Chicago Law Class of 2016

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby Crowing » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:12 pm

Moving in mid-August, near but (thankfully?) not in Regents

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby 20141023 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:29 pm

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

canarykb
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:56 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby canarykb » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:59 pm

kappycaft1 wrote:
canarykb wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:
cwid1391 wrote:Is anyone else not moving until September? I didn't realize so many people would be moving in so early.


I'm moving first week of September, or thereabouts.


I'll be there first week of September, moving into (the apparently roach-and-spider infested) Regents.

FTFY :wink:


Well my roommate is currently keeping the gigantic wolf spider she found in our basement in a jar in our living room, so spiders I'm used to.

Snuffles1
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:39 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby Snuffles1 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:39 pm

kappycaft1 wrote:We should try to set something up for those of us who are already in town. :D


If this is still of interest, I could host a BYOB (we'll provide snacks) next week for those who are already in town. We live in Hyde Park. We could do next Saturday (the 27th), say 8ish.

PM me by the end of this weekend if you're interested. I'll post/email afterwards if there's enough interest.

User avatar
LSATSCORES2012
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:44 pm

Snuffles1 wrote:
kappycaft1 wrote:We should try to set something up for those of us who are already in town. :D


If this is still of interest, I could host a BYOB (we'll provide snacks) next week for those who are already in town. We live in Hyde Park. We could do next Saturday (the 27th), say 8ish.

PM me by the end of this weekend if you're interested. I'll post/email afterwards if there's enough interest.

I'm actually going to this concert thing on the 27th. Would the 26th work? If not, that's totally fine, of course. I'd bet that whatever day we pick someone won't be able to make it, so might as well be me :D

User avatar
beepboopbeep
Posts: 1230
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby beepboopbeep » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:24 pm

LSATSCORES2012 wrote:
Snuffles1 wrote:
kappycaft1 wrote:We should try to set something up for those of us who are already in town. :D


If this is still of interest, I could host a BYOB (we'll provide snacks) next week for those who are already in town. We live in Hyde Park. We could do next Saturday (the 27th), say 8ish.

PM me by the end of this weekend if you're interested. I'll post/email afterwards if there's enough interest.

I'm actually going to this concert thing on the 27th. Would the 26th work? If not, that's totally fine, of course. I'd bet that whatever day we pick someone won't be able to make it, so might as well be me :D


I'm down either way!

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby 20141023 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:11 am

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby WhiteyCakes » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:44 am

Snuffles1 wrote:
kappycaft1 wrote:We should try to set something up for those of us who are already in town. :D


If this is still of interest, I could host a BYOB (we'll provide snacks) next week for those who are already in town. We live in Hyde Park. We could do next Saturday (the 27th), say 8ish.

PM me by the end of this weekend if you're interested. I'll post/email afterwards if there's enough interest.


I think I could make that

User avatar
keval81
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:42 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby keval81 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:56 pm

This is probably late, and I'm planning on posting in the fb group too, but anyone still looking for a roommate in regents or algonquin, or anywhere? I just got back to the US after about 4 months of travel (hence the delay in signing a lease), and am looking to move in at the end of August. Message me if you're interested. I'm a dude btw lol.

User avatar
cwid1391
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby cwid1391 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:41 am

I love this statement in Regents' lease:

To that end, Regents Park makes use of a program that encourages the responsible usage of utilities by sharing and allocating the property’s actual energy expense among the community’s residents.


How, in anyone's imagination, is sharing an allocation of anything the most effective way to encourage responsibility for individual energy usage? If anything it encourages overuse.

Edit: Also, in the lease it states that the concession is $1100 (11-month lease) based on the student discount. I assume that it is even applied to the rent every month, but it doesn't explicitly state that. Anyone who's already moved in care to share?

ringo
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:25 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby ringo » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:30 am

Yes, the concession is $100 per month.

And yes, the idea that sharing the cost of heating encourages efficient consumption is laughable. Your bill will just be $70 very month, regardless of personal usage.

User avatar
PopTorts13
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby PopTorts13 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:37 am

ringo wrote:Yes, the concession is $100 per month.

And yes, the idea that sharing the cost of heating encourages efficient consumption is laughable. Your bill will just be $70 very month, regardless of personal usage.


Correct, though the lease states that concession will be applied by the latest at the end of your lease term...they take the liberty of giving you the concession on a monthly basis despite it not stating such anywhere on the lease...one of the rare instances they will give one the benefit of the doubt on one's lease.

User avatar
cwid1391
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby cwid1391 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:58 am

Is Renter's insurance actually required at Regents? Every apartment I've ever lived in has "required" it, but has never checked.

User avatar
PopTorts13
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby PopTorts13 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:03 pm

cwid1391 wrote:Is Renter's insurance actually required at Regents? Every apartment I've ever lived in has "required" it, but has never checked.


Yes. If you do not have proof of such, they will not allow you to move in.

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby elterrible78 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:24 pm

PopTorts13 wrote:
cwid1391 wrote:Is Renter's insurance actually required at Regents? Every apartment I've ever lived in has "required" it, but has never checked.


Yes. If you do not have proof of such, they will not allow you to move in.


I know of at least one exception to this.

User avatar
PopTorts13
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby PopTorts13 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:39 pm

elterrible78 wrote:
PopTorts13 wrote:
cwid1391 wrote:Is Renter's insurance actually required at Regents? Every apartment I've ever lived in has "required" it, but has never checked.


Yes. If you do not have proof of such, they will not allow you to move in.


I know of at least one exception to this.


An inconsistency... typical of Regents.

WheninLaw
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:35 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby WheninLaw » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:57 pm

cwid1391 wrote:Is Renter's insurance actually required at Regents? Every apartment I've ever lived in has "required" it, but has never checked.


It's not. They will let you move in. I blew them off the one time they asked.

User avatar
PopTorts13
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby PopTorts13 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:20 pm

WheninLaw wrote:
cwid1391 wrote:Is Renter's insurance actually required at Regents? Every apartment I've ever lived in has "required" it, but has never checked.


It's not. They will let you move in. I blew them off the one time they asked.


I can only speak for my personal experience, as others have. They did not allow me to move in and I had to call my insurance company to have them fax a form. There is a section in your lease that requires you to provide written proof of your insurance plan as well. Perhaps they are recently enforcing this? I moved in at the start of this month for what ever it is worth too. You wouldn't want it to come back and bite you when it is time to move in and they have you jump through the hoops... ooooor just roll the dice my man 8)

RodneyRuxin
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:08 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby RodneyRuxin » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:30 pm

loving all the regents hate in here


(I signed up for a second year..........sigh)

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby 2014 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:45 pm

They didn't ask us last year but we got it.

Snuffles1
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:39 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby Snuffles1 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:37 pm

Ok, so far I have kappycaft1, Beep, Whitey, and LSATSCORE down for our get-together. Questions:

(1) am I missing anyone? The more the merrier!

(2) would those who've responded be ok with Friday the 26th (still 8ish) instead of Saturday, so that we can all make it? We're ok with either.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby WhiteyCakes » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:03 am

Snuffles1 wrote:Ok, so far I have kappycaft1, Beep, Whitey, and LSATSCORE down for our get-together. Questions:

(1) am I missing anyone? The more the merrier!

(2) would those who've responded be ok with Friday the 26th (still 8ish) instead of Saturday, so that we can all make it? We're ok with either.



I'm in

User avatar
beepboopbeep
Posts: 1230
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby beepboopbeep » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:47 am

Snuffles1 wrote:Ok, so far I have kappycaft1, Beep, Whitey, and LSATSCORE down for our get-together. Questions:

(1) am I missing anyone? The more the merrier!

(2) would those who've responded be ok with Friday the 26th (still 8ish) instead of Saturday, so that we can all make it? We're ok with either.


Works for me!

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby 20141023 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:33 pm

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snuffles1
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:39 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2016

Postby Snuffles1 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:53 pm

All right. Since Friday was the day LSATSCORE requested, and the others are ok with it, we'll move it to Friday the 26th @ 8pm. I'll PM folks with my address/phone # (I'm not in Regents). If you didn't respond and will be able to join us, PM me and I'll send you the info as well.

Looking forward to it!




Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest