Cornell Class of 2016

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
Iamnotworthy
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:16 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby Iamnotworthy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:48 pm

VeeD101 wrote:
I'm going to try to fly out for Thursday afternoon as well. I don't know about getting a stipend - from the lengthy form it looks like its need based and I doubt I'll qualify :( ...looks like most people are going this weekend rather than the April weekend, but those of us going then should get together for drinks one (or more) of the nights. At least the weather will be good :)


Drinks sound good. We should definitely plan something when we get closer to the day. Hopefully the people going this weekend can give us the low down on where to go.

I'm not so sure about the weather. I spoke to someone in admissions and she said it isn't any warmer in April than in March. I'm not sure I believe that though.
Last edited by Iamnotworthy on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

milanproda
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:35 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby milanproda » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:53 am

Hey guys,

Admitted Cornell student here, checking in. Does anyone have any updates on scholarships and financial aid? I submitted all of my info to Cornell this week and wanted to know how long of a wait it will be until we find out how much $, if any, we will receive.

BigZuck
Posts: 10858
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby BigZuck » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:54 am

milanproda wrote:Hey guys,

Admitted Cornell student here, checking in. Does anyone have any updates on scholarships and financial aid? I submitted all of my info to Cornell this week and wanted to know how long of a wait it will be until we find out how much $, if any, we will receive.


At this rate? Never.

Maybe late March or April.

milanproda
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:35 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby milanproda » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:00 am

BigZuck wrote:
milanproda wrote:Hey guys,

Admitted Cornell student here, checking in. Does anyone have any updates on scholarships and financial aid? I submitted all of my info to Cornell this week and wanted to know how long of a wait it will be until we find out how much $, if any, we will receive.


At this rate? Never.

Maybe late March or April.


By "this rate", do you mean that I submitted late so therefore I will have to wait or do you mean that in general it takes long to hear from Cornell (which is something I have read on TLS)?

Thanks ahead of time for advice.

BigZuck
Posts: 10858
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby BigZuck » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:06 am

milanproda wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
milanproda wrote:Hey guys,

Admitted Cornell student here, checking in. Does anyone have any updates on scholarships and financial aid? I submitted all of my info to Cornell this week and wanted to know how long of a wait it will be until we find out how much $, if any, we will receive.


At this rate? Never.

Maybe late March or April.


By "this rate", do you mean that I submitted late so therefore I will have to wait or do you mean that in general it takes long to hear from Cornell (which is something I have read on TLS)?

Thanks ahead of time for advice.


Other than the fullys and some semis no one has heard from them regarding merit aid. Sometimes I forget that they are even an option.

Btw if you are reading this Cornell: I do really like you and if you threw me some fatty cash not even the frozen hellscape of Ithaca could keep me from attending.

milanproda
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:35 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby milanproda » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:35 am

BigZuck wrote:
milanproda wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
milanproda wrote:Hey guys,

Admitted Cornell student here, checking in. Does anyone have any updates on scholarships and financial aid? I submitted all of my info to Cornell this week and wanted to know how long of a wait it will be until we find out how much $, if any, we will receive.


At this rate? Never.

Maybe late March or April.


By "this rate", do you mean that I submitted late so therefore I will have to wait or do you mean that in general it takes long to hear from Cornell (which is something I have read on TLS)?

Thanks ahead of time for advice.


Other than the fullys and some semis no one has heard from them regarding merit aid. Sometimes I forget that they are even an option.

Btw if you are reading this Cornell: I do really like you and if you threw me some fatty cash not even the frozen hellscape of Ithaca could keep me from attending.



Agreed

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby comeonletsgo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:05 pm

Currently in Ithaca if anyone wants to meet up. Send me a PM!

BigZuck
Posts: 10858
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby BigZuck » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:07 pm

comeonletsgo wrote:Currently in Ithaca if anyone wants to meet up. Send me a PM!


Is it a frozen hellscape?

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby comeonletsgo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:11 pm

BigZuck wrote:
comeonletsgo wrote:Currently in Ithaca if anyone wants to meet up. Send me a PM!


Is it a frozen hellscape?



Haha thankfully there's not much snow on the ground

User avatar
iMisto
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby iMisto » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:16 pm

Driving on 88... And it's snowing. :(

switchis32
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:35 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby switchis32 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:00 pm

comeonletsgo wrote:Who wants to go out on Friday??????


I'm down

mambar
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:11 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby mambar » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:01 pm

comeonletsgo wrote:Who wants to go out on Friday??????

Let's go #yolo

User avatar
06102016
Posts: 13466
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby 06102016 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:07 pm

..

guinness1547
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:13 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby guinness1547 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:02 pm

God help me I find this civ pro somewhat interesting.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby Lavitz » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:05 pm

guinness1547 wrote:God help me I find this civ pro somewhat interesting.

So do I, but where are you?

Misto and I have been trying to find you.

guinness1547
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:13 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby guinness1547 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:10 pm

Lavitz wrote:
guinness1547 wrote:God help me I find this civ pro somewhat interesting.

So do I, but where are you?

Misto and I have been trying to find you.


Back row, green sweater. Tls exclusive table for dinner lol.

User avatar
iMisto
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby iMisto » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:30 pm

guinness1547 wrote:
Lavitz wrote:
guinness1547 wrote:God help me I find this civ pro somewhat interesting.

So do I, but where are you?

Misto and I have been trying to find you.


Back row, green sweater. Tls exclusive table for dinner lol.


Blonde?? Don't do an exclusive table... 3L didn't enjoy our TLS Table joke at lunch... :lol:

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby comeonletsgo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:02 pm

iMisto wrote:
guinness1547 wrote:
Lavitz wrote:
guinness1547 wrote:God help me I find this civ pro somewhat interesting.

So do I, but where are you?

Misto and I have been trying to find you.


Back row, green sweater. Tls exclusive table for dinner lol.


Blonde?? Don't do an exclusive table... 3L didn't enjoy our TLS Table joke at lunch... :lol:


We are doing it!!!! :evil:

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby Lavitz » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:03 pm

iMisto wrote:Blonde?? Don't do an exclusive table... 3L didn't enjoy our TLS Table joke at lunch... :lol:

That was hilarious. :lol:

User avatar
Jaqen
Posts: 947
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby Jaqen » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:17 pm

I wish I'd been able to make it.

Y'all have a good time and come tell me all about it after!

guinness1547
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:13 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby guinness1547 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:31 pm

Great meeting you guys. If we end up being classmates it's going to be an awesome 3 years.

Edit: I know I shouldn't be so easily swayed, but the free beer and pizza hangout was really fun.
Last edited by guinness1547 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby comeonletsgo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:33 pm

Update: Lavitz loves vodka crans

User avatar
iMisto
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby iMisto » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:41 pm

It was incredibly fun getting intoxicated with you guys! I hope some TLSers decide to join me in August. :mrgreen:

User avatar
hephaestus
Posts: 2385
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:21 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby hephaestus » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:52 pm

Are you guys going out in ithaca tonight? As a 1L, a bunch of 1Ls are and I'm curious where you all are going.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Postby Lavitz » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:50 pm

ImNoScar wrote:Are you guys going out in ithaca tonight? As a 1L, a bunch of 1Ls are and I'm curious where you all are going.

We're at the Chapter House.




Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest