Northwestern Class of 2016

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Micdiddy » Fri May 03, 2013 6:55 pm

Cobretti wrote:
bk1 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:Gone to any Bulls or Bears games?

Egregious anti-Blackhawks trolling.

Hockey isn't really a thing in CA.

egregious stanley cup trolling


Lived in Cali my whole life and literally no one talked about hockey right up to the point where the Kings were in the finals. Then after they won, a week later no one was talking about it again.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18422
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby bk1 » Fri May 03, 2013 7:05 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
Cobretti wrote:Hockey isn't really a thing in CA.

egregious stanley cup trolling


Lived in Cali my whole life and literally no one talked about hockey right up to the point where the Kings were in the finals. Then after they won, a week later no one was talking about it again.

The Sharks are awesome. Your friends suck.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Cobretti » Fri May 03, 2013 7:16 pm

bk1 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:
Cobretti wrote:Hockey isn't really a thing in CA.

egregious stanley cup trolling


Lived in Cali my whole life and literally no one talked about hockey right up to the point where the Kings were in the finals. Then after they won, a week later no one was talking about it again.

The Sharks are awesome. Your friends suck.

What sports are the most popular in Chicago? Is hockey up there with NFL/NBA?

KingFish
Posts: 334
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:34 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby KingFish » Fri May 03, 2013 7:39 pm

bk1 wrote:The Sharks are awesome. Your friends suck.

Awesome at losing in the playoffs. :)

M458
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby M458 » Fri May 03, 2013 8:31 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:Hey future NLaw-ers. I'm a 3L and trying to procrastinate so I don't have to study for any exams or write any papers, so feel free to ask me questions! (Please ask me questions. I really don't want to do any work. :( )


Best drink specials that NU law students like to take advantage of? Trying to keep the alcohol part of the budget under control while still being able to go out and have fun.

M458
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby M458 » Fri May 03, 2013 8:32 pm

KingFish wrote:
bk1 wrote:The Sharks are awesome. Your friends suck.

Awesome at losing in the playoffs. :)


As someone that grew up in San Jose, this hurts :(

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18422
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby bk1 » Fri May 03, 2013 8:36 pm

Cobretti wrote:What sports are the most popular in Chicago? Is hockey up there with NFL/NBA?

Among my LS friends NBA is the most popular followed by NFL. College sports are popular as well (which I don't care about). Baseball is definitely far behind those. Not many of my friends are hockey fans.

As for the city itself, hockey seems fairly popular. It doesn't hurt that the Blackhawks are and have been good.

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Micdiddy » Fri May 03, 2013 8:38 pm

bk1 wrote:
Cobretti wrote:What sports are the most popular in Chicago? Is hockey up there with NFL/NBA?

Among my LS friends NBA is the most popular followed by NFL. College sports are popular as well (which I don't care about). Baseball is definitely far behind those. Not many of my friends are hockey fans.

As for the city itself, hockey seems fairly popular. It doesn't hurt that the Blackhawks are and have been good.


Do you guys see Wildcat games at all? In fact, do you ever visit the main campus?

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18422
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby bk1 » Fri May 03, 2013 8:40 pm

Micdiddy wrote:Do you guys see Wildcat games at all? In fact, do you ever visit the main campus?

I don't. There's always a group of LS students who go for the homecoming game that the SBA organizes but other than that I think it's rare. JD/MBA bros spend a lot of time up there but other than that few pure JDs ever go up there.

User avatar
KremeCheez
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:28 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby KremeCheez » Fri May 03, 2013 10:43 pm

Will we get the same discounts (or free tix) as the undergrads? I'd at least go to games when UofM is in town...

User avatar
feralinfant
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby feralinfant » Fri May 03, 2013 10:45 pm

KremeCheez wrote:Will we get the same discounts (or free tix) as the undergrads? I'd at least go to games when UofM is in town...


+1 but substitute skers for UofM

User avatar
thefuturenow
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 10:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby thefuturenow » Fri May 03, 2013 10:52 pm

Excited to be joining NU class of 2016. Going through this thread I can see why NU stresses the collegiality of its students. I look forward to meeting all of you and your beloved pups :D

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Cobretti » Fri May 03, 2013 10:57 pm

feralinfant wrote:
KremeCheez wrote:Will we get the same discounts (or free tix) as the undergrads? I'd at least go to games when UofM is in town...


+1 but substitute skers for UofM

lived in omaha for 4 years... no more huskers... please...

thefuturenow wrote:Excited to be joining NU class of 2016. Going through this thread I can see why NU stresses the collegiality of its students. I look forward to meeting all of you and your beloved pups :D

welcome!

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Micdiddy » Fri May 03, 2013 11:02 pm

thefuturenow wrote:Excited to be joining NU class of 2016. Going through this thread I can see why NU stresses the collegiality of its students. I look forward to meeting all of you and your beloved pups :D


Success in law is directly correlated to TLS post count, just FYI.
Cobretti is ranked first in our class, but I'm a TLS gunner, so he won't be for long.

User avatar
thefuturenow
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 10:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby thefuturenow » Fri May 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
thefuturenow wrote:Excited to be joining NU class of 2016. Going through this thread I can see why NU stresses the collegiality of its students. I look forward to meeting all of you and your beloved pups :D


Success in law is directly correlated to TLS post count, just FYI.
Cobretti is ranked first in our class, but I'm a TLS gunner, so he won't be for long.


Hey as long as I can beat the 90% of 1Ls who aren't gunnerish enough to even know what TLS is. . .Top 10% percent will get me a SCOTUS clerkship right?

User avatar
thefuturenow
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 10:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby thefuturenow » Fri May 03, 2013 11:07 pm

Cobretti wrote:
feralinfant wrote:
KremeCheez wrote:Will we get the same discounts (or free tix) as the undergrads? I'd at least go to games when UofM is in town...


+1 but substitute skers for UofM

lived in omaha for 4 years... no more huskers... please...

thefuturenow wrote:Excited to be joining NU class of 2016. Going through this thread I can see why NU stresses the collegiality of its students. I look forward to meeting all of you and your beloved pups :D

welcome!


Thanks. Stoked!

User avatar
feralinfant
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby feralinfant » Fri May 03, 2013 11:11 pm

Cobretti wrote:
feralinfant wrote:
KremeCheez wrote:Will we get the same discounts (or free tix) as the undergrads? I'd at least go to games when UofM is in town...


+1 but substitute skers for UofM

lived in omaha for 4 years... no more huskers... please...


You can't escape it, it's everywhere. Seriously the Husker bar in Boston is even out of control. Chicago has more than one if I recall. :D

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Cobretti » Fri May 03, 2013 11:12 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
thefuturenow wrote:Excited to be joining NU class of 2016. Going through this thread I can see why NU stresses the collegiality of its students. I look forward to meeting all of you and your beloved pups :D


Success in law is directly correlated to TLS post count, just FYI.
Cobretti is ranked first in our class, but I'm a TLS gunner, so he won't be for long.

Image

dolfan0516
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:26 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby dolfan0516 » Fri May 03, 2013 11:14 pm

KremeCheez wrote:Will we get the same discounts (or free tix) as the undergrads? I'd at least go to games when UofM is in town...


Nope. No discount at all. Since you are a grad student, they allow you to purchase grad season tickets for $130. (which actually might be worth it this year just for the Michigan game. And Ohio State.)

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Micdiddy » Fri May 03, 2013 11:15 pm

Cobretti wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:
thefuturenow wrote:Excited to be joining NU class of 2016. Going through this thread I can see why NU stresses the collegiality of its students. I look forward to meeting all of you and your beloved pups :D


Success in law is directly correlated to TLS post count, just FYI.
Cobretti is ranked first in our class, but I'm a TLS gunner, so he won't be for long.

[img]southpark[/img]


I should know better. It's impossible to post more than someone who always gets the last word.
Last edited by Micdiddy on Fri May 03, 2013 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Micdiddy » Fri May 03, 2013 11:16 pm

But that doesn't mean I can't try!!!!

Image

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Cobretti » Fri May 03, 2013 11:19 pm

Already resorting to splitting your posts into 2 separate ones? I smell fear

User avatar
thefuturenow
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 10:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby thefuturenow » Fri May 03, 2013 11:21 pm

feralinfant wrote:
Cobretti wrote:
feralinfant wrote:
KremeCheez wrote:Will we get the same discounts (or free tix) as the undergrads? I'd at least go to games when UofM is in town...


+1 but substitute skers for UofM

lived in omaha for 4 years... no more huskers... please...


You can't escape it, it's everywhere. Seriously the Husker bar in Boston is even out of control. Chicago has more than one if I recall. :D



Few things can help people bond like the trauma of living in Nebraska. I pity.

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Micdiddy » Fri May 03, 2013 11:21 pm

I have a lot of ground to

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Micdiddy » Fri May 03, 2013 11:21 pm

cover.




Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest