Northwestern Class of 2016 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Post by rinkrat19 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:02 am

twinkletoes16 wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:I'm doing campus tours both days, dinner on Friday and lunch on Saturday. Look for me, grasshoppers!

If rinkrat is hosting a student this weekend, then I think I might be her guest. Having my TLS world and real world collide is weird :shock:
I'm not hosting anyone, actually. I didn't want to subject anyone to my snoring.

twinkletoes16

Silver

Post by twinkletoes16 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:34 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:I'm doing campus tours both days, dinner on Friday and lunch on Saturday. Look for me, grasshoppers!

If rinkrat is hosting a student this weekend, then I think I might be her guest. Having my TLS world and real world collide is weird :shock:
I'm not hosting anyone, actually. I didn't want to subject anyone to my snoring.

Ah, gotcha.

I'm here! Pm me if there's a TLS meetup. Forgot adcoms read this so don't want to post what I look like/am wearing

guinness1547

Silver

Post by guinness1547 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:19 am

I'm at the corner table at Tooles. Feel free to walk up.

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:26 am

We had such a big group of TLSers talking at timmy's tonight, didn't see either of you though. i'm the idiot with the totally non anon name for future reference

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:48 pm

mrizza wrote:We had such a big group of TLSers talking at timmy's tonight, didn't see either of you though. i'm the idiot with the totally non anon name for future reference
Don't forget you also have a picture of yourself as your tar.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Solistus

Bronze

Post by Solistus » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:00 am

Micdiddy wrote:
mrizza wrote:We had such a big group of TLSers talking at timmy's tonight, didn't see either of you though. i'm the idiot with the totally non anon name for future reference
Don't forget you also have a picture of yourself as your tar.
Don't we all?

feralinfant

Silver

Post by feralinfant » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:30 pm

So for those who've decided to take the plunge and deposit, when are y'all looking to move to Chicago? It's looking like early July for me and if there's anyone else loafing about this summer i think some TLS meetup shenanigans are probably in order.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:22 pm

feralinfant wrote:So for those who've decided to take the plunge and deposit, when are y'all looking to move to Chicago? It's looking like early July for me and if there's anyone else loafing about this summer i think some TLS meetup shenanigans are probably in order.
For those of you who are moving in early, I'll be working in Chicago this summer, so I'll be around if y'all wanna hang out!

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:58 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
feralinfant wrote:So for those who've decided to take the plunge and deposit, when are y'all looking to move to Chicago? It's looking like early July for me and if there's anyone else loafing about this summer i think some TLS meetup shenanigans are probably in order.
For those of you who are moving in early, I'll be working in Chicago this summer, so I'll be around if y'all wanna hang out!
seconded!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MAHamlin

Bronze

Post by MAHamlin » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:30 pm

I'm not really certain when I'll be moving, yet. A lot of it depends on when my wife finds a job and how quickly we can get our house here rented. On the job note, if anyone has any leads on HIV/AIDS jobs in Chicago please feel free to PM me details or advice; my wife is a licensed clinical social worker in the field and will be looking to continue in that role in Chicago.

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:03 am

So I'm assuming no one heard anything back about scholarships today. Are we expecting it be similar to initial offers, where we'll likely all hear back at about the same time? Any 1Ls able to shed light on how it happened last year?

testaker

New

Post by testaker » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:02 pm

And does anyone know whether they will still expect us to respond by the same April 12th deadline, if they increase our award?

onix

New

Post by onix » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:16 pm

Is it a common practice to ask for an extension for the attendance decision response?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

PBateman1

Bronze

Post by PBateman1 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:21 pm

Hey guys, I'm not the most active member on here but I thought I'd let you know that I have put down my deposit and will be attending NU in the fall. I'm super excited, and I'm sure that I have posted enough personal details on here to be outed eventually. So I'll look for you TLS'ers when I get up there in August.

cookiejar1

Silver

Post by cookiejar1 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:19 am

Haven't been able to log on ALL weekend but needless to say I had a blast at ASW. The TLS reunion in Timmy's was really fun too although Rizza did point out later the next day that there were many, many, many details that I seemed to have, erm, forgotten from that night.

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:24 pm

PBateman1 wrote:Hey guys, I'm not the most active member on here but I thought I'd let you know that I have put down my deposit and will be attending NU in the fall. I'm super excited, and I'm sure that I have posted enough personal details on here to be outed eventually. So I'll look for you TLS'ers when I get up there in August.
Yeah all those details about the prostitutes you murdered may out you pretty fast. And I hear your business card is sub-par.

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:26 pm

onix wrote:Is it a common practice to ask for an extension for the attendance decision response?
Yes (in general, not sure about NU specifically but I don't see how they could avoid getting extension requests).
You should request an extension as early as possible though when you know you will need one (and with a good reason why). But shoot them an email or call and ask and see what they say.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

FlowBro

Bronze

Post by FlowBro » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:33 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
onix wrote:Is it a common practice to ask for an extension for the attendance decision response?
Yes (in general, not sure about NU specifically but I don't see how they could avoid getting extension requests).
You should request an extension as early as possible though when you know you will need one (and with a good reason why). But shoot them an email or call and ask and see what they say.
Anybody had any success with this yet?

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:07 pm

Just deposited. It's offic y'all.

intlsplitr

Bronze

Post by intlsplitr » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:33 pm

Micdiddy wrote:Just deposited. It's offic y'all.
Congrats!

MDeeGee

New

Post by MDeeGee » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:08 pm

Hey everyone, really excited here about NU and making the move to Chicago (well maybe except the whole winter thing, I'm from Miami after all). Just wondering if anyone has received a financial aid award and has tried to appeal it, and if so, how and did you have any luck with getting it increased?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

guinness1547

Silver

Post by guinness1547 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:33 pm

MDeeGee wrote:Hey everyone, really excited here about NU and making the move to Chicago (well maybe except the whole winter thing, I'm from Miami after all). Just wondering if anyone has received a financial aid award and has tried to appeal it, and if so, how and did you have any luck with getting it increased?
I tried and was not successful, but with my numbers I was surprised to even have gotten an initial offer.

intlsplitr

Bronze

Post by intlsplitr » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:34 pm

MDeeGee wrote:Hey everyone, really excited here about NU and making the move to Chicago (well maybe except the whole winter thing, I'm from Miami after all). Just wondering if anyone has received a financial aid award and has tried to appeal it, and if so, how and did you have any luck with getting it increased?
Check the applicants thread. There are a few of us that requested an increase and were successful.

oaken

Bronze

Post by oaken » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:45 pm

intlsplitr wrote:
Check the applicants thread. There are a few of us that requested an increase and were successful.
just make sure you don't call it an "appeal"

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:53 am

Micdiddy wrote:Just deposited. It's offic y'all.
+1
8)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”