Northwestern Class of 2016

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
cookiejar1

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby cookiejar1 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:45 pm

Woah, wait, since when did school apparel become super gunnery? Damn it, now I gotta throw away all my college tees and sweats aka 95% of my wardrobe.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:10 pm

cookiejar1 wrote:Woah, wait, since when did school apparel become super gunnery? Damn it, now I gotta throw away all my college tees and sweats aka 95% of my wardrobe.

No way man, school apparel is like band apparel. Its cool to rock it anywhere besides their venues. Rock all the UG you want.

curepure

Postby curepure » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:12 am

Cobretti wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:
PBateman1 wrote:On a scale of 1-10, how gunner is it to rock the free NU law iPhone case they give us

Wait I didn't get one HOW DO I GET ONE

Did you put down your deposit and fill in the form saying you were going?

I am def going to rock it by the way. No regrets.

imo laptop case is way more gunny than phone case

wuuuut I put down my deposit in March and nothing came after!!

twinkletoes16

Postby twinkletoes16 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:24 am

Almost positive I will be here in the fall. Definitely didn't see that coming (didn't interview, wasn't that excited about getting in...though after researching their insane biglaw placement and visiting, LOOOOVE). But MAN, am I getting excited about Chi. And swag. And meeting fellow CA kids.

CLASS OF 2016 WOOOO

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:09 am

twinkletoes16 wrote:Almost positive I will be here in the fall. Definitely didn't see that coming (didn't interview, wasn't that excited about getting in...though after researching their insane biglaw placement and visiting, LOOOOVE). But MAN, am I getting excited about Chi. And swag. And meeting fellow CA kids.

CLASS OF 2016 WOOOO

There's a million CA kids at NU. You will all find each other immediately when it starts to get below 65 in the fall. :lol: That's what happened to us this year, at least.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:52 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:Almost positive I will be here in the fall. Definitely didn't see that coming (didn't interview, wasn't that excited about getting in...though after researching their insane biglaw placement and visiting, LOOOOVE). But MAN, am I getting excited about Chi. And swag. And meeting fellow CA kids.

CLASS OF 2016 WOOOO

I honestly thought you were gonna pick Cal :shock:

I'm sure you're making the right choice though, welcome!

cookiejar1

Postby cookiejar1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:18 pm

CLASS OF 2016 WOOOO

Same here. I only applied to Northwestern because of their rankings but after doing some research / visiting the school / falling in love Chicago / comparing the NU students with other law school students / comparing prices at Chi bars to NYC bars I've come to love this school.

twinkletoes16

Postby twinkletoes16 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:25 pm

cookiejar1 wrote:

CLASS OF 2016 WOOOO

Same here. I only applied to Northwestern because of their rankings but after doing some research / visiting the school / falling in love Chicago / comparing the NU students with other law school students / comparing prices at Chi bars to NYC bars I've come to love this school.

$ and cheap(ish) beer also helps

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:49 pm

cookiejar1 wrote:

CLASS OF 2016 WOOOO

I like how you slid cheap beer in there at the very end like it wasn't the most important factor 8)

cookiejar1

Postby cookiejar1 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:38 am

I got the seat confirmation email! Also I shamelessly applied for that law preview scholarship within 5 minutes of getting the email. Nothing beats free. That's why the Lincoln Park zoo is the best zoo in the world.

twinkletoes16

Postby twinkletoes16 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:20 am

Can someone PMe the link to the fb group? Or post it. I want to join :lol:

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:29 am

hey y'all, it's mid finals so the NU crowd may not be too present, but we're still around if you have questions before depositing/ about moving here! Hopefully your fb group does what ours did and starts setting up happy hours during the summer- it was a great way to make some friends before orientation started. It was nice to have friendly faces around from the first day.

cookiejar1

Postby cookiejar1 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:57 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:Can someone PMe the link to the fb group? Or post it. I want to join :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/NULaw2016/

moneyball026

Postby moneyball026 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 pm

Making it official. Can't wait to see you guys in the fall!

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:27 pm

moneyball026 wrote:Making it official. Can't wait to see you guys in the fall!

niiice! i'm sure franklyscarlet is happy to know her #1 fan will be attending too

Save_Ferris

Postby Save_Ferris » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:18 pm

I was almost sure when I deposited, but now it is official that I will be attending Northwestern!! I couldn't be happier =] See you all this fall!

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:14 pm

Seriously, waiting around for school to start is agony. Lets get this show on the road.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:19 pm

Micdiddy wrote:Seriously, waiting around for school to start is agony. Lets get this show on the road.

Bro, enjoy your last summer before school starts. Go traveling, relax, hang out with friends back home. Don't be all in a rush to get to LS, it'll happen before you know it.

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:34 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:Seriously, waiting around for school to start is agony. Lets get this show on the road.

Bro, enjoy your last summer before school starts. Go traveling, relax, hang out with friends back home. Don't be all in a rush to get to LS, it'll happen before you know it.

I know that's good advice, but I'm basically just living paycheck to paycheck anyway, so there's not much traveling or relaxing I can do.
Plus, there's the hassle of finding a place, selling a lot of our junk, getting money somehow to pay for this giant move, and all that, so it would be nice to just *blink* and be done with it in a furnished Chi apt.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:53 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

I know that's good advice, but I'm basically just living paycheck to paycheck anyway, so there's not much traveling or relaxing I can do.
Plus, there's the hassle of finding a place, selling a lot of our junk, getting money somehow to pay for this giant move, and all that, so it would be nice to just *blink* and be done with it in a furnished Chi apt.

+1
I contacted a guy about a listing on padmapper yesterday and he blatantly tried to scam me out of a deposit after immediately learning I was moving from out of state. Would very much like to avoid the headache and just be in Chicago.

twinkletoes16

Postby twinkletoes16 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:59 pm

Cobretti wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

+1
I contacted a guy about a listing on padmapper yesterday and he blatantly tried to scam me out of a deposit after immediately learning I was moving from out of state. Would very much like to avoid the headache and just be in Chicago.

+2 in order for me to not break my lease and get screwed when i try to get a place in chicago, it looks like i won't be able to relax/have a real summer before law school starts. i'm living paycheck to paycheck and am now gonna have one miserable summer. damnit.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:02 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
Cobretti wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:I know that's good advice, but I'm basically just living paycheck to paycheck anyway, so there's not much traveling or relaxing I can do.

+1

+2 in order for me to not break my lease and get screwed when i try to get a place in chicago, it looks like i won't be able to relax/have a real summer before law school starts. i'm living paycheck to paycheck and am now gonna have one miserable summer. damnit.

All is not lost, we'll have plenty of socal summer meetups to lessen the agony (diddy you gotta come down btw)

twinkletoes16

Postby twinkletoes16 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:19 pm

Cobretti wrote:All is not lost, we'll have plenty of socal summer meetups to lessen the agony (diddy you gotta come down btw)

i won't be in socal. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

since i now can't break my lease/can't afford the almost 3k, i can't go from where i am now to socal to chicago. just straight from where i am to chicago. no summer, no fun, all work but still poor as fuck.

cookiejar1

Postby cookiejar1 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:28 pm

Yeah, I appreciate the invite too COBRETTI.

cookiejar1

Postby cookiejar1 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:30 pm

I moved a couch and a TV out on to my porch. It has been the best decision I've made this summer so far. Now I can be a couch potato guilt-ish free. Drinking outside during the day is remotely less pathetic than getting day drunk with the curtains drawn.

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”