Georgetown 2016 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
justgottabezen

New

Re: Georgetown 2016

Post by justgottabezen » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:35 pm

zacharus85 wrote:
justgottabezen wrote:Does anyone have suggestions on housing in DC? What areas are safe to live in?
If you're class of 2016 and you haven't moved to DC yet, you've seriously been doing law school ten kinds of wrong (unless you missed class to go to, I don't know, Harvard).

In all seriousness - DC is a much safer city than people give it credit for. It was pretty safe all over when I first moved here in 2003 for undergrad, it's gotten even more gentrified (read: white and unaffordable) pretty much everywhere.

If cost is no object, live right near the law school. There are great apartments a couple blocks away in between Judiciary Square and Gallery Place, and the area is convenient to a lot DC offers. If cost is a big issue, move all the way out the red line to Twinbrook or Shady Grove, or out the Orange line to Falls Church or so - you get an hour commute into school, but more living space for your dollar. If you want to balance cost with convenience - Takoma Park, Silver Spring, and Grosvenor on the red line are great areas: generally a 15ish minute commute for the first two (35ish for Grosvenor), lots to do in terms of food, shopping, and some night life for Takoma/Silver Spring.

I've lived around DC for 11 years now, and went from single undergrad all the way to married homeowner. That being said, I've only lived in the following areas (so others might be able to contribute in areas I don't know about): Shady Grove, Twinbrook, Silver Spring, Takoma Park, Tenleytown, Falls Church.
Thanks! I hadn't moved yet because I'm a transfer. lol

guyindfw

New

Re: Georgetown 2016

Post by guyindfw » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:27 pm

Wanted - UBE prep material for DC bar

I took the bar exam in Texas couple of years ago, now need to take in DC. Please PM me if you want to sell/give away their UBE bar prep material.

Thank you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”