Northwestern Class of 2016

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
KremeCheez

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Postby KremeCheez » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Cobretti wrote:Anyone else worried excited they're gonna make Kanye's kid our new mascot?

Yes.

KremeCheez

Postby KremeCheez » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:43 pm

Solistus wrote:I like how it suggests starting to look for an apartment next month "for a September 1 lease", when there are mandatory events for the last week in August.

I also like how parking passes for the academic year begin October 1st...

simplycatalina

Postby simplycatalina » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:44 pm

KremeCheez wrote:
Cobretti wrote:Anyone else worried excited they're gonna make Kanye's kid our new mascot?

Yes.

No.

apparently they named her that because it represents the "highest point" in their relationship. what a clever bunch they are.

pammie0415

Postby pammie0415 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:02 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:
NU Pre-Matric Guide wrote:You must submit an Admission Health Record (“AHR”) demonstrating that you have received all required vaccinations by July 15 even though the form says the deadline is July 1.

Thanks for the clarification!

Also, just wondering if everyone is seeing the same thing. I paid my deposit a while back but online, it still shows the option for me to pay my $750 deposit. It's making me wonder if the payment went through. Or it's just how the system is and it doesn't show that it has been paid..

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:03 pm

pammie0415 wrote:
bananasplit19 wrote:
NU Pre-Matric Guide wrote:You must submit an Admission Health Record (“AHR”) demonstrating that you have received all required vaccinations by July 15 even though the form says the deadline is July 1.

Also, just wondering if everyone is seeing the same thing. I paid my deposit a while back but online, it still shows the option for me to pay my $750 deposit. It's making me wonder if the payment went through. Or it's just how the system is and it doesn't show that it has been paid..

You can log into the status checker and it should have a final update that your deposit was received.

pammie0415

Postby pammie0415 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:15 pm

Cobretti wrote:
pammie0415 wrote:
bananasplit19 wrote:

You can log into the status checker and it should have a final update that your deposit was received.

Thank you!! Just checked. It's there. Phew.. Panicked for a bit lol..

KremeCheez

Postby KremeCheez » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:11 am

Today an avatar.
Tomorrow? A mystery.

simplycatalina

Postby simplycatalina » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:58 am

Anyone else counting down the days until August? I honestly can't deal with work anymore.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:31 am

simplycatalina wrote:Anyone else counting down the days until August? I honestly can't deal with work anymore.

+1
This last month is going to be so slow

KremeCheez

Postby KremeCheez » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:26 am

Cobretti wrote:
simplycatalina wrote:Anyone else counting down the days until August? I honestly can't deal with work anymore.

+1

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em.

CalAlumni

Postby CalAlumni » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:01 pm

Got another email from Cristina....too bad I can't attend the housing event.

CalAlumni

Postby CalAlumni » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:02 pm

pammie0415 wrote:
bananasplit19 wrote:

I got fooled by that too a while back...I paid the deposit twice lol.

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:21 pm

Cobretti wrote:

+1

All the brimming with excitement I felt towards the latter end of my cycle, when scholarships were coming in and final decisions were near and obsessive 0L anxiety of researching hornbooks was at its fullest, has slowly waned to what now can only be described as a Stringer Bell impatience for the inevitable...
"Well get on with it Mother Fu---"

cookiejar1

Postby cookiejar1 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:09 pm

I may have actually taken everyone's advice too seriously and am currently on track to binge drinking my way towards morbid obesity. So that's my summer.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:27 pm

cookiejar1 wrote:I may have actually taken everyone's advice too seriously and am currently on track to binge drinking my way towards morbid obesity. So that's my summer.

Careful, don't forget you also have an impending 1L 30 coming after school starts.
Micdiddy wrote:
Cobretti wrote:

+1

All the brimming with excitement I felt towards the latter end of my cycle, when scholarships were coming in and final decisions were near and obsessive 0L anxiety of researching hornbooks was at its fullest, has slowly waned to what now can only be described as a Stringer Bell impatience for the inevitable...
"Well get on with it Mother Fu---"

Hitting the wall already?? This is a marathon son!

bananasplit19

Postby bananasplit19 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:30 pm

Cobretti wrote:
cookiejar1 wrote:I may have actually taken everyone's advice too seriously and am currently on track to binge drinking my way towards morbid obesity. So that's my summer.

