Northwestern Class of 2016

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby shntn » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:53 pm

Where da cash at?

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Cobretti » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:07 pm

shntn wrote:Where da cash at?

Soon...
Image

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby franklyscarlet » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:22 pm

Hi Guys! Just dropping in to say if anyone is around early for ASW and would like to have lunch/coffee and talk about northwestern, feel free to get in touch. We're all so excited to have you guys here! A few unsolicited tips because I'm on spring break and Northwestern has made me love it so much that I want you all to love it too:

1)if you can, share a hotel with a TLSer or another admit you know. It's really nice to have someone going home to the same place, especially if you're unfamiliar with the city, and even better to arrive with someone for those awkward moments before you get to know people!
2) take advantage of Chicago. Grab a 3 day CTA pass at the airport. Go places! Go to the follies after-party and continue on from there. go out again on Saturday. Don't worry too much about sleep, you'll get that when you get home! This city is amazing. If you need tips on where to go, ask current students.
3) Get contact info/facebook friend the people you meet and like, and stay in touch! Because our ASW is so late, odds are high a lot of them will attend. I met some of my best friends at ASW.
4)Don't be afraid to talk to current students! I can't speak for everyone, but if I'm sitting in the atrium, I don't mind at all if people strike up conversations. Each student's experience is different and it's really cool to get as many perspectives as possible.

and, of course, have fun! NU is the best place ever (I may be biased...) and you're all going to love it here!

User avatar
cookiejar1
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby cookiejar1 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:55 pm

Where could one find the largest cheapest alcoholic beverages in Streeterville? Not that that is my number one priority...

But it's the first question I'll ask.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Cobretti » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:56 pm

Just got a NU luggage tag with a personal note from Johann. He finished it with "PS this is not a haiku" lol

MAHamlin
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:58 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby MAHamlin » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:14 pm

mrizza wrote:Just got a NU luggage tag with a personal note from Johann. He finished it with "PS this is not a haiku" lol


I also recently received the NU luggage tag. The personal note is a nice touch. I love that Johann mentioned the haiku fiasco in yours! I'm really getting excited about NU!

User avatar
oaken
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:27 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby oaken » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:36 pm

mrizza wrote:Just got a NU luggage tag with a personal note from Johann. He finished it with "PS this is not a haiku" lol


that is fucking great

User avatar
cookiejar1
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby cookiejar1 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:46 am

mrizza wrote:Just got a NU luggage tag with a personal note from Johann. He finished it with "PS this is not a haiku" lol

mrizza wrote:Just got a NU luggage tag with a personal note from Johann. He finished it with "PS this is not a haiku" lol


What haiku fiasco?

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Cobretti » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:19 am

cookiejar1 wrote:What haiku fiasco?

Not a fiasco, just a funny story that started from johann tweeting about a scholly essay he got that was 3 lines. So we started joking about it in the other thread (http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=193160&start=3900). And he responded to a tweet about it (https://twitter.com/tweetsbyjohann/status/313773111612948480)

User avatar
cookiejar1
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby cookiejar1 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:49 am

mrizza wrote:
cookiejar1 wrote:What haiku fiasco?

Not a fiasco, just a funny story that started from johann tweeting about a scholly essay he got that was 3 lines. So we started joking about it in the other thread (http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=193160&start=3900). And he responded to a tweet about it (https://twitter.com/tweetsbyjohann/status/313773111612948480)


For now on if you need any fantasy football advice you just come to me. Stalked your twitter page so well Johann would be proud of me.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Cobretti » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:57 am

cookiejar1 wrote:
mrizza wrote:
cookiejar1 wrote:What haiku fiasco?

Not a fiasco, just a funny story that started from johann tweeting about a scholly essay he got that was 3 lines. So we started joking about it in the other thread (http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=193160&start=3900). And he responded to a tweet about it (https://twitter.com/tweetsbyjohann/status/313773111612948480)


For now on if you need any fantasy football advice you just come to me. Stalked your twitter page so well Johann would be proud of me.

Bro I won my league last year, you don't even know. Knowshon Moreno and Michael Crabtree off the waiver wire halfway through the season... I'm the oracle.

edit: but seriously let's do a NU TLSers league
Last edited by Cobretti on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

FlowBro
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby FlowBro » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:58 am

Flight booked from Cali for ASW, we better do it big!

As Bart Scott would say, "Can't Wait !!!"

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Cobretti » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:02 am

FlowBro wrote:Flight booked from Cali for ASW, we better do it big!

As Bart Scott would say, "Can't Wait !!!"

socal??

FlowBro
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby FlowBro » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:04 am

mrizza wrote:
FlowBro wrote:Flight booked from Cali for ASW, we better do it big!

As Bart Scott would say, "Can't Wait !!!"

socal??


Indeed

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Cobretti » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:12 am

FlowBro wrote:
mrizza wrote:
FlowBro wrote:Flight booked from Cali for ASW, we better do it big!

As Bart Scott would say, "Can't Wait !!!"

socal??


Indeed

nice, same here

User avatar
cookiejar1
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby cookiejar1 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:14 am

SoCal too. What a beautiful day we had today. I actually might have even complained that it was too hot.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Cobretti » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:17 am

cookiejar1 wrote:SoCal too. What a beautiful day we had today. I actually might have even complained that it was too hot.

it was marginally nicer than chicago i imagine

FlowBro
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby FlowBro » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:25 am

cookiejar1 wrote:SoCal too. What a beautiful day we had today. I actually might have even complained that it was too hot.


Depending on where you were. Where I'm at it was a pristine 73 and clear. Even took my dog for two walks since it was so nice out.

If only there wasn't March Madness I would have been outside all day!

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:53 am

mrizza wrote:
cookiejar1 wrote:What haiku fiasco?

Not a fiasco, just a funny story that started from johann tweeting about a scholly essay he got that was 3 lines. So we started joking about it in the other thread (http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=193160&start=3900). And he responded to a tweet about it (https://twitter.com/tweetsbyjohann/status/313773111612948480)

Johann is awesome. (:

Stop talking about all your fantastic socal weather...I miss LA weather!

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby twinkletoes16 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:18 am

I like all the cali reppin we have going on in here.


i'm getting in thursday mid-morning so would love people to hang out with and explore the city. Got an email about staying with a student too, can't wait!

MAHamlin
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:58 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby MAHamlin » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:24 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:Stop talking about all your fantastic socal weather


+1! I just measured 7 inches of snow on top of my grill and the snow is still falling... damned Indiana weather!

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby Cobretti » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:07 am

Going camping for a few days and won't have internet access, if schollies get sent out can someone fly a carrier pigeon to joshua tree for me? Thx

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby shntn » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:02 pm

So it looks as though only full-rides (basically) have been released as of now, and only to people with pretty high GPAs. :|

I don't have a good feeling about this.

User avatar
feralinfant
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby feralinfant » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:10 pm

shntn wrote:So it looks as though only full-rides (basically) have been released as of now, and only to people with pretty high GPAs. :|

I don't have a good feeling about this.


+1.

Johann give me a sign if i should resume sacrificing small-mediumish animals in your name.

guinness1547
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:13 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby guinness1547 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:37 pm

feralinfant wrote:
shntn wrote:So it looks as though only full-rides (basically) have been released as of now, and only to people with pretty high GPAs. :|

I don't have a good feeling about this.


+1.

Johann give me a sign if i should resume sacrificing small-mediumish animals in your name.


Already behind the curve, I see? I've kept a steady flow of rams going since I applied.




Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest