Georgetown 2016

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Georgetown 2016

Postby justonemoregame » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:47 pm

I read in last year's thread that commuting from VA is not as easy as MD - not sure if the poster was referring to driving in, but I've been looking at places in Arlington - I'd like to be walking distance to the Orange line; looks like a 20-25 min commute from Clarendon-Ballston - is this about right? I've never been to DC - are there any other disadvantages to living in this area? I'm looking for a relatively quiet area, and hoping to get a little more space for the $ --

CourCour
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:59 pm

Re: Georgetown 2016

Postby CourCour » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:50 pm

justonemoregame wrote:I read in last year's thread that commuting from VA is not as easy as MD - not sure if the poster was referring to driving in, but I've been looking at places in Arlington - I'd like to be walking distance to the Orange line; looks like a 20-25 min commute from Clarendon-Ballston - is this about right? I've never been to DC - are there any other disadvantages to living in this area? I'm looking for a relatively quiet area, and hoping to get a little more space for the $ --


I stayed with a friend living in Pentagon City and really liked it. That might have had something to do with the abundance of military men though.

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Georgetown 2016

Postby justonemoregame » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:55 pm

shakingmyhead.gif

focus, cour cour

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: Georgetown 2016

Postby luxxe » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:22 pm

CourCour wrote:
justonemoregame wrote:I read in last year's thread that commuting from VA is not as easy as MD - not sure if the poster was referring to driving in, but I've been looking at places in Arlington - I'd like to be walking distance to the Orange line; looks like a 20-25 min commute from Clarendon-Ballston - is this about right? I've never been to DC - are there any other disadvantages to living in this area? I'm looking for a relatively quiet area, and hoping to get a little more space for the $ --


I stayed with a friend living in Pentagon City and really liked it. That might have had something to do with the abundance of military men though.


Gotta say, I'm very happy you have joined this thread, CourCour.

MD is a lot harder to commute from than VA for sure, both driving and on the metro because it is farther. Ballston/Clarendon may take a bit longer than 25 minutes in the mornings, and it is definitely slow going getting to DC on the weekends (and getting back) because the orange/blue lines run so infrequently, but tons of people live in VA on the metro line (obviously) so there is stuff to do.

User avatar
Rlabo
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:18 am

Re: Georgetown 2016

Postby Rlabo » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:38 pm

luxxe wrote:
CourCour wrote:
justonemoregame wrote:I read in last year's thread that commuting from VA is not as easy as MD - not sure if the poster was referring to driving in, but I've been looking at places in Arlington - I'd like to be walking distance to the Orange line; looks like a 20-25 min commute from Clarendon-Ballston - is this about right? I've never been to DC - are there any other disadvantages to living in this area? I'm looking for a relatively quiet area, and hoping to get a little more space for the $ --


I stayed with a friend living in Pentagon City and really liked it. That might have had something to do with the abundance of military men though.


Gotta say, I'm very happy you have joined this thread, CourCour.


+1. The overall aura is way up with CourCour and Bfalcon on the thread!

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Georgetown 2016

Postby justonemoregame » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:27 pm

G-Townies, sign up for this awesome case briefing tool so we can get our school added:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=211067

If it means what I think it means, we will not have to buy multiple colors of highlighters. Actually, it looks pretty nice.

User avatar
Psib337
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Georgetown 2016

Postby Psib337 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:57 am

Can anyone open the tuberculosis screening certificate? Whenever I click on it I get one of those lovely "file not found" pages. I'm also heading down to DC this weekend to (hopefully) sign a lease, does anyone know anything about Mass Court, the Meridian at Gallery place, or 425 Mass Ave.? I've looked at reviews for all 3 online and I feel like I can't get an accurate picture of any of them. I got the impression that they were all popular with Georgetown students but is one preferred over the others?

User avatar
Bfalcon
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:31 pm

Re: Georgetown 2016

Postby Bfalcon » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:38 pm

Psib337 wrote:Can anyone open the tuberculosis screening certificate? Whenever I click on it I get one of those lovely "file not found" pages. I'm also heading down to DC this weekend to (hopefully) sign a lease, does anyone know anything about Mass Court, the Meridian at Gallery place, or 425 Mass Ave.? I've looked at reviews for all 3 online and I feel like I can't get an accurate picture of any of them. I got the impression that they were all popular with Georgetown students but is one preferred over the others?