Careful, don't forget you also have an impending 1L 30 coming after school starts.

Isn't conventional wisdom that you'll get simultaneously fat from sitting in the library, and skinny because Adderall is a hell of a drug?

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:39 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:
Cobretti wrote:

Isn't conventional wisdom that you'll get simultaneously fat from sitting in the library, and skinny because Adderall is a hell of a drug?

I heard D-Rod is gonna start testing for PEDs before finals

feralinfant

Postby feralinfant » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:51 pm

man finding medical records sort of sucks when you move around a lot and don't go to the doctor much

for a minute there i thought i was going to have to get a tetanus shot. at least i get to pass on that.

jn7

Postby jn7 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:59 pm

I've been a ninja on TLS for a while and finally decided to join.

This may have been discussed before, but I've heard many apartments have either 60 or 30 day notices for tenants leaving. Do you think a lot of new places will open up starting July for early August move in? I'm hesitant to go for something now if a bunch will open up in the coming weeks.

bananasplit19

Postby bananasplit19 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:06 pm

jn7 wrote:I've been a ninja on TLS for a while and finally decided to join.

This may have been discussed before, but I've heard many apartments have either 60 or 30 day notices for tenants leaving. Do you think a lot of new places will open up starting July for early August move in? I'm hesitant to go for something now if a bunch will open up in the coming weeks.

Welcome to our menagerie. 8)

I'm a 0L from not-Chicago, so take with a grain of salt. But my read has been that open season has just started a couple weeks ago. I get the impression that more places will open up in the next couple weeks, but that they'll be pretty similar to what's already out there in terms of location and price. If you see something you like, I would jump on it instead of hoping for a better/cheaper substitute down the line.

simplycatalina

Postby simplycatalina » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:11 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:

I'm a 0L from not-Chicago, so take with a grain of salt. But my read has been that open season has just started a couple weeks ago. I get the impression that more places will open up in the next couple weeks, but that they'll be pretty similar to what's already out there in terms of location and price. If you see something you like, I would jump on it instead of hoping for a better/cheaper substitute down the line.

I'm also a 0L not from Chicago but I visited last week to look for places. If you're interested in living in any of the high rises close to campus (Onterie, McClurg) my understanding is that the prices will increase throughout the summer, so it's better to jump on those ASAP. Or at least that's what they told us (anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

jn7

Postby jn7 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:26 pm

simplycatalina wrote:
bananasplit19 wrote:

I'm also a 0L not from Chicago but I visited last week to look for places. If you're interested in living in any of the high rises close to campus (Onterie, McClurg) my understanding is that the prices will increase throughout the summer, so it's better to jump on those ASAP. Or at least that's what they told us (anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

Thanks! I think the high rises are in high demand. I talked to a couple of those places a few weeks ago and they said there was already a waitlist. I'm looking for anything that's a reasonable walking distance to the school--maybe ~ a couple miles. I'll probably go soon and secure a place.

bananasplit19

Postby bananasplit19 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:34 pm

jn7 wrote:I'm looking for anything that's a reasonable walking distance to the school--maybe ~ a couple miles. I'll probably go soon and secure a place.

If you're like me and not used to Chicago weather, your definition of "reasonable walking distance" may change based on 90-degree heat and whiteout blizzard conditions. :lol:

On a related note, whenever I tell people I'm going to Chicago for school, they always start off their reaction with some variant of "lolcold."

simplycatalina

Postby simplycatalina » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:38 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:
jn7 wrote:I'm looking for anything that's a reasonable walking distance to the school--maybe ~ a couple miles. I'll probably go soon and secure a place.

If you're like me and not used to Chicago weather, your definition of "reasonable walking distance" may change based on 90-degree heat and whiteout blizzard conditions. :lol:

On a related note, whenever I tell people I'm going to Chicago for school, they always start off their reaction with some variant of "lolcold."

Same here. My best friend keeps sending me links to a million jacket sales. I know it's really cold but I think everyone I know used to 50 being the coldest it gets imagines I'm moving to like Alaska.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:41 pm

simplycatalina wrote:
bananasplit19 wrote:

Same here. My best friend keeps sending me links to a million jacket sales. I know it's really cold but I think everyone I know used to 50 being the coldest it gets imagines I'm moving to like Alaska.

Well once you're down in negatives it all feels the same, so its not too different from Alaska. Sorry :lol:

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”