Cornell Class of 2016

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:06 am

gonewiththewind wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
iheartclermont wrote:Hey incoming 1Ls! I am a soon-to-be 2L currently in need of a roommate for my 2BR apt. this upcoming year as my former roommate is transferring to a different law school. The lease for the apartment runs for a year beginning Aug. 1, rent is ~$750/month + electric & internet, the apartment is located in Collegetown about a 5 minute walk from the law school (plus only one block from Chapter House), and you will get me as your roommate (clearly the best perk of all).

Additional info and pics of the specific unit can be found here: http://www.apartmentsinithaca.com/119-s ... ave-apt-2/

Please PM me so we can swap contact info if you're interested or know of anyone that might be interested.


Holy shit what a deal.


Now I want to know who this is.


Who who is, me or the other person? I have no idea who i<3clermont is.

User avatar
gonewiththewind
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:55 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby gonewiththewind » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:46 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
gonewiththewind wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
iheartclermont wrote:Hey incoming 1Ls! I am a soon-to-be 2L currently in need of a roommate for my 2BR apt. this upcoming year as my former roommate is transferring to a different law school. The lease for the apartment runs for a year beginning Aug. 1, rent is ~$750/month + electric & internet, the apartment is located in Collegetown about a 5 minute walk from the law school (plus only one block from Chapter House), and you will get me as your roommate (clearly the best perk of all).

Additional info and pics of the specific unit can be found here: http://www.apartmentsinithaca.com/119-s ... ave-apt-2/

Please PM me so we can swap contact info if you're interested or know of anyone that might be interested.


Holy shit what a deal.


Now I want to know who this is.


Who who is, me or the other person? I have no idea who i<3clermont is.


I'm pretty sure I know who you are, arbiter. I'm wondering who iheartclermont is, if only 'cause he/she/it is handing out such a sweetheart of a deal.

iheartclermont
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:22 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby iheartclermont » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:10 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
gonewiththewind wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
iheartclermont wrote:Hey incoming 1Ls! I am a soon-to-be 2L currently in need of a roommate for my 2BR apt. this upcoming year as my former roommate is transferring to a different law school. The lease for the apartment runs for a year beginning Aug. 1, rent is ~$750/month + electric & internet, the apartment is located in Collegetown about a 5 minute walk from the law school (plus only one block from Chapter House), and you will get me as your roommate (clearly the best perk of all).

Additional info and pics of the specific unit can be found here: http://www.apartmentsinithaca.com/119-s ... ave-apt-2/

Please PM me so we can swap contact info if you're interested or know of anyone that might be interested.


Holy shit what a deal.


Now I want to know who this is.


Who who is, me or the other person? I have no idea who i<3clermont is.


I'll make it easy for everyone since it's not like I have any sort of incriminating post history anyway. Hint: I'm pretty sure practically everyone could identify me by something I wear almost everyday with the word "Cornell" on it.

Oh and that apartment took a long time and a lot of luck to find. I honestly can't believe I've only gotten one reply so far (I think it just got posted to the Class of 2016 FB page).

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby Lavitz » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:11 pm

iheartclermont wrote:(I think it just got posted to the Class of 2016 FB page).

It did.

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby toothbrush » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:12 pm

Lavitz wrote:
iheartclermont wrote:(I think it just got posted to the Class of 2016 FB page).

It did.

I wonder if he solicited the admissions people or they scooped it from this thread ;O

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby Lavitz » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:14 pm

toothbrush wrote:I wonder if he solicited the admissions people or they scooped it from this thread ;O

I think he had to solicit. His Cornell e-mail was included in the fb link.

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby toothbrush » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:16 pm

Lavitz wrote:
toothbrush wrote:I wonder if he solicited the admissions people or they scooped it from this thread ;O

I think he had to solicit. His Cornell e-mail was included in the fb link.

I swear you're Sherlock. (Or you actually expanded the post on FB) :)

iheartclermont
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:22 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby iheartclermont » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:19 pm

toothbrush wrote:
Lavitz wrote:
iheartclermont wrote:(I think it just got posted to the Class of 2016 FB page).

It did.

I wonder if he solicited the admissions people or they scooped it from this thread ;O


I solicited. Thought I'd give people here the first scoop though.

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby toothbrush » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:20 pm

iheartclermont wrote:
toothbrush wrote:
Lavitz wrote:
iheartclermont wrote:(I think it just got posted to the Class of 2016 FB page).

It did.

I wonder if he solicited the admissions people or they scooped it from this thread ;O


I solicited. Thought I'd give people here the first scoop though.

That was cool of you. I would have scooped that up if I didn't sign a lease the day before :O

CR2012
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:27 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby CR2012 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:16 am

FYI, my Perkins Loan is now available. Yours might be as well.

T20hopeful89
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:26 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby T20hopeful89 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:15 am

CR2012 wrote:FYI, my Perkins Loan is now available. Yours might be as well.



how'd you find out? did you get an e-mail or just checked the link?

edit: checked the link and it works. Thanks!
Last edited by T20hopeful89 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby Lavitz » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:15 am

CR2012 wrote:FYI, my Perkins Loan is now available. Yours might be as well.

Thanks. Mine is too.

I just checked the link. Haven't gotten an e-mail yet.

User avatar
MischiefMayhemSoap
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:04 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby MischiefMayhemSoap » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:46 pm

I seem to always return to this thread when the fun talk (about coats and arbiter's love life) is over. Ugh.

Skipping fall ball/barrister's doesn't make you cool. Law school is really the last time you get to go to a high-school-like-dance and it's fun with booze and knowing everyone; might as well enjoy it. Also, the coat disaster isn't just 2013. I hear it happens every fucking year.

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby Arbiter213 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:12 pm

MischiefMayhemSoap wrote:high-school-like-dance


Yes.

MischiefMayhemSoap wrote:and it's fun


No.


... ok maybe.

User avatar
MischiefMayhemSoap
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:04 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby MischiefMayhemSoap » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:26 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
MischiefMayhemSoap wrote:and it's fun


No.


... ok maybe.


don't go with a date. skip around. more arbiter for everyone.

guinness1547
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:13 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby guinness1547 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:27 pm

MischiefMayhemSoap wrote:I seem to always return to this thread when the fun talk (about coats and arbiter's love life) is over. Ugh.



So many 0's on these loans I'm getting....

guinness1547
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:13 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby guinness1547 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:27 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
MischiefMayhemSoap wrote:high-school-like-dance


Yes.

MischiefMayhemSoap wrote:and it's fun


No.


... ok maybe.



High school, but with classmates who can hold their liquor slightly better.

User avatar
Rlabo
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:18 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby Rlabo » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:30 pm

guinness1547 wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
MischiefMayhemSoap wrote:high-school-like-dance


Yes.

MischiefMayhemSoap wrote:and it's fun


No.


... ok maybe.



High school, but with classmates who can hold their liquor slightly better.


It's funny that you guys chose high school as the description, as an alum I was talking to the other day mentioned that because of Cornell's small class size it feels "like high school, but with adults."

guinness1547
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:13 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby guinness1547 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:34 pm

Rlabo wrote:
It's funny that you guys chose high school as the description, as an alum I was talking to the other day mentioned that because of Cornell's small class size it feels "like high school, but with adults."


I've heard it described like that before. During the tour I took the guide brought it up while showing us the lockers...

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby Lavitz » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:34 pm

Fast times at Myron Taylor High.

User avatar
MischiefMayhemSoap
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:04 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby MischiefMayhemSoap » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:35 pm

Rlabo wrote:
It's funny that you guys chose high school as the description, as an alum I was talking to the other day mentioned that because of Cornell's small class size it feels "like high school, but with adults."


A lot of law schools are like that because a lot have small class sizes like us, but I think it's intensified because there isn't that much to do in Ithaca/other friends to make.

And yep, that was the cabaret theme...

jurisdiction
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:08 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby jurisdiction » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:40 pm

Rlabo wrote:
guinness1547 wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
MischiefMayhemSoap wrote:high-school-like-dance


Yes.

MischiefMayhemSoap wrote:and it's fun


No.


... ok maybe.



High school, but with classmates who can hold their liquor slightly better.


It's funny that you guys chose high school as the description, as an alum I was talking to the other day mentioned that because of Cornell's small class size it feels "like high school, but with adults."


I think a lot of people describe Cornell Law that way, at least for first year, because there are only about 200 students who you are constantly interacting with and because it is hard to meet people outside of the law school your first year. So your social and academic life sort of revolve around the same people. You will run into law students everywhere because it's a small town and because there aren't that many places to study if you aren't studying at home. There is also a lot of inter-class dating (Stockholm syndrome?).

User avatar
MischiefMayhemSoap
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:04 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby MischiefMayhemSoap » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:45 pm

Also there's a reason why Barrister's > Fall Ball. @ Fall Ball there is less of people getting shit faced and making out because people still don't know each other very well. More action @ Barrister's.

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby Arbiter213 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:46 pm

Lavitz wrote:Fast times at Myron Taylor High.


MTH = MTHS.

That was the Cabaret theme this year.

User avatar
Lincoln
Posts: 1029
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby Lincoln » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:11 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
Lavitz wrote:Fast times at Myron Taylor High.


MTH = MTHS.

That was the Cabaret theme this year.


Some people in my class designed MTHS tshirts that we were supposed to be able to buy. I wonder what happened with that.




Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest