Georgetown 2016

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
xjustyoursmile

Re: Georgetown 2016

Postby xjustyoursmile » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Psib337 wrote:It may be pretty easy to figure out who I am since I'm planning on getting a tattoo that may give me away. I know I should probably plan on getting tattoos removed before law school instead of putting them on but it'll be small and there's always makeup (and maybe the chance that whoever may want to hire me won't care...but I doubt it).

Well it depends on where it is right?

Bfalcon wrote:
luxxe wrote:
Bfalcon wrote:
Obviously. I'm not actually on facebook, so would love to know further details!! And...I THINK I FINALLY FOUND A ROOMMATE WOOT!

That is all.

Yess. Another student?

Front Page, 8/26, 6:30pm. Someone reserved the back of the bar for us!!

I typed "we can start on pillowtown after" but refrained from putting that without a disclaimer as to those who are less community-obsessed this might come off differently...

Not another law student - a grad student at a different uni. Wanted to be able to have a breather from the law school atmosphere while at home!

That was awfully nice of someone :lol: Looking forward to the mixer! I'll go around to everyone being "I'm Bfalcon, are you Luxxe/CourCour/Justonemoregame/xjustyoursmile/Rlabo/psib/etal??" Definitely doing to get some weird looks. I'll shrug it off to being a Canadian :P

And I lol-ed at that one...nice 8) I've been so busy with all this admin that I've gotten behind on my episode watching. Tonight is for catching up!

HAHA. I was thinking about the whole TLS username thing. I was wondering how I would approach someone if I figured out who they were. I also wonder if anyone would be able to tell who I was. I know tumblr has this secret handshake or something. TLS should have something like that. xD

On a side note, I really want to go to the mixer, but I don't know the city at all and I don't want to get lost. And I will get lost.... Trust me. I'm thinking of finding people to walk with me to and from.

Rlabo

Postby Rlabo » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:11 pm

Bfalcon wrote:
luxxe wrote:
Bfalcon wrote:
Obviously. I'm not actually on facebook, so would love to know further details!! And...I THINK I FINALLY FOUND A ROOMMATE WOOT!

That is all.

Yess. Another student?

I typed "we can start on pillowtown after" but refrained from putting that without a disclaimer as to those who are less community-obsessed this might come off differently...

Not another law student - a grad student at a different uni. Wanted to be able to have a breather from the law school atmosphere while at home!

That was awfully nice of someone :lol: Looking forward to the mixer! I'll go around to everyone being "I'm Bfalcon, are you Luxxe/CourCour/Justonemoregame/xjustyoursmile/Rlabo/psib/etal??" Definitely doing to get some weird looks. I'll shrug it off to being a Canadian :P

And I lol-ed at that one...nice 8) I've been so busy with all this admin that I've gotten behind on my episode watching. Tonight is for catching up!

Hahahaha if you're on facebook and in the group it should be prty easy to find me as my username here is rly just my name. But im down for the secret handshake!

xjustyoursmile

Postby xjustyoursmile » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:12 pm

Rlabo wrote:
Bfalcon wrote:
luxxe wrote:
Bfalcon wrote:

That is all.

Yess. Another student?

Hahahaha if you're on facebook and in the group it should be prty easy to find me as my username here is rly just my name. But im down for the secret handshake!

I've never seen Community. So CourCour's plan on ordering drinks with tiny umbrellas sounds like a good plan. xD

Do I have permission to FB stalk you now?

Rlabo

Postby Rlabo » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:13 pm

CourCour wrote:
Bfalcon wrote:
That was awfully nice of someone :lol: Looking forward to the mixer! I'll go around to everyone being "I'm Bfalcon, are you Luxxe/CourCour/Justonemoregame/xjustyoursmile/Rlabo/psib/etal??" Definitely doing to get some weird looks. I'll shrug it off to being a Canadian :P !

Maybe we need a secret handshake/greeting/inconspicuous facial tick.

Or perhaps we should all order drinks with tiny umbrellas in them.

Rlabo, does your presence mean you will be joining us?

If I saw this a few hours ago I would have said yes, but I just got accepted to Cornell so now I have a decision to make. Nothing decided yet though and Gtown is definitely still a strong possibility (hell, I already gave em $1600!)

Rlabo

Postby Rlabo » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:15 pm

xjustyoursmile wrote:
Rlabo wrote:
Bfalcon wrote:
luxxe wrote:
Yess. Another student?

I've never seen Community. So CourCour's plan on ordering drinks with tiny umbrellas sounds like a good plan. xD

Do I have permission to FB stalk you now?

Go for it! I'd post a link but that would ruin all the fun.

xjustyoursmile

Postby xjustyoursmile » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:19 pm

Rlabo wrote:

It was fun for about two seconds because it was REALLY easy to find you. xD I don't really feel like Sherlock Holmes like I wanted to. I think I'd also be fairly easy to find. My personality gives me away.

Rory19

Postby Rory19 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:21 pm

I'm excited to see that our Facebook group is so active--the mixer should be fun. I'd be willing to walk with someone, I'll be coming from Noma.

xjustyoursmile

Postby xjustyoursmile » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:24 pm

Rory19 wrote:I'm excited to see that our Facebook group is so active--the mixer should be fun. I'd be willing to walk with someone, I'll be coming from Noma.

Walking partner please? (:

Although tomorrow I'll find out whether I'll be going from campus or not. Apparently housing assignments go out tomorrow.

I agree with the active FB group. People seem friendly. Less scary for people like me coming from across the country not knowing anyone.

Rlabo

Postby Rlabo » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:25 pm

xjustyoursmile wrote:
Rlabo wrote:

It was fun for about two seconds because it was REALLY easy to find you. xD I don't really feel like Sherlock Holmes like I wanted to. I think I'd also be fairly easy to find. My personality gives me away.

Hahahaha, figured as much - didnt really go for much anonymity. So sorry for the let down :P

xjustyoursmile

Postby xjustyoursmile » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:26 pm

Rlabo wrote:
xjustyoursmile wrote:
Rlabo wrote:

Hahahaha, figured as much - didnt really go for much anonymity. So sorry for the let down :P

It's okay! At least I felt I was solving a mystery for a little bit. More exciting than what I'll be doing for the rest of the day. xD

abadname13

Postby abadname13 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:28 pm

Buzz of Facebook re: housing assignments coming out tomorrow: eep!

I've been afraid that this would be the first year they run out of rooms for 1Ls.

luxxe

Postby luxxe » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:04 am

I am so down for a cheesy TLS meet-up post-orientation, pre-mixer, then we can arrive as a super intimidating group of people who know each other based on TLS. We are bound to make friends that way, right?

There are tons of bars right around Front Page - and it is seriously across the street from the DuPont Metro exit so no worries on finding it!!

Rlabo

Postby Rlabo » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:36 am

luxxe wrote:I am so down for a cheesy TLS meet-up post-orientation, pre-mixer, then we can arrive as a super intimidating group of people who know each other based on TLS. We are bound to make friends that way, right?

There are tons of bars right around Front Page - and it is seriously across the street from the DuPont Metro exit so no worries on finding it!!

sounds like a good pregame to me

CourCour

Postby CourCour » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:00 am

xjustyoursmile wrote:
Rlabo wrote:

I'm even more (read: less) difficult to find.

luxxe wrote:I am so down for a cheesy TLS meet-up post-orientation, pre-mixer, then we can arrive as a super intimidating group of people who know each other based on TLS. We are bound to make friends that way, right?

Strength in numbers.

luxxe

Postby luxxe » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:19 am

I wanted to call it a pre-game but didn't want to step on any toes of those of us who aren't already burgeoning alcoholics. Thank god. Grad school has pushed me there already.

There are looots of bars right on DuPount Circle other than Front Page (including one my friend bartends at) so I'll work on a free pre-game plan ;).

Rory19

Postby Rory19 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:14 pm

Rory19

Postby Rory19 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:01 pm

Okay Class of 2016 check this out:

North wrote:Want TLS's main bro Mike Spivey to be an honorable member of your school's Class of 2016? Here's how you can make that dream come true.

1. Announce that your school is desirous of Spivey ITT. You must be a current member of the school's class of 2016 for the announcement to be valid.

2. The first ten (10) valid announcements will be included in a poll at the top of this thread.

3. The poll will run for exactly one week (seven (7) days) from the time of this post minus the time necessary for announcements and will thus close at 12:00 p.m. On Friday, June 21, 2013.

4. The school with the most votes at the close of the voting period will have my man Mike Spivey added to the ranks of its Class of 2016 as an HONORABLE MEMBER.

Valid Announcements of Desirousness

1. Columbia University (Tekrul)
    2. University of Virginia (North)
    3. Washington University in St. Louis (Cuse)
    4. Northwestern University (dstars823)
    5. Duke University (CaptainLeela)
    6. Cornell University (Lavitz)
    7. University of Southern California (anteater1)
    8. Georgetown University (Rory19)
    9. University of Utah (nickb285)

MikeSpivey wrote:North, I'm going to put this and then the ultimate school whose class I am an honorary member of on my blog. Cool. Then if possible I will try to visit that school and do a "how to get the job you want" talk at that school. (so I am hoping for Utah)

The voting should begin soon and last all next week--let's vote for Spivey to be a Hoya Lawya because we all know our TLS rep could use a boost.

Vote here http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=203065

Bfalcon

Postby Bfalcon » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:55 am

Rory19 wrote:

I'm in. Luxxe, you're on point for getting this dealio going! Anyone who would like company en route to Dupont can have this guy right here as a friendly banterer. :D I'll likely be coming from NOMA too!

Psib337

Postby Psib337 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:16 pm

Just got back from DC and signed a lease :D I'm moving a week before orientation which is later than I wanted but I'm still excited!

desiballa21

Postby desiballa21 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:30 pm

Psib337 wrote:Just got back from DC and signed a lease :D I'm moving a week before orientation which is later than I wanted but I'm still excited!

nice, where at?

CourCour

Postby CourCour » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:49 pm

Do you Rory perhaps have a beautiful black dog named Rory? If so, I'd be happy to walk her.

Psib337

Postby Psib337 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:35 pm

desiballa21 wrote:
Psib337 wrote:Just got back from DC and signed a lease :D I'm moving a week before orientation which is later than I wanted but I'm still excited!

nice, where at?

Mass Court, I wanted be off campus but close to school and you can't really get any closer. It's on the upper end of what I wanted to pay but at least for the first year I'm willing to pay more to be close.

desiballa21

Postby desiballa21 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:53 pm

Nice, I feel like I'm going to end up there also... not sure though.

Psib337

Postby Psib337 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:02 pm

desiballa21 wrote:Nice, I feel like I'm going to end up there also... not sure though.

It wasn't my favorite at first but after taking a second look at buildings it took me about 30 seconds to realize that was the one (I mostly looked at Gallery Place)

Rory19

Postby Rory19 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:52 am

CourCour wrote:Do you Rory perhaps have a beautiful black dog named Rory? If so, I'd be happy to walk her.

I've been outed--lol. She's pretty adorable and happens to be the friendliest dog ever.

I am glad there will be other 1Ls in Noma too. It seems like a really reasonable distance but for events like our TLS meet-up I may be in need of a buddy!

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”