Temple U - Beasley School of Law c/o 2016/2017 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
stressed2010

New

Re: Temple U - Beasley School of Law c/o 2016/2017

Post by stressed2010 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:17 pm

Im a 2L at temple who is on the journal so the faculty straight up lied to you. That's not a good sign. I'm appalled they are doing that. But in any case I can confirm we are publishing two more issues and then it's dead. We are not taking on any new staff members.

cgw

Bronze

Post by cgw » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:03 pm

stressed2010 wrote:Im a 2L at temple who is on the journal so the faculty straight up lied to you. That's not a good sign. I'm appalled they are doing that. But in any case I can confirm we are publishing two more issues and then it's dead. We are not taking on any new staff members.
That's disappointing. I think they were playing it up because just about everyone in my group was interested in IP. I figured people in admissions and career services just might not know about it. I hate to think they straight up lied.

magp90

Bronze

Post by magp90 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:58 pm

Does anyone who has put down their deposit know how long it take for the school to confirm that they received everything?

Keasbey

New

Post by Keasbey » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:22 pm

It took them about 3-5 business days for then to acknowledge my check and another week after that for them to deposit it. And I mailed it from center city.

magp90

Bronze

Post by magp90 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:04 pm

Keasbey wrote:It took them about 3-5 business days for then to acknowledge my check and another week after that for them to deposit it. And I mailed it from center city.
Hahaha ughhhh so slow. I wonder if they'll get my money out faster because I gave them my credit card info.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Keasbey

New

Post by Keasbey » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:17 pm

magp90 wrote:
Keasbey wrote:It took them about 3-5 business days for then to acknowledge my check and another week after that for them to deposit it. And I mailed it from center city.
Hahaha ughhhh so slow. I wonder if they'll get my money out faster because I gave them my credit card info.
I hope so. I was just kind of waiting for them to deposit it, and I kept just wanting to spend it haha

magp90

Bronze

Post by magp90 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:36 am

Keasbey wrote:
magp90 wrote:
I hope so. I was just kind of waiting for them to deposit it, and I kept just wanting to spend it haha
Oh wow, so it's been only two days and they already zapped the money out of my account and confirmed.

SO EXCITED.

REkinci

New

Post by REkinci » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:16 pm

janicesued wrote:
REkinci wrote:Just wanted to pass on some scholarship/negotiation info

Was awarded $30,000 (10 each year). Asked for more money and it was increased to $45,000 (15 each year). So it's definitely worth asking
Congrats on the cash! :)
What basis did they use to offer you this amount - was it your GPA, your LSAT, other? Did they state why they offered you what they did? (Just trying to get some more info. and a better idea of what might be coming my way). Thanks!

I just wrote to them and said I'd love to attend but it's not
Enough money - in so many words. Told them I had 3 other full scholarship offers. GPA 3.6 lsat 164. They didn't really say much - just an email back saying she was pleased to tell me that the committee allowed her to increase my scholarship award.

Sorry it took so long to answer this!

The Lucky One

New

Post by The Lucky One » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:07 pm

banana$$stand wrote:Is everyone going to all the events on the 23rd?
Probably most of them. Certainly I want to do the tour, the sample class, and the legal career info session. Hoping to get a chance to talk to someone in the financial aid office for a bit too. And I'm not much of a wine drinker, but I'm sure I'll stick around for at least part of the reception anyway.

See you guys there tomorrow!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

magp90

Bronze

Post by magp90 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:12 pm

Has anyone received anything after submitting their deposits (final financial aid package, email address, etc?)

The Lucky One

New

Post by The Lucky One » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:35 am

I haven't gotten an email address yet, though I did get a login ID for the TUportal.

Is anyone going to the event tomorrow? Even though I went to the open house, I'd like to sit in on a sample class, so I'll be there. Taking the train to see how long the walk is from the campus station to Klein Hall.

magp90

Bronze

Post by magp90 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:54 am

The Lucky One wrote:I haven't gotten an email address yet, though I did get a login ID for the TUportal.
How long after you put down your deposit did you get your log-in? I submitted all of my stuff the week before the Open House and haven't heard anything.

Lumieres

Bronze

Post by Lumieres » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:14 pm

Anyone going to the ASD on 4/15?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

The Lucky One

New

Post by The Lucky One » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:58 pm

magp90 wrote:
The Lucky One wrote:I haven't gotten an email address yet, though I did get a login ID for the TUportal.
How long after you put down your deposit did you get your log-in? I submitted all of my stuff the week before the Open House and haven't heard anything.
Pretty darn soon. I found out I was admitted January 17, sent in my deposit two or three weeks later, got the "deposit received" email February 13, and received my ID number email on the 14th. You might want to just call and make sure they received it.

magp90

Bronze

Post by magp90 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:08 am

The Lucky One wrote:
magp90 wrote:
Pretty darn soon. I found out I was admitted January 17, sent in my deposit two or three weeks later, got the "deposit received" email February 13, and received my ID number email on the 14th. You might want to just call and make sure they received it.
Yeah they sent me a confirmation that they received my deposit, but I haven't heard from them after that. I'll give them a call. Thanks!

jeffgarlin

New

Post by jeffgarlin » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:37 am

Does anyone have any reports (even anecdotal) on how the graduating class is doing employment-wise?

Lumieres

Bronze

Post by Lumieres » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:44 pm

When sending in the deposit via check, who is it made payable to?

Office of Admissions?

Temple University Beasley School of Law?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

magp90

Bronze

Post by magp90 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:53 pm

Lumieres wrote:When sending in the deposit via check, who is it made payable to?

Office of Admissions?

Temple University Beasley School of Law?
It's strange that they don't say... my guess would be Temple University Beasley School of Law... or if you want to be sure, you could fill out the card authorization form? If you're really not sure, just give them a ring.

Lumieres

Bronze

Post by Lumieres » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:58 pm

Looks like I will definitely be committing to Temple.

To all the evening students out there, since we already know that we're going to be in the same section, here's to the next four years...!

BlueBerryBus

New

Post by BlueBerryBus » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:26 am

scaredredpanda wrote:Hello, everyone! I was accepted to the evening program today! I will most likely be attending Temple (unless they don't give me any money). Is anyone else planning on going part-time?
Hey - How did you hear about the decision? Was it in status checker? Do you decide on Temple? Thanks!

Lumieres

Bronze

Post by Lumieres » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:28 am

I think panda is attending.

Should be via email and status checker first, with snail mail to follow.

Blueberry - you were waitlisted at Drexel, right? What are your stats?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

scaredredpanda

New

Post by scaredredpanda » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:04 pm

BlueBerryBus wrote:
scaredredpanda wrote:Hello, everyone! I was accepted to the evening program today! I will most likely be attending Temple (unless they don't give me any money). Is anyone else planning on going part-time?
Hey - How did you hear about the decision? Was it in status checker? Do you decide on Temple? Thanks!
I saw it on the status checker first, and then I received an email later that day or the following day. And yes, I will be attending Temple :D

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:53 pm

Hello class of 2016,

First, congrats on your decision to attend Temple. I am currently a 2L, and very happy with my decision. I've made some great friends, learned a lot, been thoroughly integrated into the legal community (despite coming from out of state), and likely even have a solid job lined up after graduation (fingers crossed).

Now, as to why I am in your forum: I have room in my apartment to rent, and would prefer to find a fellow law student, if possible. My current roommate is a 3L at Rutgers, and he's moving back to New York after graduation. His room is available July 1st, for $830, not including electric or cable. The apartment is in Old City, which a fabulous neighborhood in Philadelphia. I've listed the specifics below.

Pros:

1. Great Location in Old City. Literally everything you would need to keep yourself sane during 1L year is on your street. A Starbucks (plus another much better coffee house), a Gym, a terrific convenience store with great beer selection, Hair Salon, etc. I think there is even a masseuse if you need to relieve stress!
2. Parking is available for an additional fee. I pay for it, but my roommate did not, and he was always able to find street parking.
3. Big apartment with two levels, a good sized bedroom, large floor to ceiling windows on the first floor, and a small balcony.
4. The place is fully furnished. We even have some terrific high end art on loan from a local artist (we couldn't afford it on our own).
5. I'm very easy to live with. I keep the common areas neat, I'm happy to give you a ride to campus whenever I can, and I can sleep through a lot of noise.
6. Cats are allowed. I don't have one. I'd prefer you didn't either, but I guess I'm open to the idea.

Cons:

1. Bathroom needs updating.
2. To get to Temple, you do have to transfer at Broad Street. My location is actually more convenient for Rutgers and Penn students, but I drive to school everyday, and it takes me about 10-15 minutes. Via subway, you're probably looking at around 25 minutes. I know a lot of students in the area, and most of them take the train without complaint.

About Me:

Rising 3L guy from New York. Non-smoker. In my spare time I hangout with my friends/gf, golf quite a bit, workout/run, try new bars/restaurants, etc.

I think that's about it. Send me a PM if you're interested in learning more. Also, if you have any questions about the Temple experience, please do not hesitate to ask.

camerachick

New

Post by camerachick » Thu May 02, 2013 1:34 am

I got in last week!!! I LOVE TEMPLE!<3 :P :oops: :D :) :lol:

BlueBerryBus

New

Post by BlueBerryBus » Fri May 03, 2013 9:30 am

camerachick wrote:I got in last week!!! I LOVE TEMPLE!<3 :P :oops: :D :) :lol:
Congrats on your acceptance! Are you in the day or evening division? What were your complete dates? Thanks!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”