Northwestern Class of 2016

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
M458
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby M458 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:48 am

mrizza wrote:
bobloblawstudent wrote:super excited for asw!! i'm coming in from socal as well. flying up on thurs and i'll probably get into the city around 8 or 9.

anyone wanna grab a drink thursday night? i promise i'm not a craigslist killer, just a super friendly cali girl haha

we should all have a TLS meetup on thursday (we'll be safe from bob if we show up in numbers that way too)


Count me in as well. I'm originally from NorCal, but live in Chicago now.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Cobretti » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:31 am

twinkletoes16 wrote:Trying to find a lot of data on NU's placement in CA...if anyone finds more data please post here or PM me! I have ties to NorCal and SoCal and would be happy in either, but I know for sure I want to be in CA after LS.

I've been crosschecking these two databases:
NLJ250 Data By School/Firm
Vault Socal
Vault Norcal

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Cobretti » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:34 am

M458 wrote:
mrizza wrote:
bobloblawstudent wrote:super excited for asw!! i'm coming in from socal as well. flying up on thurs and i'll probably get into the city around 8 or 9.

anyone wanna grab a drink thursday night? i promise i'm not a craigslist killer, just a super friendly cali girl haha

we should all have a TLS meetup on thursday (we'll be safe from bob if we show up in numbers that way too)


Count me in as well. I'm originally from NorCal, but live in Chicago now.

Nice, as our forward observer you should probably pick the bar

User avatar
moneyball026
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:07 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby moneyball026 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:09 am

mrizza wrote:
M458 wrote:
mrizza wrote:
bobloblawstudent wrote:super excited for asw!! i'm coming in from socal as well. flying up on thurs and i'll probably get into the city around 8 or 9.

anyone wanna grab a drink thursday night? i promise i'm not a craigslist killer, just a super friendly cali girl haha

we should all have a TLS meetup on thursday (we'll be safe from bob if we show up in numbers that way too)


Count me in as well. I'm originally from NorCal, but live in Chicago now.

Nice, as our forward observer you should probably pick the bar


I'm in on this. Landing at 5:30, probably can go out by 7 or 8.

M458
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby M458 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:13 am

Assuming you guys are all staying somewhat close by to NU around the Streeterville area?

moneyball, if you're landing at that time, definitely take the El. Will be much quicker than a cab and loads cheaper.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Cobretti » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:21 am

M458 wrote:Assuming you guys are all staying somewhat close by to NU around the Streeterville area?

moneyball, if you're landing at that time, definitely take the El. Will be much quicker than a cab and loads cheaper.

I'm staying in south loop, but we should stick to nearby NU

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:25 pm

FYI, I am apparently doing ALL THE THINGS at ASW. (I signed up for several, hoping to get 1 or 2. lol at me.)
Friday afternoon campus tour
Friday dinner at FoodLife
Saturday morning campus tour (ugh, 8am??)
Saturday boxed lunch with students

You may see me around. I'll likely be the unfashionable one in hiking shoes and NU sweatshirts.

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:52 pm

I've missed the past few Admissions Committee meetings so I'm so out of the loop. I don't think I signed up for anything, I'm going to have to email Jill like a dumbface. :cry:

MAHamlin
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:58 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby MAHamlin » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:54 pm

I would be up for meeting Thursday evening over a few drinks. Not sure exactly when I'll be in town, but it should mid mid to late afternoon.

guinness1547
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:13 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby guinness1547 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:07 pm

We're all down to get crazy drunk at least one of the nights, right?

Edit: says the guy whose screen name is a beer.

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby twinkletoes16 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:30 pm

guinness1547 wrote:We're all down to get crazy drunk at least one of the nights, right?

Edit: says the guy whose screen name is a beer.



If the previous shambly ASW is any indication, then yes. Will try to tone it down this time though.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Cobretti » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:32 pm

guinness1547 wrote:We're all down to get crazy drunk at least one of the nights, right?

Edit: says the guy whose screen name is a beer.

Crazy drunk by 28 yr old standards? Probably
Crazy drunk by 22 yr old standards? Hellllllllllll no

User avatar
Save_Ferris
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Save_Ferris » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:34 pm

Checking in! Pretty sold on Northwestern but can't say 100% until after ASW since I've never been to Chicago. I'm flying in from NY Thursday morning to try and check out apartments, but I'm down for this TLS meet up later on! :D

Fitz51
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Fitz51 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:39 pm

Save_Ferris wrote:Checking in! Pretty sold on Northwestern but can't say 100% until after ASW since I've never been to Chicago. I'm flying in from NY Thursday morning to try and check out apartments, but I'm down for this TLS meet up later on! :D


That name, that avatar....and never been to Chicago?? I'm so confused!

I'll be at ASW, down for a meet up so I don't have to eat my Lunchable by myself at some point.

dolfan0516
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:26 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby dolfan0516 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:31 pm

Bar review is on Thursday night. If you're in town, you should definitely go. It'll be a great way to meet current and other admitted students, drink, and just have a fun time at a local bar/club.

User avatar
Save_Ferris
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Save_Ferris » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:41 pm

Fitz51 wrote:
Save_Ferris wrote:Checking in! Pretty sold on Northwestern but can't say 100% until after ASW since I've never been to Chicago. I'm flying in from NY Thursday morning to try and check out apartments, but I'm down for this TLS meet up later on! :D


That name, that avatar....and never been to Chicago?? I'm so confused!


haha I know this trip is long overdue!

Bar review is on Thursday night. If you're in town, you should definitely go. It'll be a great way to meet current and other admitted students, drink, and just have a fun time at a local bar/club.


bar review sounds like a good idea to me

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Cobretti » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:03 pm

Save_Ferris wrote:
Bar review is on Thursday night. If you're in town, you should definitely go. It'll be a great way to meet current and other admitted students, drink, and just have a fun time at a local bar/club.


bar review sounds like a good idea to me

+1

User avatar
naw
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby naw » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:46 pm

HEY. hey. Can I come too? I'll be in town early on Thursday.

User avatar
Kikero
Posts: 1208
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Kikero » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:57 pm

naw wrote:HEY. hey. Can I come too? I'll be in town early on Thursday.


Everyone's welcome at bar review. I'll post the bar information once it gets sent out to the class (normally Monday or Tuesday).

User avatar
GatorFan305
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:09 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby GatorFan305 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:21 pm

Hey guys! I'm coming to ASW as well! I should be getting there on Thursday. I'm doing a United buddy pass, so it's anyone's guess, but I'm signed up for a Thursday morning flight so I should be at Bar Review! I'll be the one who looks like she had a 6 AM flight from Miami.

Related note- where is everyone getting the schedules for the weekend?

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Cobretti » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:51 pm

GatorFan305 wrote:Hey guys! I'm coming to ASW as well! I should be getting there on Thursday. I'm doing a United buddy pass, so it's anyone's guess, but I'm signed up for a Thursday morning flight so I should be at Bar Review! I'll be the one who looks like she had a 6 AM flight from Miami.

Related note- where is everyone getting the schedules for the weekend?

http://www.law.northwestern.edu/admissions/newstudent/documents/Agenda_ASW.pdf
please bring miami weather with you

User avatar
GatorFan305
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:09 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby GatorFan305 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:54 am

mrizza wrote:
GatorFan305 wrote:Hey guys! I'm coming to ASW as well! I should be getting there on Thursday. I'm doing a United buddy pass, so it's anyone's guess, but I'm signed up for a Thursday morning flight so I should be at Bar Review! I'll be the one who looks like she had a 6 AM flight from Miami.

Related note- where is everyone getting the schedules for the weekend?

http://www.law.northwestern.edu/admissions/newstudent/documents/Agenda_ASW.pdf
please bring miami weather with you


It didn't work for the Michigan ASW but I'll try. Thank you for the link!

framboozer
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby framboozer » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:39 pm

My plane tickets are officially booked. I will be arriving in Chicago on Thursday and will be staying in the Streeterville area.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby franklyscarlet » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:40 pm

Kikero wrote:
naw wrote:HEY. hey. Can I come too? I'll be in town early on Thursday.


Everyone's welcome at bar review. I'll post the bar information once it gets sent out to the class (normally Monday or Tuesday).


Yes yes yes! Come to bar review!

User avatar
moneyball026
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:07 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby moneyball026 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:10 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
Kikero wrote:
naw wrote:HEY. hey. Can I come too? I'll be in town early on Thursday.


Everyone's welcome at bar review. I'll post the bar information once it gets sent out to the class (normally Monday or Tuesday).


Yes yes yes! Come to bar review!


"What/where is bar review?", says the noob who will be arriving on thursday




Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest