SMU Class of 2016 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
Holynorth

Bronze

Re: SMU Class of 2016

Post by Holynorth » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:24 pm

Last edited by Holynorth on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:48 pm

I think that's earlier than last year by almost a month. Be sure to check the section on your LWRA as that will further define your life (generally Sec. 1 will be in LWRA 1-4 and Sec. 2 will be in LWRA 5-8).

Looking at the block schedule, here are my comments:

Sec. 1
K - Crespi
Crim - Palacios
Civ Pro - Martinez
Property - Gaba
Torts - Mayo

Crespi:
I've not had the opportunity of a class with him yet, but I have sat in on his classes twice. He came to law later in life, having been an economist in the White House prior to going to law school. He doesn't believe the traditional law school method is particularly effective. As a result he mainly lectures. Further, his lectures are very structured in that he tells you what rule/doctrine he's going to discuss, he gives the black letter law, gives the history for how that came to be, gives the statutory (if any) and case law authority for the rule, and gives a hypo or two. The way law should be taught, IMO. [ETA: obviously I haven't taken his exam either, but as I understand he also tells you pretty much what will be on the exam and even provides a lot of what you'll use as your outline; while helpful, this also tightens the curve and makes the exam more about, gasp, applying the law to the facts.]

Palacios:
Also a lot of lecture, but some cold-call Socratic. Her powerpoints will be the heart of your outline, but you will want to do some cutting and you will want to be very familiar with the outline and have good tabs so that you can access the information quickly. Will ask some uncomfortable and directed questions in class, but will also allow you to opt out entirely for the portion on rape. She asks review questions at the beginning of class which you are prohibited from writing down, because this is how she quality-checks mult. choice questions for the exam. The last two years, partway through the semester she got mad, stating that she had been informed that someone had been writing them down and quit giving them. I don't know if that's true or a good stunt, but there you go. We'll see if she starts the semester with them this year. Exam was about half mult choice (many verbatim from outline) and half essay -- one essay with long pattern of facts of an ongoing crime that morphs into other crime: Who can be prosecuted and for what? Open book/notes, but nothing commercial. Be sure to print everything she puts on TWEN that's not her slides just in case there's a question about something there that's not in the book or the outline.

Sec. 2
K - Rogers
Crim - Bridge
Civ Pro - Dorsaneo
Property - Gaba
Torts - Ryan

Rogers:
Really nice guy and very approachable. Uses Socratic but in very friendly manner. Only had him half a semester and did not have his exam.

Bridge:
Old school (Socratic with stand to answer). I didn't have him so I could be corrected, but I think he let people know before the class in which they were on call.

Ryan:
Young and smart. Cold-calls students to review cases. I get the impression she was a little meaner and more sarcastic if you were wrong in the past (upper level students made comments to that effect), but for us you knew you were wrong if, during your answer, she put her hands together, squinted, tilted her head, and said "wellllllllll..." Amazingly there were some in the class who didn't pick up on that signal and would keep going. If you're answering and she says that, shift gears. You're wrong. Essays were heavy issue spotting, but nothing taken off if you spotted the wrong issues as well, as long as you got the ones she wanted. And she wanted FULL tree analysis of each issue, including multiple jurisdiction possibilities. Open book/notes, but nothing else.

Sec. 3
K - Anderson
Crim - Palacios
Civ Pro - Thornburg
Torts - DePianto

Anderson:
Lucky devils. I hadn't heard how Anderson is doing but he had oropharyngeal cancer this past spring (he'll likely, and with good reason, make a PSA for HPV vaccines). Anderson is very Socratic and if you're answering and he says something that makes you think you're wrong, DON'T CHANGE COURSE. He's just arguing the other side. Odds are pretty good that you're right and if you change course he'll poke gentle fun for not having conviction. Anderson will cold call, but only after he has given an opportunity for volunteers. If you're antsy about being cold-called, raise your hand when you are confident about the answer to a question. If you've raised your hand a few times, he will never cold-call you (with the possible exception of a call-back, e.g. if you and he had a debate during the class discussion on Peevyhouse and some other case raises issues similar to Peevyhouse, you might get a "of course Smith here doesn't think so, isn't that right Smith.")

