Northwestern Class of 2016 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
Solistus

Bronze

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Post by Solistus » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:26 pm

LRGhost wrote:
Solistus wrote:Found a place on day 2 of my 4 day apartment hunt. 775, off Clark & Deming with a red line stop and bus stop nearby. There's also a Trader Joe's and a bunch of good, cheap ethnic food on Clark... Pretty awesome location.

Now, to figure out what to do with two free days in Chicago...
Are most people looking outside of Streetersville/NNS/Gold Coast or whatever neighborhood the school is in?
I looked in NNS. The best deal I could find was 200 more... For 180 square feet.

I guess a lot of people end up in Onterie/McClurg, but I'd rather have 5-600 more a month to spend on everything else.

LRGhost

Gold

Post by LRGhost » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:34 pm

Solistus wrote:
LRGhost wrote:
Solistus wrote:Found a place on day 2 of my 4 day apartment hunt. 775, off Clark & Deming with a red line stop and bus stop nearby. There's also a Trader Joe's and a bunch of good, cheap ethnic food on Clark... Pretty awesome location.

Now, to figure out what to do with two free days in Chicago...
Are most people looking outside of Streetersville/NNS/Gold Coast or whatever neighborhood the school is in?
I looked in NNS. The best deal I could find was 200 more... For 180 square feet.

I guess a lot of people end up in Onterie/McClurg, but I'd rather have 5-600 more a month to spend on everything else.
I agree though I'd prefer to live nearer to the school. Do you have any suggestions for other buildings to look at? I think there are better places than Onterie/McClurg both in price, space, and amenities.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:51 pm

simplycatalina wrote:Know I asked something similar before but thoughts on bringing a bike if I'm in onterie?
Good for working out during the Fall/Summer, useless to commute to school in. It will literally take you longer to get your bike, ride it to school (assuming you follow traffic signs and the law and stuff), and lock it up than it would take to just walk from Onterie.

simplycatalina

Silver

Post by simplycatalina » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:16 pm

cookiejar1 wrote:Anyone know the nightlife stereotypes of Wicker Park v. Lincoln Park?

Hahaha, just kidding my nightlife will be pritzker legal research center.
If you're at all familiar with SF nightlife, I understand that Wicker Park is comparable to the Mission and Lincoln Park to the Marina.

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:26 pm

Health records in the mail and my to do list on Caesar is all complete!
Now I just need to do the little stuff, like find an apartment, figure out how to move all my shit, and sell my car.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

simplycatalina

Silver

Post by simplycatalina » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:30 am

Micdiddy wrote:Health records in the mail and my to do list on Caesar is all complete!
Now I just need to do the little stuff, like find an apartment, figure out how to move all my shit, and sell my car.
no apartment yet :( good luck! i hope you guys are able to find something soon!

feralinfant

Silver

Post by feralinfant » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:18 am

met bloomsie IRL. You will all be reassured that he did not give me a serial killer vibe even a little bit.

also bloomsie: I looked up the answer to the SCOTUS Justice pube on a coke can trivia question and it was actually Ginsburg, not Thomas. Who would've thunk it?

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:04 am

feralinfant wrote:met bloomsie IRL. You will all be reassured that he did not give me a serial killer vibe even a little bit.

also bloomsie: I looked up the answer to the SCOTUS Justice pube on a coke can trivia question and it was actually Ginsburg, not Thomas. Who would've thunk it?
So you're saying he's more like a Dexter-ish serial killer?

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:33 am

Micdiddy wrote:
feralinfant wrote:met bloomsie IRL. You will all be reassured that he did not give me a serial killer vibe even a little bit.

But Doakes got the vibe from him, so he did give the vibe at least a little. Bloomsie sounds more like Mr. Brooks.

But more importantly, why was there a RBG pube on your coke?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Bloomsie

New

Post by Bloomsie » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:01 am

Cobretti wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:

But Doakes got the vibe from him, so he did give the vibe at least a little. Bloomsie sounds more like Mr. Brooks.

But more importantly, why was there a RBG pube on your coke?
Not even a little bit? Come on!

We did a single round of trivia, and it was... decent, at best. I have never had a good experience with trivia in DC.

thefuturenow

New

Post by thefuturenow » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:23 am

Cobretti wrote:
Cobretti wrote:So I dug through and I thought we had 12/12 for fantasy but I'm only finding when we had 11/12 posted. so we actually have room for you banana.

I'll send out PMs to the people with (?) to confirm they're still going to NU since they don't seem to post ITT much anymore.

As it stands here's our league:

FlowBro Magnalum
PBateman1
MicDiddy
Cookiejar1
thefuturenow(?)
dolfan17(?) moneyball026
feralinfant
kwroche
cobretti
bloomsie
bananasplit19
save_ferris(?) dstars823
Looking at my sent messages save_ferris and dolfan17 received my PM without responding, so I guess they're out. Dstars and Moneyball you're in

TheFuture is here.

dstars823

Bronze

Post by dstars823 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:25 am

im looking forward to this league

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:29 pm

If Gibson's has WiFi we should draft there

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Bloomsie

New

Post by Bloomsie » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:34 pm

Cobretti wrote:If Gibson's has WiFi we should draft there
Gino's.

