Cornell Class of 2016 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
MischiefMayhemSoap

Bronze

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Post by MischiefMayhemSoap » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:52 pm

BFrankBYangC wrote:but you can at least get a decent salad every day. Going to the dining hall tended to be the social highlight of my weekdays (eating and chatting with friends for an hour at lunch and dinner is nice).
^ this.

You can get the small meal plan where you have like 42 meals in a semester.

Lacepiece23

Silver

Post by Lacepiece23 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:35 pm

To all my Hughes residents this fall if you guys want to post any questions about Hughes in this thread feel free I will answer any questions you guys have. I answered a bunch of pm's earlier on, but obviously some people might not have gotten all their questioned answered. Lavitz did a great job of relaying my pm's. However, if there is any more questions that you have feel free to either pm me or just post in the thread. Can't wait to meet you all this coming fall.

hephaestus

Gold

Post by hephaestus » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:56 pm

MischiefMayhemSoap wrote:I did the worst in classes I worked the hardest for and the best in classes I didn't give a fuck about during the semester and scrambled in the last few days for.

The less fucks I gave, the better I did. Same for spring.
Kinda this.

toothbrush

Gold

Post by toothbrush » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:32 pm

Lacepiece23 wrote:To all my Hughes residents this fall if you guys want to post any questions about Hughes in this thread feel free I will answer any questions you guys have. I answered a bunch of pm's earlier on, but obviously some people might not have gotten all their questioned answered. Lavitz did a great job of relaying my pm's. However, if there is any more questions that you have feel free to either pm me or just post in the thread. Can't wait to meet you all this coming fall.
Can I start bidding on your books at Lavitz offer +$1 ?

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:34 pm

toothbrush wrote:
Lacepiece23 wrote:To all my Hughes residents this fall if you guys want to post any questions about Hughes in this thread feel free I will answer any questions you guys have. I answered a bunch of pm's earlier on, but obviously some people might not have gotten all their questioned answered. Lavitz did a great job of relaying my pm's. However, if there is any more questions that you have feel free to either pm me or just post in the thread. Can't wait to meet you all this coming fall.
Can I start bidding on your books at Lavitz offer +$1 ?
Lacepiece isn't going to betray one of his Hughes residents. 8)

(never actually made an offer)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lacepiece23

Silver

Post by Lacepiece23 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:39 pm

Haha you guys might want to wait til ur schedules come out. If I don't have ur profs my books will be worthless. Arbiter and I had the same teachers for every class. My advice is find someone like him. Preferably on law review with great highlighting and had all your teachers from last year. Buy the whole set. Skim the readings and take down the highlited portions of the text as notes. You'll thank me later.

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:18 pm

Lacepiece23 wrote:Haha you guys might want to wait til ur schedules come out. If I don't have ur profs my books will be worthless. Arbiter and I had the same teachers for every class. My advice is find someone like him. Preferably on law review with great highlighting and had all your teachers from last year. Buy the whole set. Skim the readings and take down the highlited portions of the text as notes. You'll thank me later.

8)

guinness1547

Silver

Post by guinness1547 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:25 pm

Lacepiece23 wrote:Haha you guys might want to wait til ur schedules come out. If I don't have ur profs my books will be worthless. Arbiter and I had the same teachers for every class. My advice is find someone like him. Preferably on law review with great highlighting and had all your teachers from last year. Buy the whole set. Skim the readings and take down the highlited portions of the text as notes. You'll thank me later.
If Lavitz has the wrong profs I call secondary dibs.

toothbrush

Gold

Post by toothbrush » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:49 am

guinness1547 wrote:
There's a line and it forms -> that way.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:30 am

toothbrush wrote:
guinness1547 wrote:
Now now, there's plenty of magic for everyone.

guinness1547

Silver

Post by guinness1547 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:36 am

toothbrush wrote:
guinness1547 wrote:
I'll ro sham bo you for 'em.

Lincoln

Silver

Post by Lincoln » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:32 am

Arbiter213 wrote:
toothbrush wrote:
guinness1547 wrote:
Now now, there's plenty of magic for everyone.
Cause we all know there's no way to get good grades without Arbiter's old books (which may or may not be the same edition that will be used this year).

gonewiththewind

Bronze

Post by gonewiththewind » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:47 am

Lincoln wrote:
toothbrush wrote:
guinness1547 wrote:
Cause we all know there's no way to get good grades without Arbiter's old books (which may or may not be the same edition that will be used this year).
Lol. My grades were fine and I didn't prep like Lacepiece and I didn't have an upperclassman's books. There's something nice about being the first to underline/highlight/write notes into the margins of your own books (but different strokes for different folks)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:52 am

Lincoln wrote: Cause we all know there's no way to get good grades without Arbiter's old books (which may or may not be the same edition that will be used this year).
:wink:

And for the record, I agree with gonewiththewind's comments, too.

Rlabo

Silver

Post by Rlabo » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:06 pm

sorry if this was discussed already but did we ever get a law.cornell.edu email address or just a cornell.edu?

gonewiththewind

Bronze

Post by gonewiththewind » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:07 pm

Rlabo wrote:sorry if this was discussed already but did we ever get a law.cornell.edu email address or just a cornell.edu?
cornell.edu

MischiefMayhemSoap

Bronze

Post by MischiefMayhemSoap » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:35 pm

I actually regretted not buying new books. I didn't realize how much other people's highlighting/notes would annoy/distract me.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

toothbrush

Gold

Post by toothbrush » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:53 pm

gonewiththewind wrote:
Rlabo wrote:sorry if this was discussed already but did we ever get a law.cornell.edu email address or just a cornell.edu?
cornell.edu
Do we ever get law.cornell.edu or do they not exist ? or is that what gonewiththewind is asking?

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:58 pm

toothbrush wrote:
gonewiththewind wrote:
cornell.edu
Do we ever get law.cornell.edu or do they not exist ? or is that what gonewiththewind is asking?
Even the staff and faculty don't have them, so I assume they don't exist.

MischiefMayhemSoap

Bronze

Post by MischiefMayhemSoap » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:58 pm

Alums I've emailed all have cornell.edu too.

gonewiththewind

Bronze

Post by gonewiththewind » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:02 pm

toothbrush wrote:
gonewiththewind wrote:
cornell.edu
Wasn't asking, was answering the question. There is no law.cornell.edu, just x@cornell.edu.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

toothbrush

Gold

Post by toothbrush » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:39 pm

Whats the format for the email address anyways ? I believe one that is my initials and then 3 digits (ex. "xyz123@cornell.edu ). Does that ever convert into something like john.doe@cornell.edu ?

Lincoln

Silver

Post by Lincoln » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:52 pm

toothbrush wrote:Whats the format for the email address anyways ? I believe one that is my initials and then 3 digits (ex. "xyz123@cornell.edu ). Does that ever convert into something like john.doe@cornell.edu ?
No. It's always initials plus numbers.

highopes337

New

Post by highopes337 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:10 pm

They explained it at ASD... (upperclassmen, correct me if I'm wrong)
They use your initials, and the number following your initials represents the number of times those initials have been used to create a user ID. For example, say my number is 649. 648 other people with my initials have had user IDs created for them.

Volforlife

Bronze

Post by Volforlife » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:03 pm

I withdrew officially today and have an apartment that is in need of a person. 600 sq. ft, 1 bedroom, brand new, on the commons, hardwood floors, landlords have been very cool, pet friendly, non smoking building, $1100/mo.

PM me for contact info.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”