Georgetown 2016

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
Bfalcon

Re: Georgetown 2016

Postby Bfalcon » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:54 am

Just got an apt with my roommate in NOMA! Super excited about it. He'll be moving in early august, and I'm thinking mid august will be my date to get down there, depending on some travel plans.

CourCour

Postby CourCour » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:28 am

Rory19 wrote:
CourCour wrote:Do you Rory perhaps have a beautiful black dog named Rory? If so, I'd be happy to walk her.

I've been outed--lol. She's pretty adorable and happens to be the friendliest dog ever.

I am glad there will be other 1Ls in Noma too. It seems like a really reasonable distance but for events like our TLS meet-up I may be in need of a buddy!

She looks a lot like my dog Abby. She was an australian shepard, black lab mix.

justonemoregame

Postby justonemoregame » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:28 pm

Are we going to get something in our Lawmail inbox any time soon? I want some law mails.

just making sure no one else is getting anything

abadname13

Postby abadname13 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:13 pm

I am surprised this hasn't been reposted yet. Here's the Google Doc someone made so we can find our roommates.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mx4UpDjjGNbcCqA8Ag7ubjigXON-lkMLyWoX6tZCSAg/edit?usp=sharing

Psib337

Postby Psib337 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:19 pm

justonemoregame wrote:Are we going to get something in our Lawmail inbox any time soon? I want some law mails.

Other than e-mails from Gmail and one from the school (just about adding the law.georgetown.edu) I haven't gotten anything. Maybe once we get our sections they'll send those there!

Bfalcon

Postby Bfalcon » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:33 am

Psib337 wrote:
justonemoregame wrote:Are we going to get something in our Lawmail inbox any time soon? I want some law mails.

Other than e-mails from Gmail and one from the school (just about adding the law.georgetown.edu) I haven't gotten anything. Maybe once we get our sections they'll send those there!

I should probably start tracking that eh. Last I checked (was several days ago), I haven't received any correspondence. Sad face.

Rlabo

Postby Rlabo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:15 am

Bfalcon wrote:
Psib337 wrote:

I should probably start tracking that eh. Last I checked (was several days ago), I haven't received any correspondence. Sad face.

Already added a mailbox to my phone so I could freak out friends when i sent them mail from gtown address. :lol:

danielr

Postby danielr » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:19 pm

Since we're all speaking about housing at the moment, I just got back from a whirlwind trip to DC in search of a decent place and I came across a few nice pads at decent prices that people may be interested in. For my part, I didn't take a few places for personal reasons--i.e., I will be moving with my girlfriend, and we have a two-year-old beagle with us, need more space, etc.

I don't want to spam this thread, so if anyone is interested I'll put the relative location and price below, and people can PM me for more details and/or a link to craigslist or the landlord's information.

--Columbia Heights English basement, 2 blocks from Metro; $1650 all utilities--even internet--included. Landlord is young and friendly.
--Adams Morgan English basement, less than a mile from Woodley Metro and exactly 1 mile from Dupont; $2150 all utilities included (internet and satellite).
--Bloomingdale english basement, about 1 mile from Shaw Metro; $1400 all utilities included.

I only post this because I was able to actually see most of these places, so if anyone was feeling nervous about securing a decent place soon, I would be able to provide detail based on my experience visiting.

If no one is interested, no big deal. I'm sure these places will get filled soon enough. The market moves incredibly fast.

Bfalcon

Postby Bfalcon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:00 pm

danielr wrote:Since we're all speaking about housing at the moment, I just got back from a whirlwind trip to DC in search of a decent place and I came across a few nice pads at decent prices that people may be interested in. For my part, I didn't take a few places for personal reasons--i.e., I will be moving with my girlfriend, and we have a two-year-old beagle with us, need more space, etc.

I don't want to spam this thread, so if anyone is interested I'll put the relative location and price below, and people can PM me for more details and/or a link to craigslist or the landlord's information.

--Columbia Heights English basement, 2 blocks from Metro; $1650 all utilities--even internet--included. Landlord is young and friendly.
--Adams Morgan English basement, less than a mile from Woodley Metro and exactly 1 mile from Dupont; $2150 all utilities included (internet and satellite).
--Bloomingdale english basement, about 1 mile from Shaw Metro; $1400 all utilities included.

I only post this because I was able to actually see most of these places, so if anyone was feeling nervous about securing a decent place soon, I would be able to provide detail based on my experience visiting.

If no one is interested, no big deal. I'm sure these places will get filled soon enough. The market moves incredibly fast.

+1 on the market moving quickly. For anyone who isn't living in DC right now and will be living off-campus, this is super helpful of danielr!
ps, dibs on walking the Beagle haha

danielr

Postby danielr » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:32 pm

Bfalcon wrote:
danielr wrote:Since we're all speaking about housing at the moment, I just got back from a whirlwind trip to DC in search of a decent place and I came across a few nice pads at decent prices that people may be interested in. For my part, I didn't take a few places for personal reasons--i.e., I will be moving with my girlfriend, and we have a two-year-old beagle with us, need more space, etc.

+1 on the market moving quickly. For anyone who isn't living in DC right now and will be living off-campus, this is super helpful of danielr!
ps, dibs on walking the Beagle haha

Dude, seriously, if anyone wants to walk Bernie (the beagle) I will gladly offer the keys to my place to go get him if I can't. He would love the stimulation, and he is a great buddy. Not the best walker, because his overriding instinct is to sniff things out, chase rabbits and squirrels, and sometimes dig, but he is definitely fun to be around.

When we are all at Georgetown, make it a point to contact me and find out who I am, you know, in real life. I would love to let people play with Mr. B (an affectionate nickname), walk him, or even to find other people with dogs who have a fenced-in space for the dogs to play together. He has three beagle friends in St. Louis (where we are coming from) that he will miss playing with so it would be great to give him some new dog friends to romp with!

Bfalcon

Postby Bfalcon » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:04 pm

I'm down!!

jone7007

Postby jone7007 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:57 am

I'd been wanting a bulldog (probably a French Bulldog) for the past year or so but since getting in to Georgetown it seems a little too..... something. since it's the schools mascot. Especially since my friend keeps posting videos of his new bulldog puppy. Does anyone else think it would be tacky to get one?

Rlabo

Postby Rlabo » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:22 am

jone7007 wrote:I'd been wanting a bulldog (probably a French Bulldog) for the past year or so but since getting in to Georgetown it seems a little too..... something. since it's the schools mascot. Especially since my friend keeps posting videos of his new bulldog puppy. Does anyone else think it would be tacky to get one?

If you want it because it's the gtown mascot then its a little tacky/cheesy, but if you just want one then don't let the school mascot dictate your decisions, go for it! Just make sure he shows up to games on time :wink:

Bfalcon

Postby Bfalcon » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:48 am

jone7007 wrote:I'd been wanting a bulldog (probably a French Bulldog) for the past year or so but since getting in to Georgetown it seems a little too..... something. since it's the schools mascot. Especially since my friend keeps posting videos of his new bulldog puppy. Does anyone else think it would be tacky to get one?

Plus, the school's mascot is a British bulldog, so I think it's far enough away that it should be just fine. Would still be super cool to bring to a game!

justonemoregame

Postby justonemoregame » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:22 pm

Whatsa guy gotta do to get Fridays off at GU? Is that even possible? Any sample skeds anywhere?

luxxe

Postby luxxe » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:46 pm

Section assignments out!!

I'm section 3 :mrgreen:.

I know 1Ls haven't had Friday classes in the past, but S3 does this fall - 9am on Wed & Fri :( No Friday classes in the spring, though!

Bfalcon

Postby Bfalcon » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:17 pm

Section 5 woohoo! No friday classes in the spring.

boredtodeath

Postby boredtodeath » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:27 pm

Section 5 as well. Sup BFalcon.

Psib337

Postby Psib337 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:31 pm

Also in section 5!

Rory19

Postby Rory19 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:55 pm

Another TLSer for Section 5!

CourCour

Postby CourCour » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:39 pm

Apparently they didn't know I was on TLS. I'm section 4.

justonemoregame

Postby justonemoregame » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:22 pm

CourCour wrote:Apparently they didn't know I was on TLS. I'm section 4.

Section 4 rules, basically

justonemoregame

Postby justonemoregame » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:55 pm

I don't understand my schedule. I think I have 8 hours of contracts per week - section 4 is going to know tso much about contracts

gerrod11

Postby gerrod11 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:38 pm

Just in case anyone was looking for their sections Facebook page, I decided to compile all the links below so you can join your respective one.

Section 1

https://www.facebook.com/groups/484676821607767/

Section 2

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GULC2016Section2/

Section 3

https://www.facebook.com/groups/groupsa ... 6281444197

Section 4

https://www.facebook.com/groups/202823386538723/

Section 5

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GULC2016Section5/

CourCour

Postby CourCour » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:50 pm

justonemoregame wrote:I don't understand my schedule. I think I have 8 hours of contracts per week - section 4 is going to know tso much about contracts

I fel the same sense of dread of contracts at 9am EVERY DAY. Then someone pointed out that its our small group section. We'll either be Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday.

Also, yay! Some TLS company.

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”