I'll look into the tub. thing. As for those 3 place, I think you'll just have to check them out in person.

User avatar
Bfalcon
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:31 pm

Re: Georgetown 2016

Postby Bfalcon » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:40 pm

justonemoregame wrote:G-Townies, sign up for this awesome case briefing tool so we can get our school added:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=211067

If it means what I think it means, we will not have to buy multiple colors of highlighters. Actually, it looks pretty nice.


Once I got to the site, it seems like it's just a tool for pre-law prep, rather than a series of tools one can use for any case brief in law school. I'm not so keen on pre-law prep personally. Am I mistaken on this?

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Georgetown 2016

Postby justonemoregame » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:41 pm

Is this what you're looking for?

--LinkRemoved--

If the link doesn't work, click the "website" link at the bottom of the Immunizations page - then click Forms

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Georgetown 2016

Postby justonemoregame » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:43 pm

Bfalcon wrote:
justonemoregame wrote:G-Townies, sign up for this awesome case briefing tool so we can get our school added:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=211067

If it means what I think it means, we will not have to buy multiple colors of highlighters. Actually, it looks pretty nice.


Once I got to the site, it seems like it's just a tool for pre-law prep, rather than a series of tools one can use for any case brief in law school. I'm not so keen on pre-law prep personally. Am I mistaken on this?


I think a couple of 1Ls at NW said they used it, and liked it.

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Georgetown 2016

Postby justonemoregame » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:46 pm

I'm an old so no TB test for me (cough, cough) -- I wonder if I still need a health care provider to sign off? Don't really see the point..

User avatar
Bfalcon
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:31 pm

Re: Georgetown 2016

Postby Bfalcon » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:45 pm

justonemoregame wrote:
Bfalcon wrote:
justonemoregame wrote:G-Townies, sign up for this awesome case briefing tool so we can get our school added:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=211067

If it means what I think it means, we will not have to buy multiple colors of highlighters. Actually, it looks pretty nice.


Once I got to the site, it seems like it's just a tool for pre-law prep, rather than a series of tools one can use for any case brief in law school. I'm not so keen on pre-law prep personally. Am I mistaken on this?


I think a couple of 1Ls at NW said they used it, and liked it.


Righto, cool man. I just hadn't poked around it long enough.
justonemoregame wrote:I'm an old so no TB test for me (cough, cough) -- I wonder if I still need a health care provider to sign off? Don't really see the point..


Hahaha, I hear you on that. I'm trying to figure out all the immunizations stuff out myself.

User avatar
Bfalcon
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:31 pm

Re: Georgetown 2016

Postby Bfalcon » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:48 pm

This one is for Luxxe...

Image

I lolled... #tweetsfromhillary #communityrocksmyworld

CourCour
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:59 pm

Re: Georgetown 2016

Postby CourCour » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:46 pm

justonemoregame wrote:I'm an old so no TB test for me (cough, cough) -- I wonder if I still need a health care provider to sign off? Don't really see the point..


+1 yay for being old. I am also curious as to whether or not we need to fill anything out. Where/when did this form go out?

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Georgetown 2016

Postby justonemoregame » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:05 pm

CourCour wrote:
justonemoregame wrote:I'm an old so no TB test for me (cough, cough) -- I wonder if I still need a health care provider to sign off? Don't really see the point..


+1 yay for being old. I am also curious as to whether or not we need to fill anything out. Where/when did this form go out?


It's on the University health services page - not sure when it's up, but I posted the link to the pdf above. I've e-mailed to see if we need an endorsement from a physician.

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: Georgetown 2016

Postby luxxe » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:14 pm

Bfalcon wrote:This one is for Luxxe...

Image

I lolled... #tweetsfromhillary #communityrocksmyworld


omg. LOVE. WORTH QUOTING AGAIN.

ps. did you all see the happy hour at front page following the first day of orientation on facebook? we should all go, obviously.

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Georgetown 2016

Postby justonemoregame » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:25 pm

Just heard back from health services, if you are exempt from the TB screening, you only have to fill out Sections 1 & 3 of the form, sign and submit. *COUGH*

User avatar
Bfalcon
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:31 pm

Re: Georgetown 2016

Postby Bfalcon » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:28 am

luxxe wrote:
Bfalcon wrote:This one is for Luxxe...