Oh right, wifi.

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:44 pm

Bloomsie wrote:
Gino's.

Oh right, wifi.
Upon further review it seems Gibson's is nothing like it is in The League, we probably shouldn't draft at an expensive steakhouse

bananasplit19

Silver

Post by bananasplit19 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:45 pm

Cobretti wrote:
Bloomsie wrote:
Gino's.

Oh right, wifi.
Upon further review it seems Gibson's is nothing like it is in The League, we probably shouldn't draft at an expensive steakhouse
Draft in Vegas, get Chad Ochocinco to host. It's not like he's doing anything anyway.

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:51 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:
Cobretti wrote:
Bloomsie wrote:
Gino's.

Oh right, wifi.
Draft in Vegas, get Chad Ochocinco to host. It's not like he's doing anything anyway.
Let's draft at that classic arcade bar ppl were talking about a while ago. We can determine order based on video game tournaments!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cookiejar1

Silver

Post by cookiejar1 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:16 pm

So, I'm assuming standard scoring because we're civilized people right? Also, are we doing a flex spot (I'm assuming yes... because we're modern civilized people)? The only debate we should be having is whether or not we want starting roster of QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / FLEX / K / DST or QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / FLEX / K / DST. Really depends on you guys, although I'm more partial to 2 WRs + flex because when I transitioned from playing in a vanilla 2 RB / 3 WR league to playing with a flex my leagues naturally just turned the 3rd WR slot into a flex slot. Some brand new leagues simply just add a new starter to the mix which is really just a "woah, crazy crazy" notion to me.

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:27 pm

cookiejar1 wrote:So, I'm assuming standard scoring because we're civilized people right? Also, are we doing a flex spot (I'm assuming yes... because we're modern civilized people)? The only debate we should be having is whether or not we want starting roster of QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / FLEX / K / DST or QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / FLEX / K / DST. Really depends on you guys, although I'm more partial to 2 WRs + flex because when I transitioned from playing in a vanilla 2 RB / 3 WR league to playing with a flex my leagues naturally just turned the 3rd WR slot into a flex slot. Some brand new leagues simply just add a new starter to the mix which is really just a "woah, crazy crazy" notion to me.
QB / 2RB / 2WR / 1TE / 1Flex / K / DST is how I've always played

How could you forget TE bro? Is this some poorly conceived plot to make us forget about Jimmy Graham??

cookiejar1

Silver

Post by cookiejar1 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:43 pm

Cobretti wrote:
cookiejar1 wrote:So, I'm assuming standard scoring because we're civilized people right? Also, are we doing a flex spot (I'm assuming yes... because we're modern civilized people)? The only debate we should be having is whether or not we want starting roster of QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / FLEX / K / DST or QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / FLEX / K / DST. Really depends on you guys, although I'm more partial to 2 WRs + flex because when I transitioned from playing in a vanilla 2 RB / 3 WR league to playing with a flex my leagues naturally just turned the 3rd WR slot into a flex slot. Some brand new leagues simply just add a new starter to the mix which is really just a "woah, crazy crazy" notion to me.
QB / 2RB / 2WR / 1TE / 1Flex / K / DST is how I've always played

How could you forget TE bro? Is this some poorly conceived plot to make us forget about Jimmy Graham??
Whoops. You can't trust anyone anymore.

--ImageRemoved--

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:46 pm

He was going to have such a monster season :(

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dstars823

Bronze

Post by dstars823 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:48 pm

have we decided what decides draft order?

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:53 pm

dstars823 wrote:have we decided what decides draft order?
I seriously vote arcade competition. We can have mini tournaments on a bunch of games and overall placement determines draft order.

We can do simple stuff like total score on 1 quarter per game. Fighting games we could do an actual tournament. Racing games could be the same.

In case you weren't ITT when we were talking about it, this place has all oldschool games (i.e. Simpsons, X-Men, Rampage) and beer... it should be badass.

dstars823

Bronze

Post by dstars823 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:54 pm

Cobretti wrote:
I seriously vote arcade competition. We can have mini tournaments on a bunch of games and overall placement determines draft order.

We can do simple stuff like total score on 1 quarter per game. Fighting games we could do an actual tournament. Racing games could be the same.

In case you weren't ITT when we were talking about it, this place has all oldschool games (i.e. Simpsons, X-Men, Rampage) and beer... it should be badass.
what is this magical place?

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:01 pm

dstars823 wrote:
Cobretti wrote:

what is this magical place?
Its buried ITT somewhere but I'm at work... I'm sure the locals know what I'm talking about though. M458 linked their website earlier.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”