Northwestern AJD Class of 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
mastermind10

New

Northwestern AJD Class of 2015

Post by mastermind10 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:09 pm

Didn't see a forum dedicated to us folks so I thought I'd set it up.

Dmini7

Silver

Re: Northwestern AJD Class of 2015

Post by Dmini7 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:17 pm

mastermind10 wrote:Didn't see a forum dedicated to us folks so I thought I'd set it up.
I think you are one of 4 or 5 who have a confirmed acceptance from TLS. I have yet to hear back(so i expect it will be a rejection), but congratulations nonetheless :)

purplepanther44

New

Post by purplepanther44 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:49 pm

Congrats...I'm really excited to have gotten in and my only hesitation to going will be potentially me being able to stay local (CA Bay Area). Otherwise it's probably my top choice.

Has anyone found any advice from current students on job prospects with this program? Seems to be just fine/comparable to 3 year programs but I'm a little nervous.

mastermind10

New

Post by mastermind10 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:56 pm

From everything I've heard and read, job prospects are as good, if not better, than the 3 year program. A lot of that is probably due to the fact that the AJD program seems to be more full of people with quality and relevant work experience. I personally have a friend who finished the AJD (in 18 months no less) and started with K&E last year. His grades were below median but he had good work experience.

fruitoftheloom

Bronze

Post by fruitoftheloom » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:36 pm

I was also accepted, and it's my #1 choice, but I am waiting for fin. aid before I commit.

Are you going to the ASW 2/21 - 22? I think I want to so I can ask some face-to-face questions of admissions. I haven't received an email about it though and there isn't much info about it on the website.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nwajd2013

New

Post by nwajd2013 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:05 pm

purplepanther44 wrote:Congrats...I'm really excited to have gotten in and my only hesitation to going will be potentially me being able to stay local (CA Bay Area). Otherwise it's probably my top choice.

Has anyone found any advice from current students on job prospects with this program? Seems to be just fine/comparable to 3 year programs but I'm a little nervous.
Hey! Congrats on getting into the program! I'm an AJD graduating this year and thought I'd chime in on your concern. I'll be heading to a big firm in SF after graduation and I have zero ties to the area, just love the city and firm. I've got a classmate heading to another firm in the city and I can think of at least 3 people from the class of 2014 that will be working in the Bay Area over the summer for big firms. Bottom line, Northwestern is a great school and firms recruit here from all over the country. If you have a tie to an area, that only makes you a stronger candidate.

If anyone else has any questions, please feel free to ask them here or pm me. I hope you all can make it to the open house next week!

- Anna

stv

New

Post by stv » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:52 am

Last edited by stv on Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fruitoftheloom

Bronze

Post by fruitoftheloom » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:00 am

stv wrote:
mastermind10 wrote:Didn't see a forum dedicated to us folks so I thought I'd set it up.
Mastermind1, can you let us know the deadline that the AJD admists have to inform the Adcom of their intentions to attend? I want to know when the Adcom starts sending out more admissions..
March 15th is the deposit deadline. The office says financial aid starts rolling out around March 1st.

curepure

New

Post by curepure » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:15 am

March 1!!!! Gonna hear about scholarship! So exciting! I think there's one ajd who already got a pretty decent amount of money couple days ago

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

spyder11

New

Post by spyder11 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:59 pm

Hey all, so far this is my top choice. I was accepted and offered a $150k scholarship over five semesters. Hope to see you all soon :)

fruitoftheloom

Bronze

Post by fruitoftheloom » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:00 pm

Paid my seat deposit. See you in May!

curepure

New

Post by curepure » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:51 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:Paid my seat deposit. See you in May!
Me too, did u go to the open house? How was it?

fruitoftheloom

Bronze

Post by fruitoftheloom » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:28 pm

curepure wrote:
fruitoftheloom wrote:Paid my seat deposit. See you in May!
Me too, did u go to the open house? How was it?
I did go to the open house. It was pretty good - free food/booze (woohoo!). I don't know that it gave me a LOT of information, but the people considering the AJD program seemed mostly cool.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

RedGiant

Post by RedGiant » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:45 pm

Any WL'd AJD's hear anything since the deadline? I am hoping very much that there's movement soon. Would love to join those of you who were already admitted!

spyder11

New

Post by spyder11 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:18 pm

I'm probably going to start looking into housing in April and I wonder if anyone in the AJD program would like to be roommates. I would definitely prefer to have one or two roommates. That way its less boring and we could probably afford a better apartment. Shoot me a PM if your interested.

Also, is there a FB group for the AJD Class of 2015?

fruitoftheloom

Bronze

Post by fruitoftheloom » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:12 pm

Yeah - there is a Facebook group, but it's really quiet.

PM me & I'll send you the link & name of the girl who's the admin.

Have you gotten anything since paying the deposit? Not sure what I should be on the lookout for. I assume we'll have to fill out paperwork to accept/decline loans..? Should I go ahead and send them my shot information & transcript?

Also - I'm not up for a roommate, but apartments in the Lakeview area seem to be significantly cheaper & are not that far from the school.

curepure

New

Post by curepure » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:13 pm

spyder11 wrote:I'm probably going to start looking into housing in April and I wonder if anyone in the AJD program would like to be roommates. I would definitely prefer to have one or two roommates. That way its less boring and we could probably afford a better apartment. Shoot me a PM if your interested.

Also, is there a FB group for the AJD Class of 2015?
I had actually already secured a room at McClurg, they had a non-deposit secure promotion. I'm flying over next week and will see some other apartments before signing a lease.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

curepure

New

Post by curepure » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:20 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:Yeah - there is a Facebook group, but it's really quiet.

PM me & I'll send you the link & name of the girl who's the admin.

Have you gotten anything since paying the deposit? Not sure what I should be on the lookout for. I assume we'll have to fill out paperwork to accept/decline loans..? Should I go ahead and send them my shot information & transcript?

Also - I'm not up for a roommate, but apartments in the Lakeview area seem to be significantly cheaper & are not that far from the school.
I believe you have to submit official transcripts(not on lsac) to register. I haven't heard much from NU lately too, I asked Zach about fin aid, he responded that he's preparing for regular JD's fin aid letters, and will have ours sent to nu email address no later than mid April.

spyder11

New

Post by spyder11 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:18 pm

Bump. Who else is excited to be starting law school in May?

paglababa

Silver

Post by paglababa » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:12 am

Hey im interested in applying to AJD program, but also hesitant because I'd like to secure the ED 50k scholarship. Anyone interested in PMing me? I'm trying to make this decision this week before I submit my application. Thanks :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”