Northwestern Class of 2016 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
oaken

Bronze

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Post by oaken » Sat May 04, 2013 6:04 pm

going to withdraw from NU. was going to throw out the gift card for the northwesternlaw.freeuniqueskins.com thing, but if anyone ITT wants the PIN code for my NU Law skin (never got the gift card, want a second one, I don't care) PM me. I haven't used mine yet and I'll give it to the first person who wants it

EDIT: claimed!

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Sat May 04, 2013 6:50 pm

M458 wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:Hey future NLaw-ers. I'm a 3L and trying to procrastinate so I don't have to study for any exams or write any papers, so feel free to ask me questions! (Please ask me questions. I really don't want to do any work. :( )
Best drink specials that NU law students like to take advantage of? Trying to keep the alcohol part of the budget under control while still being able to go out and have fun.
The local fake Irish pub that lots of students hang out at has like $2.50 Miller and Coors drafts for NU students, and a discount on food. Other than that, no great deals in the area. Venture out of Streeterville and you can find cheaper/more fun places, generally.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Sat May 04, 2013 6:53 pm

Cobretti wrote:
bk187 wrote: What sports are the most popular in Chicago? Is hockey up there with NFL/NBA?
My guess is these days it's about NFL>>NBA>>NHL>>Cubs>>everything else, generally. That's not how I feel at all, but that's the reading I get from my friends who are from here. The Blackhawks are definitely huge this year, but they're also far and away the best team in the NHL, sooo... :wink:

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Sat May 04, 2013 6:54 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
M458 wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:Hey future NLaw-ers. I'm a 3L and trying to procrastinate so I don't have to study for any exams or write any papers, so feel free to ask me questions! (Please ask me questions. I really don't want to do any work. :( )
Best drink specials that NU law students like to take advantage of? Trying to keep the alcohol part of the budget under control while still being able to go out and have fun.
The local fake Irish pub that lots of students hang out at has like $2.50 Miller and Coors drafts for NU students, and a discount on food. Other than that, no great deals in the area. Venture out of Streeterville and you can find cheaper/more fun places, generally.
Timmy O'Toole's?

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Sat May 04, 2013 6:54 pm

Cobretti wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:
M458 wrote:
Timmy O'Toole's?
Yup. Not the best bar in the world, but decent prices/food, and it's an okay place to watch a game.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Sat May 04, 2013 6:57 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:Yup. Not the best bar in the world, but decent prices/food, and it's an okay place to watch a game.
I would say Timmy's has above-average bar food, and above-average beer and cider selections. But it's so annoying when it's crowded.

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Sat May 04, 2013 9:41 pm

Come on guys! Where's the Bulls love?? They NEED your emotional support!

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Sat May 04, 2013 10:08 pm

Micdiddy wrote:Come on guys! Where's the Bulls love?? They NEED your emotional support!
You're making golden state cry with your treachery

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Sat May 04, 2013 10:14 pm

Cobretti wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:Come on guys! Where's the Bulls love?? They NEED your emotional support!
Dubs-Bulls finals would be AMAZING. Is the entire City of Angels licking their wounds down there?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Sat May 04, 2013 10:32 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
Cobretti wrote:
Dubs-Bulls finals would be AMAZING. Is the entire City of Angels licking their wounds down there?
yes...

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Sat May 04, 2013 10:34 pm

Well look at that. Bulls won without this thread's help. You all better be here for the Miami series though!

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Sun May 05, 2013 12:41 am

Micdiddy wrote:Well look at that. Bulls won without this thread's help. You all better be here for the Miami series though!
I'll support them when I'm living in IL
and D Rose is back

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Sun May 05, 2013 1:27 am

Cobretti wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:Well look at that. Bulls won without this thread's help. You all better be here for the Miami series though!
and D Rose is back
How's that weather? Is it fair?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

thefuturenow

New

Post by thefuturenow » Sun May 05, 2013 2:51 am

Could not believe it. Brooklyn or New Jersey, Nets be trashy.

Edited to add: Expletive Expletive Miami Expletive expletive Le-Expletive, etc.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Sun May 05, 2013 3:04 am

The Blackhawks are the only team this city has that is likely to win a championship, plus hockey is awesome, I highly recommend watching tomorrow's game!

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Sun May 05, 2013 12:11 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
Cobretti wrote:
and D Rose is back
How's that weather? Is it fair?
I'm saving all my unwavering loyalty for the bears. Knowing Cutler he's gonna make me want to jump ship at least a few times during the season

Bloomsie

New

Post by Bloomsie » Sun May 05, 2013 1:10 pm

http://www.snopes.com/photos/signs/chicagobears.asp

This is why I will never cheer for the Bears. My Saints would've lost to Peyton that year anyway, but I've never gotten over that sign.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Sun May 05, 2013 1:42 pm

Bloomsie wrote:http://www.snopes.com/photos/signs/chicagobears.asp

This is why I will never cheer for the Bears. My Saints would've lost to Peyton that year anyway, but I've never gotten over that sign.
That's a sign that might be funny 5 years after the fact, but if that was the 06/07 season that's pretty fucked up...

On the topic of the Saints though, I had Brees in a 6pt/passing TD league last year... needless to say I won it all :twisted:

Bloomsie

New

Post by Bloomsie » Sun May 05, 2013 1:57 pm

Cobretti wrote:

That's a sign that might be funny 5 years after the fact, but if that was the 06/07 season that's pretty fucked up...

On the topic of the Saints though, I had Brees in a 6pt/passing TD league last year... needless to say I won it all :twisted:

Well, the Saints won it all four years later, and the Bears have this problem with even making the playoffs, so I'll take it.

It's like there's no spot in a fantasy draft too early to take Drew Brees. I'm in my fifth year of a keeper league and so I've never had a chance to get him.

I don't really have any room in my lineup for any new sports team. Chicago Fire?

fruitoftheloom

Bronze

Post by fruitoftheloom » Sun May 05, 2013 2:00 pm

For those looking in Lincoln Park / Lakeview, I posted earlier that I'm renting from these guys: http://www.ppmapartments.com/. I'm in the apartment now, and so far so good. There isn't a dishwasher (I knew that when I rented), and the kitchen is tiny (again, knew when I rented). It's exceptionally quiet and is exactly like the leasing agent told me (via photos, phone and email). Also, I love the neighborhood. Anyway - if you decide you like their properties, let me know. There's a referral bonus (I think $500?) and I'll split it with you.

Also - if you're coming in to town and want a couch to crash on while you check out apartments, I'll be here all summer. I do have a cat, so you might keep that in mind if you're allergic.

Excited to meet you all in August!

(And now, back to the sports talk).

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Sun May 05, 2013 2:03 pm

Bloomsie wrote:
Cobretti wrote:

Well, the Saints won it all four years later, and the Bears have this problem with even making the playoffs, so I'll take it.

It's like there's no spot in a fantasy draft too early to take Drew Brees. I'm in my fifth year of a keeper league and so I've never had a chance to get him.

I don't really have any room in my lineup for any new sports team. Chicago Fire?
Socal doesn't really have a team (lolchargers), so my loyalties change every year depending on my fantasy team.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Sun May 05, 2013 2:08 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:For those looking in Lincoln Park / Lakeview, I posted earlier that I'm renting from these guys: http://www.ppmapartments.com/. I'm in the apartment now, and so far so good. There isn't a dishwasher (I knew that when I rented), and the kitchen is tiny (again, knew when I rented). It's exceptionally quiet and is exactly like the leasing agent told me (via photos, phone and email). Also, I love the neighborhood. Anyway - if you decide you like their properties, let me know. There's a referral bonus (I think $500?) and I'll split it with you.

Also - if you're coming in to town and want a couch to crash on while you check out apartments, I'll be here all summer. I do have a cat, so you might keep that in mind if you're allergic.

unfortunately they seem to discriminate against awesome (big) dogs

fruitoftheloom

Bronze

Post by fruitoftheloom » Sun May 05, 2013 2:13 pm

Cobretti wrote:
fruitoftheloom wrote:For those looking in Lincoln Park / Lakeview, I posted earlier that I'm renting from these guys: http://www.ppmapartments.com/. I'm in the apartment now, and so far so good. There isn't a dishwasher (I knew that when I rented), and the kitchen is tiny (again, knew when I rented). It's exceptionally quiet and is exactly like the leasing agent told me (via photos, phone and email). Also, I love the neighborhood. Anyway - if you decide you like their properties, let me know. There's a referral bonus (I think $500?) and I'll split it with you.

Renting with big dogs is a pain in the ass :(

Bloomsie

New

Post by Bloomsie » Sun May 05, 2013 2:18 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:
Cobretti wrote:

Renting with big dogs is a pain in the ass :(
That's why I'm getting an apartment and then getting a big dog. :dealwithit: 8)

FlowBro

Bronze

Post by FlowBro » Sun May 05, 2013 2:22 pm

Who is down for a fantasy football keeper league next year? I mean we're going to be around for 3 years so why not?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”