Image

I lolled... #tweetsfromhillary #communityrocksmyworld


omg. LOVE. WORTH QUOTING AGAIN.

ps. did you all see the happy hour at front page following the first day of orientation on facebook? we should all go, obviously.


Obviously. I'm not actually on facebook, so would love to know further details!! And...I THINK I FINALLY FOUND A ROOMMATE WOOT!

That is all.

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: Georgetown 2016

Postby luxxe » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:22 am

Bfalcon wrote:
Obviously. I'm not actually on facebook, so would love to know further details!! And...I THINK I FINALLY FOUND A ROOMMATE WOOT!

That is all.


Yess. Another student?

Front Page, 8/26, 6:30pm. Someone reserved the back of the bar for us!!

I typed "we can start on pillowtown after" but refrained from putting that without a disclaimer as to those who are less community-obsessed this might come off differently...

User avatar
Bfalcon
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:31 pm

Re: Georgetown 2016

Postby Bfalcon » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:04 am

luxxe wrote:
Bfalcon wrote:
Obviously. I'm not actually on facebook, so would love to know further details!! And...I THINK I FINALLY FOUND A ROOMMATE WOOT!

That is all.


Yess. Another student?

Front Page, 8/26, 6:30pm. Someone reserved the back of the bar for us!!

I typed "we can start on pillowtown after" but refrained from putting that without a disclaimer as to those who are less community-obsessed this might come off differently...


Not another law student - a grad student at a different uni. Wanted to be able to have a breather from the law school atmosphere while at home!

That was awfully nice of someone :lol: Looking forward to the mixer! I'll go around to everyone being "I'm Bfalcon, are you Luxxe/CourCour/Justonemoregame/xjustyoursmile/Rlabo/psib/etal??" Definitely doing to get some weird looks. I'll shrug it off to being a Canadian :P

And I lol-ed at that one...nice 8) I've been so busy with all this admin that I've gotten behind on my episode watching. Tonight is for catching up!

CourCour
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:59 pm

Re: Georgetown 2016

Postby CourCour » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:12 am

Bfalcon wrote:
That was awfully nice of someone :lol: Looking forward to the mixer! I'll go around to everyone being "I'm Bfalcon, are you Luxxe/CourCour/Justonemoregame/xjustyoursmile/Rlabo/psib/etal??" Definitely doing to get some weird looks. I'll shrug it off to being a Canadian :P !



Maybe we need a secret handshake/greeting/inconspicuous facial tick.


Or perhaps we should all order drinks with tiny umbrellas in them.

Rlabo, does your presence mean you will be joining us?

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: Georgetown 2016

Postby luxxe » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:43 am

CourCour wrote:
Bfalcon wrote:
That was awfully nice of someone :lol: Looking forward to the mixer! I'll go around to everyone being "I'm Bfalcon, are you Luxxe/CourCour/Justonemoregame/xjustyoursmile/Rlabo/psib/etal??" Definitely doing to get some weird looks. I'll shrug it off to being a Canadian :P !



Maybe we need a secret handshake/greeting/inconspicuous facial tick.


Or perhaps we should all order drinks with tiny umbrellas in them.

Rlabo, does your presence mean you will be joining us?


Image

User avatar
Bfalcon
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:31 pm

Re: Georgetown 2016

Postby Bfalcon » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:03 pm

luxxe wrote:
CourCour wrote:Maybe we need a secret handshake/greeting/inconspicuous facial tick.


Or perhaps we should all order drinks with tiny umbrellas in them.

Rlabo, does your presence mean you will be joining us?


Image


YES!! The Abed-Troy shake!

If that doesn't work, I think we should all buy fedoras and wear them around. The secret society study club of Gtown Law. And I'm hoping the Rlabo-ster is coming! Are ya mate?

User avatar
Psib337
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Georgetown 2016

Postby Psib337 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:32 pm

It may be pretty easy to figure out who I am since I'm planning on getting a tattoo that may give me away. I know I should probably plan on getting tattoos removed before law school instead of putting them on but it'll be small and there's always makeup (and maybe the chance that whoever may want to hire me won't care...but I doubt it).




Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest