Cornell Class of 2016 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
Lavitz

Gold

Re: Cornell Class of 2016

Post by Lavitz » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:00 pm

Okay, I updated the OP with as much as I could remember for now. Let me know if there's anything I should add.
Lincoln wrote:PS. Sorry for taking over your thread, c/o 2016. I'll mosey on back to the Q&A thread now.
No, it's fine. I find this coat discussion fascinating mildly interesting.

RetakeFrenzy

Silver

Post by RetakeFrenzy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:39 pm

Lavitz wrote:
toothbrush wrote:You should be OP though.
Done. I'll start working on it tonight.
woo hoo!

teachmehowtoraji

Bronze

Post by teachmehowtoraji » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:42 pm

Lavitz wrote:Okay, I updated the OP with as much as I could remember for now. Let me know if there's anything I should add.
Looks great, good job man.

Rlabo

Silver

Post by Rlabo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:52 pm

teachmehowtoraji wrote:
Lavitz wrote:Okay, I updated the OP with as much as I could remember for now. Let me know if there's anything I should add.
Looks great, good job man.

+1, very helpful thanks man!

LFH_intheflesh

New

Post by LFH_intheflesh » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:47 pm

Lincoln wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
Lincoln wrote:
gonewiththewind wrote:Even with the Great Coat Fiasco, where all those poor coats lay empty and forlorn on the ground while their owners pushed their way into a small room with no exit?
I didn't check my coat. Left it upstairs, and got out in 2 minutes.
Me too, though my girlfriend's coat required my entering the Barrister's Brawl.
I didn't know you had one. A girlfriend, that is, not a coat.

Question is: does she know she's his girlfriend?

Just so its not completely off topic, who wants to buy my books?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:57 pm

Rlabo wrote:
teachmehowtoraji wrote:Looks great, good job man.
+1, very helpful thanks man!
Thanks. No problem.
LFH_intheflesh wrote:Just so its not completely off topic, who wants to buy my books?
Possibly me. Waiting on section assignments though.

gonewiththewind

Bronze

Post by gonewiththewind » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:48 pm

LFH_intheflesh wrote:
Lincoln wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
Lincoln wrote:

Question is: does she know she's his girlfriend?

Just so its not completely off topic, who wants to buy my books?
Pretty sure I know who Arbiter is, which means I'm pretty sure I know who he's referring to. But I could be wrong. And Lincoln, see, that was a smart upperclassman thing to do. Us poor 1Ls had no idea that would happen and had a grand old time yelling, screaming, pushing, crying.

Sorry class of 2016 for still talking coats—just wanted to make sure you learned from our (my) mistakes.

toothbrush

Gold

Post by toothbrush » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:06 am

Lavitz, in re: to "Deadlines are not strict, but it is recommended your health forms be processed by August 9th" in the OP I just wanted to say that I got an email saying that if I didn't have my forms submitted by August 10 I'd be charged $100. Not sure if they're not strict about that but it came from the Garnett (sp) health center and not the law school itself (is that even a part of the law school?..) so maybe they will collect on that.

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:08 am

toothbrush wrote:Lavitz, in re: to "Deadlines are not strict, but it is recommended your health forms be processed by August 9th" in the OP I just wanted to say that I got an email saying that if I didn't have my forms submitted by August 10 I'd be charged $100. Not sure if they're not strict about that but it came from the Garnett (sp) health center and not the law school itself (is that even a part of the law school?..) so maybe they will collect on that.
No, it's not part of the law school. I'll beef up the language on that one.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:57 am

Lincoln wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
Lincoln wrote:
gonewiththewind wrote:Even with the Great Coat Fiasco, where all those poor coats lay empty and forlorn on the ground while their owners pushed their way into a small room with no exit?
It's been a complicated year.

guinness1547

Silver

Post by guinness1547 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:01 pm

Lavitz wrote: Possibly me. Waiting on section assignments though.

Same. Also, anyone else slightly surprised by how many people are showing up to Ithaca early?

highopes337

New

Post by highopes337 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:13 pm

I'll be arriving on the 15th...
When are you guys showing up?

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:15 pm

highopes337 wrote:I'll be arriving on the 15th...
When are you guys showing up?
I'm in Hughes so not until the 24th.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:26 pm

2nd round of voting for Class President has started. I'm still a candidate.

Please consider voting for me if you're eligible. Thank you.

iheartclermont

New

Post by iheartclermont » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:34 pm

Hey incoming 1Ls! I am a soon-to-be 2L currently in need of a roommate for my 2BR apt. this upcoming year as my former roommate is transferring to a different law school. The lease for the apartment runs for a year beginning Aug. 1, rent is ~$750/month + electric & internet, the apartment is located in Collegetown about a 5 minute walk from the law school (plus only one block from Chapter House), and you will get me as your roommate (clearly the best perk of all).

Additional info and pics of the specific unit can be found here: http://www.apartmentsinithaca.com/119-s ... ave-apt-2/

Please PM me so we can swap contact info if you're interested or know of anyone that might be interested.

toothbrush

Gold

Post by toothbrush » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Wow Cornell sure likes to waste paper with that snail mail today, huh.

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:43 pm

toothbrush wrote:Wow Cornell sure likes to waste paper with that snail mail today, huh.
They even printed out the picture from the facebook group.
iheartclermont wrote:Hey incoming 1Ls! I am a soon-to-be 2L currently in need of a roommate for my 2BR apt. this upcoming year as my former roommate is transferring to a different law school. The lease for the apartment runs for a year beginning Aug. 1, rent is ~$750/month + electric & internet, the apartment is located in Collegetown about a 5 minute walk from the law school (plus only one block from Chapter House), and you will get me as your roommate (clearly the best perk of all).

Additional info and pics of the specific unit can be found here: http://www.apartmentsinithaca.com/119-s ... ave-apt-2/

Please PM me so we can swap contact info if you're interested or know of anyone that might be interested.
This sounds like a great deal. Someone should jump on it.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

RetakeFrenzy

Silver

Post by RetakeFrenzy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:52 pm

toothbrush wrote:Wow Cornell sure likes to waste paper with that snail mail today, huh.
What did you guys get? I'm in Asia so it will take forever for me to get anything via snail mail :(

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:54 pm

RetakeFrenzy wrote:What did you guys get? I'm in Asia so it will take forever for me to get anything via snail mail :(
Did you get the e-mail with orientation information? It was the same thing in paper form, plus they printed out the ad for the rope climbing event from the fb page and put that in there too.

RetakeFrenzy

Silver

Post by RetakeFrenzy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:05 pm

Lavitz wrote:
RetakeFrenzy wrote:What did you guys get? I'm in Asia so it will take forever for me to get anything via snail mail :(
Did you get the e-mail with orientation information? It was the same thing in paper form, plus they printed out the ad for the rope climbing event from the fb page and put that in there too.
Oh... I see. Yes, I got the same information (scanned ones through e-mail).

Thanks!

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:33 pm

iheartclermont wrote:Hey incoming 1Ls! I am a soon-to-be 2L currently in need of a roommate for my 2BR apt. this upcoming year as my former roommate is transferring to a different law school. The lease for the apartment runs for a year beginning Aug. 1, rent is ~$750/month + electric & internet, the apartment is located in Collegetown about a 5 minute walk from the law school (plus only one block from Chapter House), and you will get me as your roommate (clearly the best perk of all).

Holy shit what a deal.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

CR2012

Bronze

Post by CR2012 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:52 am

guinness1547 wrote:

Same. Also, anyone else slightly surprised by how many people are showing up to Ithaca early?

Co-sign. I have to go to a wedding on the 24th, so I won't be in Ithaca until the 25th. I am going to have no friends at orientation...

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:53 am

CR2012 wrote:Co-sign. I have to go to a wedding on the 24th, so I won't be in Ithaca until the 25th. I am going to have no friends at orientation...
Don't be silly. I'll be your friend.

RetakeFrenzy

Silver

Post by RetakeFrenzy » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:21 am

CR2012 wrote:
guinness1547 wrote:

Co-sign. I have to go to a wedding on the 24th, so I won't be in Ithaca until the 25th. I am going to have no friends at orientation...
Same here..... I still need to figure out housing, visa issues, etc. so on the facebook page, I was really surprised to see so many people planning to arrive so early.

I'll also count on Lavitz :mrgreen:

gonewiththewind

Bronze

Post by gonewiththewind » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:55 am

Arbiter213 wrote:

Holy shit what a deal.
Now I want to know who this is.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”