Northwestern Class of 2016

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
Cobretti

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Cobretti » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:13 pm

rebexness wrote:It is not fair that this cuteness is being confined to this NU thread.

good luck beating us in the c/o 2017 thread!

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:49 pm

We're losing one :(

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=208153&start=200#p6721820

I guess Howie and Frank aren't enough incentive to go to NU???

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:01 pm

"Is it my fault Twinkletoes won't be at Northwestern?"

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:18 pm

Micdiddy wrote:We're losing one :(

Frank is heartbroken

KremeCheez

Postby KremeCheez » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:52 pm

[quote="Micdiddy"]Howie doesn't take kindly to stuffed animals

For the record...neither does Evie...this one lasted all of 5 minutes...

PBateman1

Postby PBateman1 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:56 pm

The drafts over, we're ready for Bears season!

KremeCheez

Postby KremeCheez » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:12 pm

Last one I swear...
Evie had a different Big Ten school in mind...

cookiejar1

Postby cookiejar1 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:14 pm

Holy shit snacks! There's a lot of number crunching in that thread. I'm going to ignore this partly because I don't do numbers but mostly because I don't want to feel incompetent and measure my tiny scholarship offer to other offers that exist elsewhere.

cookiejar1

Postby cookiejar1 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:17 pm

Cobretti wrote:Image
Frank wouldn't smile

KremeCheez wrote:Image

Wait... how do you two have the SAME TOY?!

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:25 pm

cookiejar1 wrote:Wait... how do you two have the SAME TOY?!

Frank's is bigger

KremeCheez

Postby KremeCheez » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:32 pm

Cobretti wrote:
cookiejar1 wrote:Wait... how do you two have the SAME TOY?!

Frank's is bigger

...and green...

twinkletoes16

Postby twinkletoes16 » Wed May 01, 2013 2:12 am

Cobretti wrote:

Frank is heartbroken

these dogs are all babes.

still deciding, guys.

Bloomsie

Postby Bloomsie » Wed May 01, 2013 10:20 am

Seriously guys, sending withdrawal letters is the worst. I'm stoked for NU, but genuinely sorry to be turning down schools where the deans of admission took time to talk to me on the phone. Womp womp.

I'm visiting Chicago for the first time (crazy right?) next week to look at apartments and so my girlfriend can interview for a job. Any suggestions on things we have to see in our one free afternoon, other than the law school and housing around LP/Streeterville/Gold Coast/Lakeview?

KremeCheez

Postby KremeCheez » Wed May 01, 2013 11:28 am

Bloomsie wrote:Seriously guys, sending withdrawal letters is the worst. I'm stoked for NU, but genuinely sorry to be turning down schools where the deans of admission took time to talk to me on the phone. Womp womp.

I'm visiting Chicago for the first time (crazy right?) next week to look at apartments and so my girlfriend can interview for a job. Any suggestions on things we have to see in our one free afternoon, other than the law school and housing around LP/Streeterville/Gold Coast/Lakeview?

Baseball fans? Cubs in town?

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Wed May 01, 2013 2:27 pm

I have sobering news. The famous, all-knowing ATL has seen it fit to bestow upon us a true ranking of law schools in their proper order, the way God intended them to be.
When I made my deposit, I was under the impression that I was attending a t12 school. Such blasphemy was perpetrated by the heretic USNWR. Like a fool, I was deceived, but like a lamb, I have seen the light.
In review of the holy rankings, I now know THE TRUTH. Northwestern IS NOT a t12 school! It is the 13th ranked school! How could I have been so blind?

I take no joy in delivering this news, but everyone deserves the truth so that we may save our souls. I presume rampant withdrawals will commence. I'm so sorry my brothers. Let this be a day of mourning for us all.

http://abovethelaw.com/careers/law-scho ... /#rankings
Last edited by Micdiddy on Wed May 01, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bloomsie

Postby Bloomsie » Wed May 01, 2013 2:32 pm

Micdiddy wrote:I have sobering news. The famous, all-knowing ATL has seen it fit to bestow upon us a true ranking of law schools in their proper order, the way God intended them to be.
When I made my deposit, I was under the impression that I was attending a t12 school. Such blasphemy was perpetrated by the heretic USNWR. Like a fool, I was deceived, but like a lamb, I have seen the light.
In review of the holy rankings, I now know THE TRUTH. Northwestern IS NOT a t12 school! It is the 13th ranked school! How could I have been so blind?

I take no joy in delivering this news, but everyone deserves the truth so that we may save our souls. I presume rampant withdrawals will commence. I'm so sorry my brothers. Let this be a day of mourning for us all.

Look at that 13% drop from 13th to 14th. Also, all being at 68% (I think) would qualify us for tied at 11. :smug:

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Wed May 01, 2013 4:07 pm

When do we have to actually be at school? When classes begin in Sept or late Aug for orientation?
If it's late August, is everyone just moving in in August? I want to stay in Cali as late as possible, but it would suck to pay for all of August rent to secure an apartment, and then leave it empty for three weeks.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed May 01, 2013 4:08 pm

Micdiddy wrote:When do we have to actually be at school? When classes begin in Sept or late Aug for orientation?
If it's late August, is everyone just moving in in August? I want to stay in Cali as late as possible, but it would suck to pay for all of August rent to secure an apartment, and then leave it empty for three weeks.

Orientation is mandatory. It's a lot of boring crap and some important administrative stuff, plus you meet a lot of people.
Many (most?) apartments don't insist on leases starting the 1st of the month. Mine did, but only because that's when I chose to move.
You want to have more than a day or two to figure out your living arrangements (not just furniture, but also where you're going to buy groceries, stock up on household stuff, etc.) before orientation starts. It took me like 4 trips to Target just to get all the stuff like dish soap and toilet brush and toilet paper. If you don't know the city, you'll want to figure out how to get around on the CTA.

Plus there's a ton of cool stuff to do that you very shortly will not have any time for. I did a lot of touristy stuff my first few weeks and I am glad I did.

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Wed May 01, 2013 4:14 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:When do we have to actually be at school? When classes begin in Sept or late Aug for orientation?

Orientation is mandatory. It's a lot of boring crap and some important administrative stuff, plus you meet a lot of people.
Many (most?) apartments don't insist on leases starting the 1st of the month. Mine did, but only because that's when I chose to move.
You want to have more than a day or two to figure out your living arrangements (not just furniture, but also where you're going to buy groceries, stock up on household stuff, etc.) before orientation starts. It took me like 4 trips to Target just to get all the stuff like dish soap and toilet brush and toilet paper. If you don't know the city, you'll want to figure out how to get around on the CTA.

Plus there's a ton of cool stuff to do that you very shortly will not have any time for. I did a lot of touristy stuff my first few weeks and I am glad I did.

Yeah I will definitely make orientation, just wondering when it actually was (can't find that info online but I assume they'll let us know in due time).

On a different note, does anyone live in 222 E. Pearson? My wife and I like what we've seen so far from that building. So close, W/D in unit and all that.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed May 01, 2013 4:18 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:

Yeah I will definitely make orientation, just wondering when it actually was (can't find that info online but I assume they'll let us know in due time).

On a different note, does anyone live in 222 E. Pearson? My wife and I like what we've seen so far from that building. So close, W/D in unit and all that.
Classes start Tuesday the 3rd, so I assume Orientation will be the entire week before that.

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Wed May 01, 2013 4:21 pm

Makes sense, thanks :)

Bloomsie

Postby Bloomsie » Wed May 01, 2013 4:23 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:

Classes start Tuesday the 3rd, so I assume Orientation will be the entire week before that.

August 26 is the first day of orientation. Check the calendar on the right side of the screen:

http://www.law.northwestern.edu/admit2013/

I don't know why they don't make that easier to find.

Are you looking at buying a condo? I googled 222 E. Pearson but all I'm finding are condo listings.

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Wed May 01, 2013 4:27 pm

Bloomsie wrote:
August 26 is the first day of orientation. Check the calendar on the right side of the screen:

Are you looking at buying a condo? I googled 222 E. Pearson but all I'm finding are condo listings.

Yep, there's the calendar. Thanks!

No just renting. The people at student space have sent me 3 available places there (but all are pre-Aug move-ins, they're just sending them for reference I suppose).

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Wed May 01, 2013 4:29 pm

Bloomsie wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:I have sobering news. The famous, all-knowing ATL has seen it fit to bestow upon us a true ranking of law schools in their proper order, the way God intended them to be.

Look at that 13% drop from 13th to 14th. Also, all being at 68% (I think) would qualify us for tied at 11. :smug:

Clear rounding error working against us. And lol@gulc

Bloomsie

Postby Bloomsie » Wed May 01, 2013 4:38 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
Bloomsie wrote:

Yep, there's the calendar. Thanks!

No just renting. The people at student space have sent me 3 available places there (but all are pre-Aug move-ins, they're just sending them for reference I suppose).

Oh, solid. I contacted student space last week and am meeting with them when I'm in Chicago.

Lol@GULC is right.

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”