will take you to the text of the case. At this point you have two choices -- if you look to the right side of your screen you will see a button to start the optional tutorial. The tutorial will take you through the interface and show you the mechanics of briefing cases on the site. It will also give you descriptions of the various categories that go into a brief.

Whether you take the tutorial or not, the way to get the most use out of the site is to read the featured cases and attempt to brief them using the site (highlight portions of text that are important, and a menu will pop up allowing you to categorize them as facts, issue, procedure, etc.).

Once you're done with your brief, at the bottom of every 0L case is a link that allows you to turn on the comparison mode. This mode fades your notes into the background and displays the highlights and notes that we've put together for these cases. The idea is that by comparing what you've highlighted / taken notes on to what we have, you'll be able to learn to recognize the various elements of a case and prepare yourself for the start of your 1L year.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask them here or PM me.

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:33 am

Been using learnleo for the last few weeks now and it is amazing. Thanks so much for this resource.

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:03 am

Is Cobretti your section 4 rep?

Edit: I should add that my TA personally recommended this site and a non-TLSer friend of mine uses it to brief every case.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”