Cornell Class of 2016

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
Volforlife
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby Volforlife » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:21 pm

Got my scholly offer today. Barring getting a good job offer or something, I'm probably going to see you all in the fall!

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby dproduct » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:34 pm

Jaqen wrote:
iMisto wrote:Ohhh, dproduct.. You are much too kind! :cry:

We can do Gay Study Buddy Nights.


Checking in.


Am about a week away from sending pics to admissions. It's getting desperate out here.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby Crowing » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:43 pm

Volforlife wrote:Got my scholly offer today. Barring getting a good job offer or something, I'm probably going to see you all in the fall!


wow that's impressive! did you have an invite to apply for a full ride?

Volforlife
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby Volforlife » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:08 pm

Crowing wrote:
Volforlife wrote:Got my scholly offer today. Barring getting a good job offer or something, I'm probably going to see you all in the fall!


wow that's impressive! did you have an invite to apply for a full ride?


I did have the Dean's Scholarship invite. Honestly, I was already pretty sure I wasn't getting the Dean's because of my gpa.

BigZuck
Posts: 10852
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby BigZuck » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:38 pm

dproduct wrote:
Jaqen wrote:
iMisto wrote:Ohhh, dproduct.. You are much too kind! :cry:

We can do Gay Study Buddy Nights.


Checking in.


Am about a week away from sending pics to admissions. It's getting desperate out here.


I loled. I really hope you get in.

guinness1547
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:13 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby guinness1547 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:27 pm

.
Last edited by guinness1547 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby Crowing » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:55 pm

Got $175 for my subsidy. I feel like this is nowhere close to the amount of money it takes to visit ASD and get back home :(

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby comeonletsgo » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:55 pm

Crowing wrote:Got $175 for my subsidy. I feel like this is nowhere close to the amount of money it takes to visit ASD and get back home :(


Yeah the cheapest flight for me is $300 + I would have to spend the night. blahhh

Volforlife
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby Volforlife » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:19 pm

comeonletsgo wrote:
Crowing wrote:Got $175 for my subsidy. I feel like this is nowhere close to the amount of money it takes to visit ASD and get back home :(


Yeah the cheapest flight for me is $300 + I would have to spend the night. blahhh


This. Also, I drove there this last summer from the southeast. Really don't want to do that again.

User avatar
iMisto
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby iMisto » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:18 pm

guinness1547 wrote:
iMisto wrote:Am I the only one SUPER excited about Cornell?? This thread needs some energy! :x

I'm excited, but I just don't know yet if Cornell is where I'll be attending next year. Once I make a final decision I'm sure I'll get more excited.

Edit: I am pretty excited about visiting though. Whenever I mention Cornell and visiting most people around my area assume it means Cornell College in Mt. Vernon, Iowa. Oddly enough a similar thing happened when I was discussing Northwestern(not Northwestern College in St. Paul, a fine institution haha).


I will not allow you to pick Ann Arbor over Ithaca.

dykstaab
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:31 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby dykstaab » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:40 pm

Hey everyone, just signed up for the April Admitted Student's Day. Looking forward to visiting and hopefully meeting some of you!

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby az21833 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:34 am

any dean scholly recepients in here?

User avatar
learntolift
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:31 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby learntolift » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:10 am

hmm idk if i want to visit in march or april yet

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby ph5354a » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:59 pm

Do we know anything about when non-Dean's Scholarship offers come in? Also, I know they need Need Access and the Cornell form, but do they need 2012 tax returns before evaluating our financial aid application or just before disbursing the aid? If they need them before even making the offer, this is going to be a really long process. Below is the language from the website. Has anyone confirmed that with them?


If you wish to be considered for institutional scholarships please submit the following:

Complete the Cornell Law School Financial Aid Information Sheet
File a FAFSA using school code 002711
File a Need Access Report
Submit a complete 2012 parent tax return
Submit a complete 2012 student tax return


ETA: On another section of the site it says:

"INSTITUTIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS
Cornell Law School awards over $4 million in institutional aid each year to new and returning students. Almost 50% of Law School students receive scholarship assistance. To be considered for institutional aid, please complete the Need Access Report at http://www.needaccess.org and Cornell Law School Financial Aid Information Sheet by March 15. "

Confused. Will email and report back!

User avatar
Arkham
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby Arkham » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:22 pm

I doubt I'll attend an ASW since I've already seen the school, but there's a good chance I'll attend the school next year. I got a Dean's Scholly, so I'd need a pretty good offer to go elsewhere.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby az21833 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:50 pm

ph5354a wrote:Do we know anything about when non-Dean's Scholarship offers come in? Also, I know they need Need Access and the Cornell form, but do they need 2012 tax returns before evaluating our financial aid application or just before disbursing the aid? If they need them before even making the offer, this is going to be a really long process. Below is the language from the website. Has anyone confirmed that with them?


If you wish to be considered for institutional scholarships please submit the following:

Complete the Cornell Law School Financial Aid Information Sheet
File a FAFSA using school code 002711
File a Need Access Report
Submit a complete 2012 parent tax return
Submit a complete 2012 student tax return


ETA: On another section of the site it says:

"INSTITUTIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS
Cornell Law School awards over $4 million in institutional aid each year to new and returning students. Almost 50% of Law School students receive scholarship assistance. To be considered for institutional aid, please complete the Need Access Report at http://www.needaccess.org and Cornell Law School Financial Aid Information Sheet by March 15. "

Confused. Will email and report back!


i provided my 2012 and my parents 2011 with a ntoe saying il provide parents 2012 in march. sent along with the questionaire

User avatar
iMisto
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby iMisto » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:38 pm

I've submitted everything... now just praying they'll make it rain $. :lol:

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby Crowing » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:45 pm

ph5354a wrote:Do we know anything about when non-Dean's Scholarship offers come in? Also, I know they need Need Access and the Cornell form, but do they need 2012 tax returns before evaluating our financial aid application or just before disbursing the aid? If they need them before even making the offer, this is going to be a really long process. Below is the language from the website. Has anyone confirmed that with them?


If you wish to be considered for institutional scholarships please submit the following:

Complete the Cornell Law School Financial Aid Information Sheet
File a FAFSA using school code 002711
File a Need Access Report
Submit a complete 2012 parent tax return
Submit a complete 2012 student tax return


ETA: On another section of the site it says:

"INSTITUTIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS
Cornell Law School awards over $4 million in institutional aid each year to new and returning students. Almost 50% of Law School students receive scholarship assistance. To be considered for institutional aid, please complete the Need Access Report at http://www.needaccess.org and Cornell Law School Financial Aid Information Sheet by March 15. "

Confused. Will email and report back!


Sounds good looking forward to the response as I'm wondering this as well.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby dproduct » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:17 am

iMisto wrote:I've submitted everything... now just praying they'll make it rain $. :lol:


I hope you get tons of money iMisto :D

User avatar
iMisto
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby iMisto » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:09 am

dproduct wrote:
iMisto wrote:I've submitted everything... now just praying they'll make it rain $. :lol:


I hope you get tons of money iMisto :D


A guurl can dream. lol

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby ph5354a » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:57 pm

So I emailed and they confirmed that they do require 2012 tax returns for student and parents (in addition to the Cornell form and Need Access). However, I think my confusion was because if you're explicitly NOT applying for need-based aid, then these things aren't required, but that doesn't apply to me.

grapefruits
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby grapefruits » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:20 pm

learntolift wrote:hmm idk if i want to visit in march or april yet


The march ASD is the same day as NYU's, if this helps.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby Crowing » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:52 pm

ph5354a wrote:So I emailed and they confirmed that they do require 2012 tax returns for student and parents (in addition to the Cornell form and Need Access). However, I think my confusion was because if you're explicitly NOT applying for need-based aid, then these things aren't required, but that doesn't apply to me.


So they are NOT required for merit aid? I thought Cornell required that stuff for merit aid consideration also which was really confusing me.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby helix23 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:42 pm

iMisto wrote:I've submitted everything... now just praying they'll make it rain $. :lol:


+1

User avatar
iMisto
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby iMisto » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:08 pm

So, I called a woman about an apartment in Ithaca today... I asked if I could see it... in March. Needless to say, she laughed and told me to call back a week before I come out. :oops:




Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest