UCLA Class of 2016 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
FromDCtoWhere

New

UCLA Class of 2016

Post by FromDCtoWhere » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:50 pm

Waiting on a decision, figured I'd start the thread!

Good luck everyone!

gfd973

New

Re: UCLA Class of 2016

Post by gfd973 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:05 pm

Checking in. They sent me the customary "your application has finished review but f*ck us if we're going to tell you our decision" email...

FromDCtoWhere

New

Post by FromDCtoWhere » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:55 am

Checking in, still waiting to hear from them, no word since submitting my app about a month ago. Hope we start hearing soon!!

laurapesz

New

Post by laurapesz » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:31 pm

In by phone today -- so excited!!! Good luck to all :)

risa

Bronze

Post by risa » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:17 am

Anyone planning to attend the March 11th Admitted Students' Day? I'll be there. Just booked a hotel Sunday night here: --LinkRemoved-- It's listed on UCLA's "recommended" list but it's got some pretty mixed (including some terrible) reviews on Trip Advisor. I hope it's not too bad! It's within walking distance of campus and only $80 including taxes so I decided to take a gamble. I am really looking forward to checking out UCLA and a bit of LA (I've never been).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mh013

New

Post by mh013 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:20 am

I go to undergrad at UCLA and just made the decision to accept my offer to go here for law school! I loved it too much to leave. Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Good Marshall

New

Post by Good Marshall » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:56 pm

risa wrote:Anyone planning to attend the March 11th Admitted Students' Day? I'll be there. Just booked a hotel Sunday night here: --LinkRemoved-- It's listed on UCLA's "recommended" list but it's got some pretty mixed (including some terrible) reviews on Trip Advisor. I hope it's not too bad! It's within walking distance of campus and only $80 including taxes so I decided to take a gamble. I am really looking forward to checking out UCLA and a bit of LA (I've never been).
I am an admitted student to UCLA Law and have lived in Los Angeles for almost three years. I am not going to the March event. Instead, I will attend the April event.

You really only need to visit the following cities and areas of Los Angeles, as the traffic congestion and law school demands will keep you pretty close to Westwood for the duration of your time at UCLA: (from West to East) Santa Monica, Century City, Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Hollywood and Downtown. Good luck. And enjoy your visit.

Good Marshall

New

Post by Good Marshall » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:58 pm

mh013 wrote:I go to undergrad at UCLA and just made the decision to accept my offer to go here for law school! I loved it too much to leave. Let me know if you guys have any questions.
Great. I am 98% sure I will accept my admission to UCLA and I hope to see you there.

risa

Bronze

Post by risa » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:52 pm

Anyone else going to the ASD tomorrow? I just finished the reading for the mock class over dinner in Westwood village. I'm dreading going back to my hotel cause its gross. Walked around campus today though and it's gorgeous!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mh013

New

Post by mh013 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:54 am

Anyone else going to the ASD tomorrow? I just finished the reading for the mock class over dinner in Westwood village. I'm dreading going back to my hotel cause its gross. Walked around campus today though and it's gorgeous!
I am!
I love UCLA, I'm just finishing up my last week of undergrad starting tomorrow =)

fallingup

Bronze

Post by fallingup » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:19 pm

Can somebody please provide a link to the admitted students' facebook page?

mh013

New

Post by mh013 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:20 pm

gertie

New

Post by gertie » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:28 pm

Checking in. Accepted last week and coming to visit April 4th-7th!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

deffoe

New

Post by deffoe » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:59 pm

So yesterday I get a personal call from Dean Schwartz:

"You were waitlisted back in January, but you never returned the WL acceptance form. Now the Epstein committee is reviewing your application. We just wanted to make sure you were still interested in UCLA and the program?"

Of course, I say yes I am, even though in the back of my mind, I'm thinking, "What? Did I really receive a WL notification and forget to send the form back?"

Now I go over my correspondence with them and have irrefutably concluded that I never received any notification whatsoever. I updated my E-mail address with them, which they confirmed; they also admit they sent it to the old (outdated) E-mail address.
Now they try to play it off like I missed it in my spam folder.

A mistake like this is understandable, given the application volume UCLA faces, but still, it doesn't feel too good. I just hope it won't count against me, seeing as how I was actually really amped about Epstein.

/ranting session to no one in particular

gertie

New

Post by gertie » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:17 pm

Is having a car necessary in LA? Any current students or prospective students that live in LA in this thread?

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:24 am

gertie wrote:Is having a car necessary in LA? Any current students or prospective students that live in LA in this thread?
If there was ever a city where a car was a necessity, it's LA.

Although, if you live in Weyburn you don't have to have a car. However, getting groceries and stuff would be a pain.

SisyphusHappy

Bronze

Post by SisyphusHappy » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:27 pm

BigZuck wrote:
gertie wrote:Is having a car necessary in LA? Any current students or prospective students that live in LA in this thread?

Although, if you live in Weyburn you don't have to have a car. However, getting groceries and stuff would be a pain.
Current student. Live in Weyburn. No car. Hasn't been a problem. Ralph's, Trader Joe's, and Target are all close by. The public transit is underrated and keeps getting better. Finding parking is a pain and I'm way more productive on a bus than I would be stuck in traffic.

YMMV.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Cali_App_333

New

Post by Cali_App_333 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:02 am

Just committed to UCLA! Officially a Double Bruin! Is applying for Weyburn done through the same website as the one for undergrad dorms? It's the only place I've found. Also, does anyone know what one's chances of getting a place in Weyburn are?

North

Gold

Post by North » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:46 pm

Here's who is currently committed to UCLA:
University of California at Los Angeles
  • • gertie
Surely there are more of you. Get ITT.

gertie

New

Post by gertie » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:45 am

I've actually decided to attend a different law school.
  • • gertie
[/quote]
Surely there are more of you. Get ITT.[/quote]

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:54 am

SisyphusHappy wrote:
BigZuck wrote:

Current student. Live in Weyburn. No car. Hasn't been a problem. Ralph's, Trader Joe's, and Target are all close by. The public transit is underrated and keeps getting better. Finding parking is a pain and I'm way more productive on a bus than I would be stuck in traffic.

YMMV.
Just wait until you have a lug a thirty pack from Ralph's to Weyburn. It sucks.

Will be withdrawing shortly, 105K back in the pot. Good luck guys!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

North

Gold

Post by North » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:22 pm

gertie wrote:I've actually decided to attend a different law school.
:roll:

crybabylamb

New

Post by crybabylamb » Wed May 01, 2013 5:23 am

Anyone know if they care about what our 2nd semester GPA is so long as we graduate? Currently working in the morning on a damn research paper (who knew both my major required classes would have a final and a term paper) and I'm really tempted to phone this semester in and aim for a B/B-.

I'm pretty sure this won't affect my acceptance or scholly, but I just want to be absolutely certain, since a quick overview of the site didn't provide any information.

AKsnow

Bronze

Post by AKsnow » Wed May 01, 2013 11:59 am

crybabylamb wrote:Anyone know if they care about what our 2nd semester GPA is so long as we graduate? Currently working in the morning on a damn research paper (who knew both my major required classes would have a final and a term paper) and I'm really tempted to phone this semester in and aim for a B/B-.

I'm pretty sure this won't affect my acceptance or scholly, but I just want to be absolutely certain, since a quick overview of the site didn't provide any information.
I would bet it would only matter if you absolutely tanked the entire semester.

bruin91

Bronze

Post by bruin91 » Tue May 07, 2013 11:55 am

Bump... Anyone going to the reception in June?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”