My top Anderson Tips:
* When you get to UCC 2-207, take the time to learn it. Read it. Read the examples. Read it again. Diagram it. He'll expect it.
* Don't use your laptop for anything other than note-taking, even if it's class related; don't touch your smartphone.
* Read the examples to the UCC and Restatement. These will be exam questions in the mult. choice section
* Read Hillman (the short and easy-to-read supplement he recommends)
* Buy the Whaley Sum & Substance lectures. Anderson uses the Whaley casebook and uses the same hypos that Whaley uses. They're only about 6 hours total
* Do use commercial case briefs -- he thinks these are great tools
* Be ready for obscure mult. choice questions and inscrutable essay questions -- but remember that everyone has the same questions and the same WTF look on their face in the exam room, so don't panic
* Do complete the readings, including reading the problems in the book -- One of your classmates will be embarrassed publicly one day

Closed book mult choice/essay exam

Palacios:
See Above

Thornburg:
Lucky devils... again. What a great teacher. If you're like me, you won't have put everything about Civ Pro together until the last week or so before finals, but she delivers all the information you'll need and leaves out the unnecessary stuff. Also, she recognizes the different demands on our time and lets off the gas a little bit around the time the brief draft and final are due in the spring. Her exams are all essay (open anything except electronic or other people) and she grades by a rubric. Her curve is very fair, looking for larger gaps in raw scores in which to divide up the class. Buy her Q&A and use it. It has really good basic concepts in the earlier questions for each section and then good rule application examples in the later questions. My study group was struggling with our outline for this in the fall and then she had her review session with a powerpoint which we fleshed out.

General tip:
Get a study group together early and start outlining as you finish sections in your various classes. Schedule a time (e.g. Friday PM) that you meet every week in a library group room or an empty classroom for this purpose. Throw in some sample questions from supplements. Don't form the group right away... pay attention to who you're hanging out with to study who is studious and who is distracting.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:41 pm

I'll chime in as well, since I know most of them.

BVest wrote:Sec. 1
K - Crespi
Crim - Palacios
Civ Pro - Martinez
Property - Gaba
Torts - Mayo

Crespi:
I've not had the opportunity of a class with him yet, but I have sat in on his classes twice. He came to law later in life, having been an economist in the White House prior to going to law school. He doesn't believe the traditional law school method is particularly effective. As a result he mainly lectures. Further, his lectures are very structured in that he tells you what rule/doctrine he's going to discuss, he gives the black letter law, gives the history for how that came to be, gives the statutory (if any) and case law authority for the rule, and gives a hypo or two. The way law should be taught, IMO. [ETA: obviously I haven't taken his exam either, but as I understand he also tells you pretty much what will be on the exam and even provides a lot of what you'll use as your outline; while helpful, this also tightens the curve and makes the exam more about, gasp, applying the law to the facts.]
Crespi is a genius. Easily one of the smartest people I have ever met, and amazing at Contracts. All he does is lecture, he will maybe call on 2 or 3 people over a semester. He lays everything out and goes over. He will also provide you with a bound book that has every exam he has given and the best answer for that exam. He allows this book to be brought in to the exam, and he does re-use fact patterns. Good for you if you can spot it. However, because he gives so much material to help you study, the curve is insanely tight. 2 missed points can be the difference between an A and B+.

But I wouldn't want anyone else for Contracts. Amazing guy. Also, he will email you 163 times a month with thoughts on class, contracts, exam tips, whatever. Pretty sure he loads them up, ready to go in his email client, because my phone was dinging 45 seconds after class was out.

BVest wrote:Palacios:
Also a lot of lecture, but some cold-call Socratic. Her powerpoints will be the heart of your outline, but you will want to do some cutting and you will want to be very familiar with the outline and have good tabs so that you can access the information quickly. Will ask some uncomfortable and directed questions in class, but will also allow you to opt out entirely for the portion on rape. She asks review questions at the beginning of class which you are prohibited from writing down, because this is how she quality-checks mult. choice questions for the exam. The last two years, partway through the semester she got mad, stating that she had been informed that someone had been writing them down and quit giving them. I don't know if that's true or a good stunt, but there you go. We'll see if she starts the semester with them this year. Exam was about half mult choice (many verbatim from outline) and half essay -- one essay with long pattern of facts of an ongoing crime that morphs into other crime: Who can be prosecuted and for what? Open book/notes, but nothing commercial. Be sure to print everything she puts on TWEN that's not her slides just in case there's a question about something there that's not in the book or the outline.
Didn't have her for anything, but she's kind of nuts from what I hear. If you don't like criminal law after taking her class, take some Crim Pro classes with other professors, because you'll probably like it again after that.

Gaba:
Nice guy. Ex-hippie type, super laid back (possibly / likely because of excessive weed intake). Didn't have him for Property, but by all accounts he's not terribly difficult. His Environmental Law exam (which is Gaba's favorite subject) was direct and exactly like he said it would be, so I can't imagine his Property exam would be anything but straightforward.

Martinez:
One of the most boring lecturers I've ever had. He just reads off notes, but he says the same thing every year, so you can get a copy of the "Martinez Bible" (it's probably in the links I posted earlier) and follow him almost word-for-word. He'll ask some baseball questions at the beginning of the year, and pick out 3 or 4 favorite people to call on. Don't response to the early questions, and you'll likely never be called on in class.

BVest wrote:Sec. 2
K - Rogers
Crim - Bridge
Civ Pro - Dorsaneo
Property - Gaba
Torts - Ryan

Rogers:
Really nice guy and very approachable. Uses Socratic but in very friendly manner. Only had him half a semester and did not have his exam.
Never had him.
BVest wrote:Bridge:
Old school (Socratic with stand to answer). I didn't have him so I could be corrected, but I think he let people know before the class in which they were on call.
Bridge is a bastard, and I don't know but maybe one or two people that liked him. But his exams are super straightforward, no hiding the ball at all.
BVest wrote:Ryan:
Young and smart. Cold-calls students to review cases. I get the impression she was a little meaner and more sarcastic if you were wrong in the past (upper level students made comments to that effect), but for us you knew you were wrong if, during your answer, she put her hands together, squinted, tilted her head, and said "wellllllllll..." Amazingly there were some in the class who didn't pick up on that signal and would keep going. If you're answering and she says that, shift gears. You're wrong. Essays were heavy issue spotting, but nothing taken off if you spotted the wrong issues as well, as long as you got the ones she wanted. And she wanted FULL tree analysis of each issue, including multiple jurisdiction possibilities. Open book/notes, but nothing else.

Ryan is easily one of my top-5 favorite professors at SMU. Sweet lady, great teacher, extremely smart, and willing to help you outside of class if you need it. Be thorough on the exam, but you'll do well if you can spot issues. I have nothing but nice things to say about Ryan, and I wish I could go back and take a couple more classes with her.

BVest wrote:Sec. 3
K - Anderson
Crim - Palacios
Civ Pro - Thornburg
Torts - DePianto

Anderson:
Lucky devils. I hadn't heard how Anderson is doing but he had oropharyngeal cancer this past spring (he'll likely, and with good reason, make a PSA for HPV vaccines). Anderson is very Socratic and if you're answering and he says something that makes you think you're wrong, DON'T CHANGE COURSE. He's just arguing the other side. Odds are pretty good that you're right and if you change course he'll poke gentle fun for not having conviction. Anderson will cold call, but only after he has given an opportunity for volunteers. If you're antsy about being cold-called, raise your hand when you are confident about the answer to a question. If you've raised your hand a few times, he will never cold-call you (with the possible exception of a call-back, e.g. if you and he had a debate during the class discussion on Peevyhouse and some other case raises issues similar to Peevyhouse, you might get a "of course Smith here doesn't think so, isn't that right Smith.")

Closed book mult choice/essay exam

Never had him, but I hear really good things.
BVest wrote:Thornburg:
Lucky devils... again. What a great teacher. If you're like me, you won't have put everything about Civ Pro together until the last week or so before finals, but she delivers all the information you'll need and leaves out the unnecessary stuff. Also, she recognizes the different demands on our time and lets off the gas a little bit around the time the brief draft and final are due in the spring. Her exams are all essay (open anything except electronic or other people) and she grades by a rubric. Her curve is very fair, looking for larger gaps in raw scores in which to divide up the class. Buy her Q&A and use it. It has really good basic concepts in the earlier questions for each section and then good rule application examples in the later questions. My study group was struggling with our outline for this in the fall and then she had her review session with a powerpoint which we fleshed out.
Thornburg is also awesome. She's extremely knowledgeable about Civ Pro, but she manages to convey it in a very non-confusing way, which is quite a challenge with Civ Pro. I would also take her for Texas Procedure when you can pick your own classes. Genuinely nice person.
BVest wrote:General tip:
Get a study group together early and start outlining as you finish sections in your various classes. Schedule a time (e.g. Friday PM) that you meet every week in a library group room or an empty classroom for this purpose. Throw in some sample questions from supplements. Don't form the group right away... pay attention to who you're hanging out with to study who is studious and who is distracting.
Counter-point - I hate study groups and never got anything out of them. If you have in the past, great. But don't feel the need to be in a study group because everyone else is. Don't let the difference in the way material is presented in law school freak you out and completely change your study habits. You know what works best for you, so stick with that and don't be afraid to go ask teachers for help during office hours.

The classes I did the very best in, I visited a couple times with professors to get their take on things that were troubling me, and I also wrote out brief sample answers to exam questions and got the professor's input on the answer, if they were willing (most were). Once you get your grades back, visit with the professor again to see what you did wrong AND right. Then do more of what you did right, but have them explain why it was right so you understand.

Finally, most of the professors at SMU are really nice people. Get to know them some, visit with them, and your experience will be markedly better. Also, they can help you out a lot. I got a couple of well-paying contract research jobs just because I was friends with a professor and he got requests from local attorneys who needed help with cases. Plus, they are just nice people to know.

YYZ

Bronze

Post by YYZ » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:11 am

Bridge may no longer make you stand. We didn't have to stand in the class i had with him. The only prof that might require you to stand up to answer questions is Dorseano, unless that's changed recently. I think the people who have Bridge for Crim are lucky.

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:52 am

kalvano wrote:
BVest wrote:Ryan:

Ryan is easily one of my top-5 favorite professors at SMU. Sweet lady, great teacher, extremely smart, and willing to help you outside of class if you need it. Be thorough on the exam, but you'll do well if you can spot issues. I have nothing but nice things to say about Ryan, and I wish I could go back and take a couple more classes with her.
Just to be clear (because re-reading my post it was a bit ambiguous), Ryan was super-nice to us. I only include the bit about upper-level students' thoughts because it came as such as shock to us when we first heard it. It was nothing like our experience. She even did a mid-semester evaluation the first semester to see how things were going... perhaps she had received bad evals before and didn't want to do so again, but I can't imagine she got much in the way of negative feedback from our section. She is working on tenure, so evals do count in some small way, but I think she's just the kind of person who values doing a good job and wants to do better if she gets negative feedback. She's always very welcoming at office hours as well.
kalvano wrote:
BVest wrote:Thornburg:
Thornburg is also awesome. She's extremely knowledgeable about Civ Pro, but she manages to convey it in a very non-confusing way, which is quite a challenge with Civ Pro. I would also take her for Texas Procedure when you can pick your own classes. Genuinely nice person.
I forgot to mention RE Thornburg that she keeps the bookshelves outside her office stocked with civ pro supplements that she's received over the years which you can borrow and return. Swing by and peruse it sometime. She's also extremely helpful during "office hours" (I didn't actually know when her office hours actually are, but she was always there when I would email with a question or to set up an appointment) and willing to take questions after class until the room is needed by another class (that may be different with evening classes, I realize).

She is very much into teaching excellence and as a result is willing to try new things. In the spring, rather than spending some of the class on a review of the rule in question, she would prepare a 10-15 minute narrated powerpoint on Vimeo for us to watch before class, which allowed us to spend more class time on exercises that taught application. (The videos were also good for review later).

The one downside: The book (Glannon) is great and is not a typical casebook. More like a well-done textbook. That said, it was very poorly bound (I would conservatively estimate that 50% of the books in our section had major binding failure) and suffered from poor timing of publication to the point that the publisher had to issue a 45 page supplement which read like a federal bill ("Page 168. At note 2, delete the second paragraph. Add: [two paragraphs])." Hopefully they've got a new edition out, even if that means ours are all worthless.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Minnie259

New

Post by Minnie259 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:36 am

Section 2 here! Big thanks to all of the people posting teacher info, and outlines!

smustang

New

Post by smustang » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:32 pm

Anyone else in section 1?

MissLawLady23

New

Post by MissLawLady23 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:45 pm

If any of you are interested I have the following books for sale:

Crim Law (Kaplan): $100 obo
Texas Penal Code (WEST)$5 obo
Basic Legal Research (Sloan) $40 obo
Interactive Citation Workbook (MCGAUGH): $15 obo
Contracts (Farnsworth): $75 obo
Tort (Franklin): $40 obo

I also have a number of supplements, including ones the law school doesn't have a subscription to, if you are interested in any of these let me know via PM.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:20 pm

Hey 1L's: apparently, I never delete anything at all from Gmail. I found all of my first-semester stuff for classes, so outlines for Contracts I, Torts I, etc. It's more complete than the earlier stuff I posted. Of more importance, I'm sure, will be the complete Martinez Bible, plus canned answers to questions he asks in class (trust me, they'll work) and keyed case briefs including what he wants to know about the case if he calls on you about it.

http://sdrv.ms/19T38Cf

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Holynorth

Bronze

Post by Holynorth » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:22 am

Anyone happen to have an outline for Professor Ryan's Torts I, Bridge Criminal Law I, or Dorsaneo Crim Pro I?

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:47 pm

Check with the current 2Ls. Ryan was with Section 1 and Bridge Section 2 last year.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

swilson215

Silver

Post by swilson215 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:25 pm

Hey y'all! I just graduated and I'll be working at a law firm in Plano starting in the next few weeks, and I'm needing to hire a dog walker to come let my sweet (hyper) dog out around midday three times a week (he goes to daycare the other two days). I live RIGHT across the street from campus and it would be easy money for a law student. I was thinking that I would pay $50 a week for three 15 minute walks? So, I thought I'd offer TLS peeps first dibs. Shoot me a PM if you're interested at all! Thanks!!!

TheJanitor6203

Silver

Post by TheJanitor6203 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:30 pm

Hey 2L's, I'm a 1L with a special request. I got this Registration Bible from a 2L but it is pretty outdated. If y'all have time, could you spare a few minutes to update this?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12Sy ... sp=sharing
Last edited by TheJanitor6203 on Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TheJanitor6203

Silver

Post by TheJanitor6203 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:47 pm

I think the first link wouldn't allow you to edit so if you tried, I'm sorry. I think this one will work though.

TheJanitor6203

Silver

Post by TheJanitor6203 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:18 pm

Could anyone tell me how hard BE with Norton is and if having business knowledge going into the course is important or not?

thisiswater

Silver

Post by thisiswater » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:10 am

TheJanitor6203 wrote:Could anyone tell me how hard BE with Norton is and if having business knowledge going into the course is important or not?
I know you posted this before registration and now it's too late but I spoke to some 3Ls about Norton and they said he was a pretty easy prof but also boring. I'm taking him too because I dont have a choice

swilson215

Silver

Post by swilson215 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:26 pm

Hey...anyone living in Oak Lawn/the gayborhood that would be interested in walking my dog a few times a week? (obviously I'll pay). It was a lot easier to find someone when I was living right across from campus, but I'm moving and wanted to give this a shot before I hired some stranger/company. Send me a PM if you are.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

miy

Bronze

Post by miy » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:31 pm

Hey all, I graduated in May and am selling a ton of used books if anyone is interested. PM me what you are looking for and I'll let you know if I have it (I have like a 6 ft. stack of books :shock: ) Looking to get rid of them by next Friday- I live in the village til then.

thisiswater

Silver

Post by thisiswater » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:02 pm

Anyone have a Gaba outline they would like to share?

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:37 am

thisiswater wrote:Anyone have a Gaba outline they would like to share?
For which class? My big old "Post O'Outlines" has an A- Environmental Law outline.

TheJanitor6203

Silver

Post by TheJanitor6203 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:25 pm

TheJanitor6203 wrote:I think the first link wouldn't allow you to edit so if you tried, I'm sorry. I think this one will work though.

It would be awesome if y'all could update the google doc with info from the spring semester. Thanks.

Also, what supplements would y'all recommend for the following:

- Antitrust with Rogers
- Real Estate Transactions with Camp
- UCC with Anderson
- BE with Winship (this is his first year teaching it since any of us was born)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

thisiswater

Silver

Post by thisiswater » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:02 am

kalvano wrote:
thisiswater wrote:Anyone have a Gaba outline they would like to share?
For which class? My big old "Post O'Outlines" has an A- Environmental Law outline.
Sorry, for property

downinDtown

Bronze

Post by downinDtown » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:04 am

Hey all, I am a recent SMU graduate who is about to move and I have a ton of books that I was looking to sell at a discount--some are substantive and others are more directed to interviewing/job searching, and others still are exam prep. Price for each book bought is $10 unless otherwise noted. Bulk deals listed. Can meet to drop off at law school at mutually convenient time.

1L Substantive - $75 for the entire set (save $25)
1L - Examples & Explanations Property (3rd Edition)
1L - E&E Civil Procedure (5th Edition)
1L - E&E Criminal (4th Edition)
1L - Understanding Criminal Law by Dressler (5th Edition) (used for Palacio's class)
1L - Torts Casenote Legal Briefs (keyed to Henderson, Pearson, Kysar... 7th Edition), but many of the casebooks have most of the same seminal cases
1L - Contracts Casenote Legal Briefs (keyed to Crandall & Whaley's)
1L - Contracts Hornbook (4th Edition) by Farnsworth (used for Anderson's class)
1L - Contract Law Hornbook (2nd Edition) by Hillman (used for Anderson's class)
1L - Restatement 2d Contracts & UCC Article 2/2A (4th Edition) (used for Anderson's class - must read the Illustrations)
1L - Legal Writing -- Bluebook & Greenbook combo - $30

Upper-Level Substantive - $80 for the set (save $30)
E&E Secured Transactions (4th Edition) - Comes with my outline for Winship's class (got an A) and Secured Transactions Quick Study laminated reference guide
Glannon's Guide to Secured Transactions - Burnham
E&E Agency, P'ships, and LLCs (for Business Enterprises class) (2nd Edition)
Income Tax Hornbook (with Income Tax fold-out overview map) - $20
Federal Rules of Evidence (Rules w/ Advisory Notes) (2013 Edition)
Q&A Evidence (3rd Edition) - Leonard & Gianelli) - $20
Courtroom Evidence Handbook (2014-15 Student Edition) - Steven Goode - $30
Themis Upper-Level courses outline book for Con Law, Corporations/BE, Criminal Procedure, Evidence, and Wills/Trusts - FREE

Exam Prep - $25 for the pair (save $5)
Getting to Maybe - great exam prep resource - $20
8 Secrets of Top Exam Performance in Law School

Interviewing / Job Search - $35 for the set (save $15)
2014 Chambers Associate printed version - Student's Guide to Law Firms - $5
Guerilla Tactics for Getting the Legal Job of Your Dreams - $20
Nail Your Law Job Interview
Boost Your Interview IQ - $5
The 6P's of the Big 3 for Job-Seeking JDs

Also, I have bunches of outlines that I'd be more than willing to share. I've listed the class/grade below of classes I did well in. PM me if you'd like a copy or have questions about any classes.

Securities Regulation - Steinberg (Grade: A)
O&G Enviro - Dancy (Grade: A)
Con Law II - Bloom (Grade: A)
Counseling the Small Business Owner - Baucum (Grade: A)
Business Enterprise - Norton (Grade: A)
Income Tax - Hanna (Grade: A-)
Oil & Gas - Lowe (Grade: A-)
Intro to UCC (Secured Transactions & Commercial Paper) - Winship (Grade: A-)

TheJanitor6203

Silver

Post by TheJanitor6203 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:43 pm

Does anyone have any knowledge about taking an EW with Mayo, Kahn, or Colangelo? I'm enrolling in one of those 3 next fall but don't know which one yet.

Stevoman

Bronze

Post by Stevoman » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:17 am

I can't speak for his EW, but I had conflict of law with Colangelo. He was intense in the classroom, but an easy grader at the end.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”