Chicago Law Class of 2016

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby elterrible78 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:52 pm

kappycaft1 wrote:
beepboopbeep wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:Happy Easter everyone!!!! I hope you all have a great holiday with your families. Take a nice break from your supplements.
People who have time to post these comments on TLS need to grow up and realize being an adult means working all the time. If you're having fun in law school you need to reconsider your maturity level.
I know, right? I totally stopped being friends with this one guy this week because he flew to be with his family over the weekend. I didn't want his immaturity to rub off on me (or my grades).


That guy sounds completely immature and irresponsible. How he doesn't realize the importance of 24/7 studying in order to do well in law school is beyond me. The only possible path to success is study, study, sleep, and study. Hope that sucker enjoys shitlaw, he'll have plenty of time to spend with his family between chasing ambulances and moonlighting at Sonic. These people have to grow up, for real.

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby 20141023 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:59 pm

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby Theopliske8711 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:32 pm

Hey guys. I was waitlisted at Chicago this year after being interviewed. I just sent in a LOCI and am now waiting for a response. Are there people here who were accepted off the waitlist, and does anyone know the acceptance rate for those already interviewed?

User avatar
beepboopbeep
Posts: 1230
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby beepboopbeep » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:33 pm

Theopliske8711 wrote:Hey guys. I was waitlisted at Chicago this year after being interviewed. I just sent in a LOCI and am now waiting for a response. Are there people here who were accepted off the waitlist, and does anyone know the acceptance rate for those already interviewed?


I was a waitlist admit last year, but didn't have an interview first. Not sure on the rates - could see it going either way (either better if you had an interview and got WL'ed, or worse). I believe the other dude who was accepted same day I was was also a non-interview waitlist, FWIW.

User avatar
Jaqen
Posts: 949
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby Jaqen » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:21 am

I was interviewed in February, waitlisted in March, and accepted in June.

I have no idea about rates or anything unfortunately.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby WhiteyCakes » Sun May 25, 2014 1:14 pm

Never before have I hated 2Ls and 3Ls so much than when I keep seeing them finish up their finals this weekend

User avatar
beepboopbeep
Posts: 1230
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby beepboopbeep » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:45 pm

Who are these aspie fucks who email DG every quarter to ask when grades are going to be released? It's listed on the damn calendar.

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby Mal Reynolds » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:53 pm

They need to be focusing on their jobs and write on. If I hear about one fucking law student going on Fourth of July vacation with their families I'm gonna lose it. You need to learn to detach from your families. OCI is coming they need to be researching firms when everyone else is sipping beers on the lake shore. Every day that passes is another day you could be networking with attorneys.

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby elterrible78 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:56 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:They need to be focusing on their jobs and write on. If I hear about one fucking law student going on Fourth of July vacation with their families I'm gonna lose it. You need to learn to detach from your families. OCI is coming they need to be researching firms when everyone else is sipping beers on the lake shore. Every day that passes is another day you could be networking with attorneys.


LOL

User avatar
JuniperCreekEsq
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:17 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby JuniperCreekEsq » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:31 pm

Hi All. Transfer student checking into the group.

Would very much appreciate HP apartment building recommendations.

Thanks!!!

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby 20141023 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:33 pm

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JuniperCreekEsq
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:17 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby JuniperCreekEsq » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:24 am

Thanks! Happy to be here :wink:

Looking for a 1BR for under $2,500. I don't wish to spend more than necessary. I'm coming from NYC, so I realize (with pleasant surprise) that I may not need to come even close to that number.

Edit: I'd like to be as close to the law school/main campus area as possible. Even Regents (crazy how much I've learned already) is outside of my target area atm.
Last edited by JuniperCreekEsq on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby Mal Reynolds » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:25 am

JuniperCreekEsq wrote:Thanks! Happy to be here :wink:

Looking for a 1BR for under $2,500. I don't wish to spend more than necessary. I'm coming from NYC, so I realize (with pleasant surprise) that I may not need to come even close to that number.


LOL that would be quite the apartment.

User avatar
JuniperCreekEsq
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:17 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby JuniperCreekEsq » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:30 am

haha yeah... I figured as much. It's what I'm paying to be in NYC and I have no doubt that now I'll be able to pay much less.

Anyway, that's the answer to kappycaft1's Q.

WheninLaw
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:35 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby WheninLaw » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:19 am

JuniperCreekEsq wrote:haha yeah... I figured as much. It's what I'm paying to be in NYC and I have no doubt that now I'll be able to pay much less.

Anyway, that's the answer to kappycaft1's Q.


First off, you shouldn't live in HP. Why on earth would you do that to yourself?

Second, LOL at $2500. You could get a 3BR for that and still have enough left over for booze.

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby 20141023 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:35 am

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JuniperCreekEsq
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:17 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby JuniperCreekEsq » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:14 pm

kappycaft1 wrote:Hmmmm... Regents & Shoreland are definitely within walking distance of the school (lots of us make the trip regularly), and buses literally pick you up and drop you off right in front of both.

However, if you're looking to live in a decent place extremely close to school (like within 5~10 minutes walking distance), I'd recommend looking for a reformed apartment building. There are some really nice places around campus, but I don't know the names of any one place because they appear to be available randomly whenever someone moves out.


Thanks! I may throw in the towel and do Regents, which seems like the no-brainer option.

By the way, do you know when course registration begins? Transfer students haven't gotten that info yet and I'm curious.

User avatar
beepboopbeep
Posts: 1230
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby beepboopbeep » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:49 pm

JuniperCreekEsq wrote:
kappycaft1 wrote:Hmmmm... Regents & Shoreland are definitely within walking distance of the school (lots of us make the trip regularly), and buses literally pick you up and drop you off right in front of both.

However, if you're looking to live in a decent place extremely close to school (like within 5~10 minutes walking distance), I'd recommend looking for a reformed apartment building. There are some really nice places around campus, but I don't know the names of any one place because they appear to be available randomly whenever someone moves out.


Thanks! I may throw in the towel and do Regents, which seems like the no-brainer option.

By the way, do you know when course registration begins? Transfer students haven't gotten that info yet and I'm curious.


I dunno if they've given us that info either. Probably someone who pays more attention to this stuff knows. But I think mostly everyone's worrying about OCI at the moment.

User avatar
JuniperCreekEsq
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:17 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby JuniperCreekEsq » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:59 am

If I bid a clinic at #1, am I "doing it wrong"? Grateful for any tips as I'm sure my fellow transfer classmates are as well.

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby Mal Reynolds » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:11 pm

Might wanna ask that in the main questions thread. This is the first time we've bid for classes too.

User avatar
JuniperCreekEsq
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:17 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby JuniperCreekEsq » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:15 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:Might wanna ask that in the main questions thread. This is the first time we've bid for classes too.


Thanks. I thought you all had bid for last spring.

Main questions thread = TLS Class of 2016 Forum?

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby Mal Reynolds » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:16 pm


User avatar
JuniperCreekEsq
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:17 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby JuniperCreekEsq » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:25 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=140165


thanks

User avatar
beepboopbeep
Posts: 1230
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby beepboopbeep » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:57 pm

Yo fuck journals, that's all I've got to say

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby 20141023 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:01 pm

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest