Northwestern Class of 2016

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
crumpetsandtea

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:53 am

KremeCheez wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:Wow, Entrance Counseling suggests I should make 209,000 a year to repay my loans. Yeah, that'd be nice. I hate to say it but I wonder what they "suggest" for people paying sticker :(

Interesting way to say you have a scholarship, bro.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/micdiddy

I think McDiddy might be McDiddy...

ETA: Sorry if I totally just outed you, bro.

...Cool? Surprisingly, we rising 2Ls/3Ls don't spend any time at all checking out the most recent year's applicants' LSN info, so his very obvious LSN transparency about scholarships for you does not translate to the same knowledge with us. :wink:

ETA: I feel like my response sounds too snarky for what I intended. I just don't understand what you were trying to say by comparing McDiddy to himself.
Last edited by crumpetsandtea on Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:59 am

I'm pretty sure Micdiddy used the same name for LSN because that's what 90% of TLSers do, not because he was trying to brag about a scholly.

bananasplit19

Postby bananasplit19 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:05 am

Shoot, if I got $120K from Johann and Pals, I'd be yelling about it to everyone I met, on TLS or in person. :twisted:

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:15 am

KremeCheez wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:Wow, Entrance Counseling suggests I should make 209,000 a year to repay my loans. Yeah, that'd be nice. I hate to say it but I wonder what they "suggest" for people paying sticker :(

Interesting way to say you have a scholarship, bro.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/micdiddy

I think McDiddy might be McDiddy...

ETA: Sorry if I totally just outed you, bro.

Cobretti wrote:I'm pretty sure Micdiddy used the same name for LSN because that's what 90% of TLSers do, not because he was trying to brag about a scholly.

Lol, yeah that's my lsn. I had it linked on my profile literally forever so don't worry about outing me.
Not quite sure how I am so capable of disappearing for a week and then successfully (and unintentionally) derailing this thread within hours, but it makes me think I would be a damn fine troll if I ever chose that route.

simplycatalina

Postby simplycatalina » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:13 am

would it be useful to have a bike? have one in SF but i'm living in Onterie so won't need it to go to campus. not sure what the biking scene is like or how beneficial it could potentially be.

cookiejar1

Postby cookiejar1 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:15 am

I don't get what the deal about humblebrag / bragging is. I'm happy for micdiddy. Happy enough to let him buy me shots. #helpmeimpoor

Magnalum

Postby Magnalum » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:47 am

Last edited by Magnalum on Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magnalum

Postby Magnalum » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:52 am

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:39 am

Magnalum wrote:
simplycatalina wrote:would it be useful to have a bike? have one in SF but i'm living in Onterie so won't need it to go to campus. not sure what the biking scene is like or how beneficial it could potentially be.

I have a friend in Evanston who bikes to work downtown regularly. Not sure how common it is, but it can be done.

Biking on the lakeshore trail (for commute or recreation) is ideal as long as the weather isn't horrible, but the city is not bike-friendly.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:15 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
Magnalum wrote:
simplycatalina wrote:would it be useful to have a bike? have one in SF but i'm living in Onterie so won't need it to go to campus. not sure what the biking scene is like or how beneficial it could potentially be.

I have a friend in Evanston who bikes to work downtown regularly. Not sure how common it is, but it can be done.

Biking on the lakeshore trail (for commute or recreation) is ideal as long as the weather isn't horrible, but the city is not bike-friendly.

I beg to differ w/r/t the latter statement - it depends on where you're coming from. It's flat, there are a good # of bikers when it's warm out, and although it IS city biking (with all the negatives that come with city biking), it seems totally doable if you've biked in a city before, know your hand signals/how to act as a bike in the road/are courteous to other drivers. I think rink might be biased because she's from Portland.

onionz

Postby onionz » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:20 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
Magnalum wrote:

I beg to differ w/r/t the latter statement - it depends on where you're coming from. It's flat, there are a good # of bikers when it's warm out, and although it IS city biking (with all the negatives that come with city biking), it seems totally doable if you've biked in a city before, know your hand signals/how to act as a bike in the road/are courteous to other drivers. I think rink might be biased because she's from Portland.

Agreed with crumps. And the city is actually pushing to slowly become even more bike-friendly.

Solistus

Postby Solistus » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:23 am

For anyone else who's uninsured / otherwise worried about getting the immunization stuff in on time, some helpful info from the actual form we have to submit:

* If you don't submit on time, you can still start the term normally. If you don't rectify it by 30 days after classes start, you pay a $100 fee. Also, you can't register for classes for the next semester until you deal with it.

* If you can't get the required immunization records from a previous school (your undergrad and possibly even your high school may have this on file), a previous doctor, immigration records, etc., you can get a blood test to prove that you're vaccinated.

edit: also, lol at the loan promissory notes saying you should make $209k to pay off loans with a $120k scholarship. So if you get the full 150k scholly, and $160k biglaw salary on graduation, you should just barely be able to pay off your loans. Sounds about right.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:14 pm

Cobretti wrote:To be clear, we only need to submit a transcript from our degree granting institution right?

FYI you do have to send in all of your transcripts just like for LSAC.

simplycatalina

Postby simplycatalina » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:12 pm

So Sutter just told me that in order to get my medical information from them I have to go to the last doctor's office I went to, which is an hour drive from where I live now...this is ridiculous...

Solistus

Postby Solistus » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:16 pm

simplycatalina wrote:So Sutter just told me that in order to get my medical information from them I have to go to the last doctor's office I went to, which is an hour drive from where I live now...this is ridiculous...

I emailed the university health office for my undergrad and they sent me my vaccination records. Looks like I need a tetanus booster, fun fun... I wonder if I can just get that for free at the campus health office when I get there? I'm a year past the 10 year cutoff, guess I'll have to stop playing with rusty nails till I get that taken care of.

simplycatalina

Postby simplycatalina » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:29 pm

Solistus wrote:
simplycatalina wrote:So Sutter just told me that in order to get my medical information from them I have to go to the last doctor's office I went to, which is an hour drive from where I live now...this is ridiculous...

I emailed the university health office for my undergrad and they sent me my vaccination records. Looks like I need a tetanus booster, fun fun... I wonder if I can just get that for free at the campus health office when I get there? I'm a year past the 10 year cutoff, guess I'll have to stop playing with rusty nails till I get that taken care of.

At least your university uses email. First I tried Sutter and then I tried my university and they said they only use fax/snail mail when it comes to health records. Who the hell faxes things anymore?

M458

Postby M458 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:47 pm

simplycatalina wrote:
Solistus wrote:

At least your university uses email. First I tried Sutter and then I tried my university and they said they only use fax/snail mail when it comes to health records. Who the hell faxes things anymore?

Your health records are on their way:

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:58 pm

I'm getting my University to mail me the records as well. I'm not even sure if the Tdap they have will still be valid and might have to run to a Safeway for another one last minute :/

KremeCheez

Postby KremeCheez » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:31 pm

I got a booster like 6-7 years ago at an ER...not sure how to go about pulling that one. Might be easier to just get a booster (although with no health insurance...?).

As for the form itself, a doctor/nurse still needs to fill it out and sign it? The actual records themselves don't do the trick? Luckily my mom kept all my original immunization certificates...

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:41 pm

KremeCheez wrote:I got a booster like 6-7 years ago at an ER...not sure how to go about pulling that one. Might be easier to just get a booster (although with no health insurance...?).

As for the form itself, a doctor/nurse still needs to fill it out and sign it? The actual records themselves don't do the trick? Luckily my mom kept all my original immunization certificates...

Actually you only have to fill out the Part 2 if you aren't submitting a copy of your immunization records.

2. Student should complete PARTS I, III, IV, and V of this form. If under 18, also complete PART VI with your parent.
3. Provide proof of immunization by submitting ONE of the following:
• PART II: REQUIRED IMMUNIZATIONS (page 2) completed by a healthcare professional. This page must be signed and dated by the healthcare professional to be valid, OR
Submit a copy of your immunization record from your physician, former high school or university or other official immunization record, such as immigration paperwork, which lists all required immunizations.
Note: Students with no immunization records have the option to complete blood tests to prove immunity or be re-vaccinated.

cookiejar1

Postby cookiejar1 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:23 pm

So worst case scenario is to show up at the health office come August and get tested? "Students with no immunization records have the option to complete blood tests to prove immunity or be re-vaccinated."

Gotta get off of these PEDs.

bethanyrose09

Postby bethanyrose09 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:28 pm

Last edited by bethanyrose09 on Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Magnalum

Postby Magnalum » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:32 pm

bethanyrose09

Postby bethanyrose09 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:42 pm

Last edited by bethanyrose09 on Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

dstars823

Postby dstars823 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:48 pm

i think many of us off the wait list have asked and the general consensus from admissions is that there is no money for us really unless you are URM but it doesnt hurt to ask

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”