Chicago Law Class of 2016

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby 20141023 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:50 pm

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kthoma23
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby kthoma23 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:29 pm

Anyone one else moving into Regents on Sept 1st? And are there others still waiting to hear back about Patino?

User avatar
PopTorts13
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby PopTorts13 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:44 pm

kthoma23 wrote:Anyone one else moving into Regents on Sept 1st? And are there others still waiting to hear back about Patino?


Already here and I received a Patino rejection e-mail weeks ago.

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby 20141023 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:52 pm

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kthoma23
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby kthoma23 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:59 pm

PopTorts13 wrote:
kthoma23 wrote:Anyone one else moving into Regents on Sept 1st? And are there others still waiting to hear back about Patino?


Already here and I received a Patino rejection e-mail weeks ago.


Oh sorry to hear that. I am still waiting to hear back and I am not really sure what to expect. Oh well I suppose I didn't think that so many of us would be moving into the area this early. I look forward to meeting you all in person.

carbonara
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby carbonara » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:24 am

WhiteyCakes wrote:Tuition bill is now available to view...that was a cold reminder of how much debt I'm taking on :(


Where are you seeing this online? I looked at the my.uchicago.edu finances site, but it still didn't indicate any bill. Thanks.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:42 am

carbonara wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:Tuition bill is now available to view...that was a cold reminder of how much debt I'm taking on :(


Where are you seeing this online? I looked at the my.uchicago.edu finances site, but it still didn't indicate any bill. Thanks.


You may hAve to manually sign up for e-bill. Look in the finances tab for that

carbonara
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby carbonara » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:21 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:
carbonara wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:Tuition bill is now available to view...that was a cold reminder of how much debt I'm taking on :(


Where are you seeing this online? I looked at the my.uchicago.edu finances site, but it still didn't indicate any bill. Thanks.


You may hAve to manually sign up for e-bill. Look in the finances tab for that


Works like a charm. Thanks!

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby Rahviveh » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:23 pm

Guys, do we get any free channels in Regents?

User avatar
BigDreamer
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:03 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby BigDreamer » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:39 pm

My lease starts next week but I'm delayed until the 17th :( Anyone know any cheap but decent furniture stores for bed, desk, & chair that will deliver & assemble without me going in (knocks ikea out). I'm no good at assembly :roll: .

jsjd1989
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:16 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby jsjd1989 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:46 pm

excited for orientation to start everyone! anyone start ordering books? I know we haven't gotten section numbers yet, but some books are the same for both professors. I'm trying to figure out if I should wait to see if I can get used books from rising 2Ls or start ordering on amazon.

User avatar
beepboopbeep
Posts: 1230
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby beepboopbeep » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:06 pm

For anyone who's picked up their ID already, do we have Ratner privileges yet? Or not until orientation?

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby Crowing » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:47 pm

beepboopbeep wrote:For anyone who's picked up their ID already, do we have Ratner privileges yet? Or not until orientation?


Where did you go to get your ID, and did you have to bring anything?

User avatar
beepboopbeep
Posts: 1230
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby beepboopbeep » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:36 pm

Crowing wrote:
beepboopbeep wrote:For anyone who's picked up their ID already, do we have Ratner privileges yet? Or not until orientation?


Where did you go to get your ID, and did you have to bring anything?


I haven't yet, but you should be able to get it at the ID office in the front of the reg. It's just to the left of the turnstile things when you go in from the front. Though I haven't been there in a while - someone who's done it this summer please correct me if anything's changed.

Probably just your driver's license.

User avatar
PopTorts13
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby PopTorts13 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:46 pm

beepboopbeep wrote:
Crowing wrote:
beepboopbeep wrote:For anyone who's picked up their ID already, do we have Ratner privileges yet? Or not until orientation?


Where did you go to get your ID, and did you have to bring anything?


I haven't yet, but you should be able to get it at the ID office in the front of the reg. It's just to the left of the turnstile things when you go in from the front. Though I haven't been there in a while - someone who's done it this summer please correct me if anything's changed.

Probably just your driver's license.


Yea, it was simple and fast. If you bring an I.D. they will look you up in the data base and it literally took no more than 3 min. Really nice people.

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby 20141023 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:39 pm

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PopTorts13
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby PopTorts13 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:53 pm

kappycaft1 wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:Guys, do we get any free channels in Regents?

Yes... you get the basic cable channels (there's like 10~16 or so of them). I ended up not even bothering with the TV though because the channels were all really fuzzy in my apartment (which apparently isn't normal from what others on here have said about their TV quality at Regents).


Somehow, we have 6 or so HD channels in only our bedroom and we are not paying any additional fees... Yes, I am bragging.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby WhiteyCakes » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:31 am

jsjd1989 wrote:excited for orientation to start everyone! anyone start ordering books? I know we haven't gotten section numbers yet, but some books are the same for both professors. I'm trying to figure out if I should wait to see if I can get used books from rising 2Ls or start ordering on amazon.


Where are you seeing anything about books?

jsjd1989
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:16 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby jsjd1989 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:17 am

WhiteyCakes wrote:
jsjd1989 wrote:excited for orientation to start everyone! anyone start ordering books? I know we haven't gotten section numbers yet, but some books are the same for both professors. I'm trying to figure out if I should wait to see if I can get used books from rising 2Ls or start ordering on amazon.


Where are you seeing anything about books?



https://classes.uchicago.edu

For example, if you write "Torts" into the box, you will see both Levmore and Henderson. You can click on the class and then on Barnes and Noble and it brings up the book list. They have the same book. I'm pretty sure it is for this quarter because if you look up at the top of the screen on the first page, it says "Autumn 2013." Please correct me if I am wrong though - would be really annoying if I bought all the wrong books! ha!

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby Mal Reynolds » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:27 am

Why not just wait then.

User avatar
Xifeng
Posts: 2562
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby Xifeng » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:17 am

It's really easy to buy books from 2Ls and 3Ls, unless it's a new edition obviously. I would just wait.

Also, the library has a couple casebooks for each class on reserve that you can check out for two hours at a time if it takes a while for your casebook to get there from Amazon or wherever.

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby 20141023 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:00 am

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby Crowing » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:41 am

kappycaft1 wrote:Hey y'all, we (elterrible78 / LSATSCORES2012 / kappycaft1) are gonna be eatin' some fine Southern home cookin' tomorrow night (8/31) at 7:00pm for anyone who wants to join.

... and by fine Southern home cookin', I mean Rajun Cajun. :D

... and here is a link to Google maps for those of you who don't know where it is located.


I've walked by there a few times and am really interested in trying it out. SO can't take spicy food at all though (I mean not even like BW3 honey bbq wings). I'd be up for joining you guys tomorrow but we have guests for the holiday weekend. LMK how good it is.

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby 20141023 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:53 am

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snuffles1
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:39 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby Snuffles1 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:05 am

Yeah, it *was* slotted to close -- the University is clearing out tenants from that building -- and when we went there to grab a "goodbye dinner" in late June the owner confirmed that they were leaving, but didn't have a date. (He did also tell us that he'd like to stay somewhere in HP if they can find space... and no wonder, they've done great.)




Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest